How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I need to release my latest roster as I tried to make bowling to AI harder (admittedly I bowl using no HUD which makes things automatically harder but even with minimal HUD WI have scored miserably.

as for field settings, if you can apply the rosters, fields should be no bother.

Need to extract savegame.txt and summary.dat. Then load field editor selecting first savegame.txt and then summary.dat. Then import my fields and save via field editor.

Then using modio replace savegame.txt and summary.dat with ones changed using field editor.

New fields transform the game for me so I strongly urge you to try again - my latest fields are attached here

Attachments

• test and ODI fields v20.txt
    385.9 KB · Views: 14

timchrist984

Club Captain
Just a quick update on my series as the Aussies against the West Indies, I'm finding that due to their amazingly beastly stats, (mainly cos of maxed out strength, i think), the AI batsmen are scoring extremely quickly. The run rate is about 4 and half an over. I'm finding bowling to left handers with a right armed bowlers is especially hard, as they are punishing anything on their pads. I've got exams this week, but hopefully i'll be able to give scorecards and better updates in a few days.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yes I think strength is an underated stat in this game. high strength means AI scores more quickly which in turn increases their confidence to Bold and Fearless more quickly. To get them to score competitively in tests you need their confidence set to Bold or Fearless so its a fine line with strength in getting AI to be competitive and not scoring too quick and therefore hard to get out

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
England VS West Indies 3 Match Series

England 2nd innings

England didn?t get off to a great start this time round either. Both batsman were hit early on, Cook dropped in slips, then was caught in slips on a no ball. Strauss lost his wicket in the 11th over when he missed a back foot shot that clean bowled him. Trott was out soon after drinks when he attempted to hook a short ball from Roach that bounced off his helmet and into the stumps. Cook was then out when he skied a cut shot to slips, again off Roach. Pietersen and Bairstow safely batted through to lunch, looking steady with a 25 run partnership. Batting: Strauss 13(31), Cook 19(55), Trott 5(14), Pietersen 22*(39), Bairstow 4*(25) Bowling: Rampaul 7-2-13-1, Edwards 6-0-20-0, Roach 7-1-20-2, Sammy 5-0-15-0, Shillingford 1-0-3-0

Disaster struck soon after lunch when Bairstow was out when he bottomed edged a hook onto his stumps from a quick Rampaul bouncer. Bell was out next over when he took off for a run that clearly wasn?t there and couldn?t get back in time. Prior responded well though hitting a four and a six of the rest of the over. Soon after Pietersen was dropped by the keeper, then caught by him next ball trying to drive Shillingford through covers. Prior played well but was out the same way soon after. Swann got a quick 10, but was out caught behind trying to flick Bravo through the leg side. The batsman realized they needed to get some runs on the board, so with the score on 8/127, Finn and Broad decided to take advantage of the part time spinners Bravo and Deonarine. This didn?t go well, as Finn was bowled when he tried to smash a straight ball through the leg side. Broad was bowled after only one more run was added to the score, leaving the West Indies 141 runs to achieve victory.

@ zim: I do have another usb, so after this series i will try again to change the fields. Just wondering, what do the feild changes do? is it more singles, less boundarys, or just more realistic fields? :cheers

Attachments

• photo1234.JPG
    photo1234.JPG
    784 KB · Views: 48
  • photo41414141414141.JPG
    photo41414141414141.JPG
    749.7 KB · Views: 21
  • photo23131.JPG
    photo23131.JPG
    811.6 KB · Views: 10
  • photo4234.JPG
    photo4234.JPG
    746.2 KB · Views: 17

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
@ zim: I do have another usb, so after this series i will try again to change the fields. Just wondering, what do the feild changes do? is it more singles, less boundarys, or just more realistic fields? :cheers

They are made with human batting in mind - they take into account spinners are easier to hit than pace bowlers therefore attacking spin fields are less 'attacking' than pace attacking fields

I have taken into account the easy scoring areas off spinners and the lines they bowl to right and left handers and tried to plug the gaps meaning playing them is harder to score off, especially when not set

Fields are more realistic, but not 100% as have to take core gameplay into account especially with spinners and plug the gaps accordingly

My house rule is, is that I use default fields only as AI can only use them so it keeps things fair

However I would use the new fields for your current game, don't wait as default out of box fields are rubbish

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
They are made with human batting in mind - they take into account spinners are easier to hit than pace bowlers therefore attacking spin fields are less 'attacking' than pace attacking fields

I have taken into account the easy scoring areas off spinners and the lines they bowl to right and left handers and tried to plug the gaps meaning playing them is harder to score off, especially when not set

Fields are more realistic, but not 100% as have to take core gameplay into account especially with spinners and plug the gaps accordingly

My house rule is, is that I use default fields only as AI can only use them so it keeps things fair

However I would use the new fields for your current game, don't wait as default out of box fields are rubbish

Thanks ill try to change the fields. will upload the end of the 1st test tomorrow

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wow almost 2 years since this game was released! :eek:

Surley its time for another cricket game release ay codies? ;)

Jclarke75

School Cricketer

West Indies 2nd Innings

England went in with the same mentality as in the Windies first innings, except this time it was do or die. West indies had over 3 days to get 141 runs at roughly .4 an over. The crucial first wicket came from a quick by Finn, trapping Barath lbw. Swann was introduced early and helped instantly. He got the wicket (run out) of Braithwaite, who came down the pitch and forgot to go back, even though he?d hit the ball. At tea the score was 2/26. Batting: Braithwaite 13(37), Barath 2(15), Deonarine 6(18), Chanderpaul 2(5) Bowling: Anderson 4-1-11-0, Finn 6-1-11-1, Swann 2-0-4-0

With the score at 2/52, Prior dropped an easy catch off the bowling of Swann. Deonarine was very lucky. Next over Trott was brought on to try and get a wicket. It worked, knocking out Deonarines off stump, when he tried to cut a Yorker. Bravo was nearly out lbw to Swann, but just got himself outside the line of his off stump. The West Indies were cruising at 3/70, until Bravo was out to Trott, the same way Deonarine was. Chanderpaul was dropped next over when he hit a full ball to cover. That could have been a vital breakthrough, as he was on 29(47) and going well. Chanderpaul was dropped again off Swann, this time at slip, with the score at 4/79. After having an lbw shout turned down, Swann got the wicket of Baugh, bowling him which left the score at 5/82. Chanderpaul survive another lbw shout, this time from Trott, hawkeye showing the ball to be just missing off stump. Chanderpaul survived another lbw shout from Trott, again the ball just missing the stumps. Chanderpaul finally lost his wicket when he left a doosra from Swann that cleaned up his off stump. 4 wickets left, 54 runs to get. Soon after Roach was lbw to Anderson, leaving the tail exposed and the score at 7/93, victory getting closer and closer for England. Edwards was fooled by an off cutter from Finn, plumb lbw. England were close, 8/96. With the score at 8/107 Trott bowled Shillingford, leaving Rampaul and Sammy to get the final 35 runs. At stumps they still needed 29 more runs to achive victory

Day 3

Rampaul and Sammy battled well, but fell 20 runs short of the target. Sammy was undone by a slower ball Yorker from Trott.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    940.2 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    620 KB · Views: 10
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    862.9 KB · Views: 12
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 8

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Well it seems bowling with minimal HUD makes bowling very easy against AI - you seem to get wickets with quite a few yorkers, which with no HUD is practically impossible as you cannot get perfect bowling hotspot with any consistency.

With no HUD I am getting games going to 4 days and last 2 tests have won by 2 wickets and 23 runs.

Not sure how much I can improve game for those who bowl with minimal HUD but will release one more roster for tests/50 ODI that reduces stats of human team and increases slightly stats of AI teams

Jclarke, if you want I will release roster for playing as Australia as well as England if interested?

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
Jclarke, if you want I will release roster for playing as Australia as well as England if interested?
No thanks im ok with playing as england

I need to release my latest roster as I tried to make bowling to AI harder (admittedly I bowl using no HUD which makes things automatically harder but even with minimal HUD WI have scored miserably.

as for field settings, if you can apply the rosters, fields should be no bother.

Need to extract savegame.txt and summary.dat. Then load field editor selecting first savegame.txt and then summary.dat. Then import my fields and save via field editor.

Then using modio replace savegame.txt and summary.dat with ones changed using field editor.

New fields transform the game for me so I strongly urge you to try again - my latest fields are attached here

im having trouble like i was last time, but hopefully ill work it out. if not ill just have to go without:(

Jclarke75

School Cricketer

I open Field Editor, then when i find the file, i click on it but it comes up with a message saying "invalid file selected". Am i doing something wrong?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Forgive me if I am stating the obvious but to implement fields you do not extract savegame.txt from user.dat - you extract savegame.txt and summary.dat files from the gamesave file

----------

I open Field Editor, then when i find the file, i click on it but it comes up with a message saying "invalid file selected". Am i doing something wrong?

Yes when first open field editor you have to open the savegame.txt file followed by summary.dat file extracted from the savegame file (extracted using modio)

Then you import my fields file using field editor, then click on Save

You then using modio (with correct savegame file opened) replace the savegame.txt and summary.dat file just saved using field editor

Jclarke75

School Cricketer
I extracted the file etc again, but now when i try to open it it comes up with a message " Failed to open/create File : C:\savegame.txt Error:5

Jclarke75

School Cricketer

England(me) Vs West Indies (AI) Broadcast view, Hard, Min HUD for Batting and Bowling
2nd test at Edgbaston
Teams
England West Indies

1. A.Strauss (C) 1. K.Brathwaite
2. A.Cook 2. A.Barath
3. J.Trott 3. Darren Bravo
4. K.Pietersen 4. S.Chanderpaul
5. J.Bairstow 5. N.Deonarine
6. I.Bell 6. C.Baugh (W)
7. M.Prior (W) 7. D.Sammy (C)
8. S.Broad 8. K.Roach
9. G.Swann 9. F.Edwards
10. S.Finn 10. S.Shillingford
11. J.Anderson 11. R.Rampaul

England won the toss and elected to bat

England 1st innings

Day 1
On a sunny morning at Edgbaston Rampaul and Edwards opened the bowling. After a quiet start to the day for both batsmen, Strauss played a beautiful pull shot which brought him four, taking his score to 13*(38), and Englands score to 0/28. Cook however was clean bowled 2 overs later. He played well up until he was bowled for 11(44). Trott 1*(9) and Strauss 14*(43) safely batted out the next 2 overs, getting the score to 1/32 at drinks. A couple of overs after tea, Trott was ran out when he and Strauss took off for a run that wasn?t there. Strauss was nearly out lbw the very next ball, but Hawkeye showed the ball to be just pitching outside leg. Another cracking four from Strauss came a few over later, with a beautiful on drive. Strauss hit his 3rd four a few overs later, taking the score to 2/64. Pietersen was caught next over trying to smash Sammy through the leg side. Strauss was dropped in the same over trying to do what Pietersen did. After a great innings, Strauss was finally out just before tea, edging to slips. At lunch the score was 4/84, Bairstow 15*(28), Bell 1*(4)

Bairtsow got England off to a great start, smashing an off drive for four first over after lunch. He was then bowled on the last ball of the over. Not a great start. Bell then was run out when he took off for a run and didn?t make it back in time. A 38 run partnership between the attacking Prior and patient Broad got eangland to 6/140, until Broad was caught at leg gully. Poor fielding by the West Indies gave Prior 4 overthrows, taking him closer to his 50. He was out next over though when he knicked the ball to the keeper trying to hook a quick ball from Rampaul. Finn out first ball, Rampaul with the chance of a hat-trick. He had to wait til his next over, but didn?t get. Anderson left a bouncer that nearly hit him, but no damage was done. The innings didn?t last much longer though, Anderson out lbw to Rampaul.

This was my first time using the imported fields, and i think they make batting much better. Only thing is sometimes the AI would use a defensive field pretty early, even though i was barely scoring. But i think it definitely makes the game a lot better.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    679.3 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    607.5 KB · Views: 24
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 22
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    610.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
. Only thing is sometimes the AI would use a defensive field pretty early, even though i was barely scoring.

Thanks for feedback - sadly cannot do anything about that - the code would need to be changed I think

Users who are viewing this thread