How are you doing in your career?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
To be
24 other matches, averaging 75 with the bat, yet no call ups or offers, still grinding it out at club level :D

So far, I have set hardest difficulty in the gameplay modifiers, but set foot work selection, shot selection etc options to 0 lol, but set the batting difficulty to easy. It has been really easy, almost 6 off every ball.
Which difficulty level can offer much realistic gameplay?

To be fair, 24 matches is what? Not even two seasons spread over 3 diff formats. R u saying u set selection level on hardest? Obviously in real life in Oz more so than in England players do tend to play at club level and often not get state selection well into their 20s. Good on you for the average but do u not wanna at least put it on pro? I prefer constructing an innings than hitting every ball for 6. It’s challenging like for real.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
A thread where you can put all things career mode.

Coming out in the next few hours or so...[HASHTAG]#hype[/HASHTAG]

Aaaaand we're live!

Admittedly dropped to pro for new buttons and got couple of 90s in 3-dayers but struggled in limited overs. First 2 dismissals were because I pressed old buttons!

Struggled in 2nd season but made 240 in last 3-day match. Hope that doesn’t provide the impression it’s too easy. I’d gone 5 innings without 50 but having made 100 I determined to go on. I liked how my player seemed to be flagging late on and was suddenly struggling to hit the big shots. I’m playing in northern England. All opposition tend to have both left and right arm pace and spin. Keeps it challenging and interesting. I have absolutely everything set to medium difficulty and probably got out to spin more than pace, certainly early on. It’s so much better with 3 day matches, not just T20. Moving up and down the order a little too is really cool.

Good luck to everyone in their career. Anyone got a 300 or even 400?!

Last edited:

aspink3

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In first season and only getting around 8,000 SP per game, regardless of how well I perform. At this rate, I'll only be able to make 1 improvement to my player each game! Does this increase as the game furthers/player improves? :/

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
In first season and only getting around 8,000 SP per game, regardless of how well I perform. At this rate, I'll only be able to make 1 improvement to my player each game! Does this increase as the game furthers/player improves? :/

It does seem a bit disproportionate sometimes.

DodgyAussie

School Cricketer
I've averaged 40 after my first 3 matches in club cricket (including 1x50). Now in my 4th match I made 59 in 1st innings and I'm currently 161* from 122 balls. Is this a reflection of me having the difficulty too easy - or are club bowlers just really bad (and first class is harder)?

I'm playing on professional, with medium-medium.

Thanks,

aspink3

Club Cricketer
It does seem a bit disproportionate sometimes.

Understatement!

I got around 8,200 SP following a golden duck in a T20 game. I then got 8,150 SP following 140 runs in a first class game (inc a century)!

That just about got me 1 upgrade point.... Clearly much work still needed to be done to make career mode an enjoyable experience.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I've averaged 40 after my first 3 matches in club cricket (including 1x50). Now in my 4th match I made 59 in 1st innings and I'm currently 161* from 122 balls. Is this a reflection of me having the difficulty too easy - or are club bowlers just really bad (and first class is harder)?

I'm playing on professional, with medium-medium.

Thanks,

I don't think one hundred is enough of a sample size to suggest it's too easy. In real life players have done well early on and never bettered that. I just scored 240 but after a run of five non-fifties so can I back it up? Unless we're averaging 60+ and getting 100s every two or three innings then it may not be too easy. Remember that the AI opposition are club players, when you get to first class level etc then yes your rating will be higher but the players around you will rate from around 55-90 odd not just 38-49 or so.

You say 161 not out from 122 balls which suggests you are still playing 'properly' with some big hitting as well. If you're hitting every ball for six and never mishitting it and getting out cheaply and therefore not reverting to constructing an innings, just smashing it then that's when it's too easy. Obviously you want to be challenged so move to the next level (I can never remember which way around veteran and legend are!) if you want. The higher the level both the more rewarding and frustrating it can be.

I've switched to the standard buttons having played previous games. It's simplified but varied enough. Let me know if you beat my 240.

Which country's league are you in?
Do all opposition seem to have right arm and left arm pace and spin? I haven't faced any dibbly dobbly bowling that was prevalent in DBC 17. It's out and out pace or spin.

kulch

Club Captain
Understatement!

I got around 8,200 SP following a golden duck in a T20 game. I then got 8,150 SP following 140 runs in a first class game (inc a century)!

That just about got me 1 upgrade point.... Clearly much work still needed to be done to make career mode an enjoyable experience.
Absolute silence from the Devs on this stuff only fuels they don't have anything positive to say about it. Career mode is void of reward if you get the same sp regardless of performance.
Can we atleast get some information on the criteria for sp given? Something? Anything?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Understatement!

It is disappointing that your performance is not the criteria to earn the xp

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can’t wait for all the major leagues/teams to be created by our awesome community members so that I can start my actual career mode.

Noticed that best bowling figures are inaccurate as well as the not out high score bug. Hopefully it has been reported to Bigant already.

estmsm

Club Captain
To be

To be fair, 24 matches is what? Not even two seasons spread over 3 diff formats. R u saying u set selection level on hardest? Obviously in real life in Oz more so than in England players do tend to play at club level and often not get state selection well into their 20s. Good on you for the average but do u not wanna at least put it on pro? I prefer constructing an innings than hitting every ball for 6. It’s challenging like for real.

Got a call up for a FC team after 50 or so games, balanced the difficulty level, average dropped down to 61 or so. And yeah, constructing an innings is more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread