How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We had a successful thread in the AC09 forum, I thought it might be best to put all your ongoing scores in this thread, and leave actual impressions and thoughts on the game in the impressions thread.

Last edited:

Donko1982

Banned
i have got into the semis of the t20 world cup on hard mode
few things i have noticed your carry over your points from the first league into the super 8 league
gameplay wise i have been playing with england in the sub conternat & the average score for the al is 200 which is just about right for a t20 game great work codies

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Currently playing a Test match on Hard. England vs Australia at Melbourne. After 14.3 overs I'm 43/2. Really struggled to score early on against the new ball, especially against Siddle who has a bit of extra pace. Bollinger picked up a couple of early wickets, getting Cook C+B as I tried to drive straight down the ground; then 3 balls later Trott tried to cut a short wide one and only succeeded in smacking it straight to Hussey at point. Have put on a good partnership of 39 since between Strauss and Pietersen but runs aren't exactly coming quickly. Strauss is 19* from 52 with Pietersen 18* from 32. Really enjoying it so far, seems a lot better, and more difficult that AC09 was.

Edit: Bollocks. Pietersen out. Left a delivery that I thought was easily missing off-stump, but it nipped back in and clipped the top of off. Annoyed.

Edit again: Crapola. Johnson is getting the ball to move off the seam with regularity now. Collingwood gone LBW 2nd ball to one that looked perfect for a cover drive but nipped back and was clipping the top of off. Really need to dig in with Strauss and Bell now! 53/4

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
So much for me digging in and batting time. Bell edged behind off Watson for 4, Strauss drove on the up to cover for 30, Swann hit a big six off Watson before getting bowled trying it again and despite a good counter-attack from Prior which generated 36 from 19 he was eventually undone by some very good bowling. Was very impressed by the AI actually. Johnson bowled me 2 slightly short deliveries which were easily pulled for 4, then next ball he bowled a geniunely good and fast bouncer which I tried to hook for 4 but only managed to smack it straight up in the air off the top edge behind me to Haddin. So I'm now 105/8 with Broad and Anderson at the crease.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Well I'm playing a test match (on hard of coarse) between England and South Africa at the oval, I'm in England and I was put into bat first and got bowled out for 58 for only 22 overs, south Africa then made 212 with a 114 partnership between kallace and devilliers. Then they had a batting collapse and were bowled out for 212 after 40 overs. I was 42-0 but then I lost cook and strauss so now I'm 50-2 after 19 overs.

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
West Indies (me) vs England (AI)

England 1st Innings

188 all out, 39.4 overs

Pietersen 82 (101)

Benn 3/35 (8)

West Indies 1st Innings

50 all out, 23.2 overs

Gayle 29 (67)

Swann 4/0 (3)

England 2nd Innings

173 all out, 39.4 overs

Bell 41 (44)

Benn 7/60 (19)

So I need 311 to win in 3 and a half days.......................................

Brook

Club Captain
Playing an ODI on hard, minimal HUD action cam. Australia (me) v India.

I chose to bat first, partly to see if I could actually survive the innings and partly to see how the AI chases. I just finished my innings, I set 350/8, at one stage it looked like it would be more, then less, then Brett Lee and Nathan Hauritz put on 37* pretty quickly. The Indian bowlers bowled poorly at them, a mixture of full tosses and bouncers.
Clarke topscored with 94, really wanted his hundred but I ran him out at the nonstrikers end by not cancelling a run quickly enough.
The AI bowled 7 nbs, which I mostly capitalised on

Last edited:

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Wicket!!

Pietersons gone for 50 off 14 balls England are now 99-3 after 23 overs. (I got a bit carried away with pieterson)

End of day 1 and I'm 109-3 after 27 overs.

Last edited:

nicksy111

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Stumps on Day 1, 1st Test Match

England (me) v Bangladesh, Hard difficulty

The Oval

Bangladesh 152 all out (45.4 overs)

Ashraful 65(133)
Al Hasan 32(65)

Anderson 4/43(15.4)
Swann 3/11(6)

England 142/2 (44 overs)

Strauss 53(76)
Pietersen 31*(62)

Al Hasan 1/29(10)
Rasel 0/41(13)

A thoroughly enjoyable first day. Bangladesh were 109/4 when I removed Ashraful and Shakib in successive overs, and they never recovered. The AI batsman paced themselves well, unlike the inevitable slog-fest that occurred in AC2009.

I was cruising at 87/0 when Strauss tried to cut a ball that was too close to him and edged it to the keeper off Shakib, then shortly after Cook was run out going for a tight second. I like the way the AI bowlers react to how your batting. Pietersen hit Rasel for two successive fours through mid-wicket, then for the next few overs he kept to a tight off stump line, which made it tough to score with the covers packed with fielders

Brook

Club Captain
Playing an ODI on hard, minimal HUD action cam. Australia (me) v India.

I chose to bat first, partly to see if I could actually survive the innings and partly to see how the AI chases. I just finished my innings, I set 350/8, at one stage it looked like it would be more, then less, then Brett Lee and Nathan Hauritz put on 37* pretty quickly. The Indian bowlers bowled poorly at them, a mixture of full tosses and bouncers.
Clarke topscored with 94, really wanted his hundred but I ran him out at the nonstrikers end by not cancelling a run quickly enough.
The AI bowled 7 nbs, which I mostly capitalised on

In answer to my own question, they chased pretty poorly. 162 ao from 28.1 overs. They fared extremely badly against short pitched stuff. 5 of my wickets were clean bowled, including some brilliant stuff from Hauritz. They batted at about the right rate but they lost wickets too often. Maybe down to score board pressure? Not sure.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
I'm currently 279-3 with an unbeaten 182 partnership with Trott (on 126) and collingwood (52). I'm leading s.a by 127 and I'm in the third innings of the match and I'm coming up to tea on day two.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Currently on 57/4 of 21 overs. Test match Eng(me) vs Aus at Melbourne

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 449
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 395
P

pcfan123

Look at Trott's Strike rate, this game is bloody realistic :laugh

Only 4 extras in 20 odd overs, very good to see.

D

Dutch

Is it fair to say that the balance between bowling and batting is a bit off? What I mean is that bowling seems to be a bit too easy and batting very hard (which isn't a bad thing of course). Is that the impression others are getting?

P

pcfan123

Even if that is the case, that is way better than a batting over powered game. We have never had a bowling overpowered game before (not that this is)

Damn I need my copy, fearsome tweak you Royal mail

Users who are viewing this thread