How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Considering the other thread is for impressions I thought I'd post this thread where you can talk about the matches you have played/are playing.

Hopefully this thread can be a sticky like in the ICC forum.

Post away!

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
Well got my ps3 copy today played Ashes then went online problem is too many people ball full length to your feet and it's really hard to play them shots im trying to practise more so i can do it online as i think mostly people will ball full length lol.Also i seen alot of quitters already!

paradisekingy

Club Cricketer
120/4 from the first morning session of the second ashes test. fairly realistic score ive hit.

fours are extremely hard to come by at lords, smashed a cover drive and still fell just short of the boundary

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bowled out for 92 in the first innings at Cardiff. Collingwood top scored with 22*, and was bowling a crap length and got spanked early on. Australia are 91/0 of 10.3 overs. I've managed to tie them down abit in the last 3.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Bowled out for 92 in the first innings at Cardiff. Collingwood top scored with 22*, and was bowling a crap length and got spanked early on. Australia are 91/0 of 10.3 overs. I've managed to tie them down abit in the last 3.

On hard? It seems like this has happened to quite a few people. Must be harder to get wickets considering all the English bowlers bowl 125kph.

St0ney

Club Captain
Playing my first game now a 50 over one day with me england verses south africa and after 10 overs im 44-4.
Had a disaterous start but flintoff and shah are fighting back.:banana2
Playing on hard and u really got hit it spot on or youll edge thats how i lost 3 wickets and bowled once but im loving the challenge, already hit 4 fours and it feels like cricket.
Back to game.:D

77 all out .

OMG SA got 79-0 after 5.2 overs :eek:

Last edited:

St0ney

Club Captain
Well online is bad lag stops u hitting the ball i was all out for 10.
The ball goes in slow mo then speeds up impossible to time it.:eek:

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
Playing a ODI, I'm West Indies and I'm playing against SA.

I'm 77/4 after 14 so far, Simmons playing well :D

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
215/3 @ tea, 1st test, Eng (me) v Aus

Strauss 100 - B Jonhson - C Haddin.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I lost the progress of my last Ashes campaign, so just started again. Australia bowled out for 213, which is a good effort considering they had about 60 on the board when Haddin and North came to the crease. 92* from 172 balls from Brad Haddin and handy support from the tail, most notably Siddle and Hauritz got them upto 213. I'm currently 8/1 off 4.4 overs. The wicket to fall was Strauss, tried to cut a short wide one from Hilfenhaus but I mis-timed it and hit it straight to Clarke at backward point.

My batting innings is going surprisingly ok. After Strauss's early dismissal, Bopara hit a couple of boundaries before edging behind off Hilfenhaus. Then Pietersen and Cook put on 40odd before Cook was caught at Point, then Pietersen got out mis-timing a straight drive, hitting it straight to North at Mid-Off. Hilfenhaus has 4/46, and I'm 71/4. So not exactly dominating with the bat, but it's a better effort than my last couple of batting innings.

Last edited:

deasy00

School Cricketer
PS3 Match,

Does anyone want a T20 or ODI match later (around 6/7) because i cannot get a game at the moment as so many people just quit after either loosing wickets or gettting hit a bit at the start of the game (making the most of the fielding restrictions). if so just add Deasy91 and ill be on later.

hiatus

School Cricketer
woohoo won my first game

sorry for the shameless bragging but I finally figured out the batting part of the game. Played a T20 Ind vs NZ. Simulated the bowling part(NZ 107 for 5). and then knocked off the runs in 8.3 overs losing 3 wickets. Now if only I can get to bowl the same way, I can advance to Hard and maybe even try online(something I have never done with anything other than shooters for fear of making a fool of myself)

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
I find Bowling as easy as batting

Last edited:

Sheheryar

School Cricketer
I finished my 1st oneday match now, (Pak Vs India)

Hard 360, in cape town clear conditions

What a low scoring match it was but scores very realistic though

Pakistan (ME) 209 all out in 43rd over

Fawad Alam 78 (92)
Younis Khan 44 (39)
Umar Akmal 40 (53)

Harbhajan Singh 9 overs 3 for 37
Y Pathan 2 for 47 in 8 overs
P Kumar 2 for 33 in 5 overs

India All OUT 203

Suresh Raina 70 (83)
MS Dhoni 33 (26)
R Jadeja 25 (21)

Rana Naveed 5 for 44
S Afridi 3 for 30

I have noticed run out bug will remain there but to make the game more realistic customize your field placements, like with Rana i have a packed off side field like fielders in short cover, cover, point, gully, mid off, sweaper and 1 slip.... amd the AI was playing drives in the air which was going to short extra cover or point....

I placed a short midwicket for Shahid and yuvraj singh played straigt in the hands was a sharp catch though but makes u feel happy.....

Users who are viewing this thread