how can i tell if my voice has broken

whitekickboy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey just thought id ask because im 14 and apparently my voice has got deeper but i dont notice any difference is there anyway i can tell?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Feel behind your ear, if theres a lump near your "flappy," bit (i'm no scientist obviously) then its broken, if not, well it hasn't.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Not everyone's voice "Breaks" in the same way sometimes it just gets gradually lower over time and you don't really notice. For others one moment they sound like Bart Simpson and the next Darth Vader.

So it could be that your voice has just got gradually lower. Mind you, if you still sound all high pitched it could also be that it hasn't happened at all yet. 14 is not especially late, could be a couple of years yet.

Manly

Thor
1st sign is when your mates take the piss out of your squeakiness, then your voice has broken.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Your adams apple will become more visible.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Well people could have worked with me! Jeez! My joke went right out of the window, my post makes me look like a bit of an idiot now :p

jordox

International Cricketer
This is the fool proof method.

Sing a low note (just hum it if you want). Then gradually go higher and higher. If your voice feels like it cuts out and goes into a range that sounds like a dying giraffe and is really scratchy, your voice has broken.

If it doesn't, and you can hum all the way up to the highest note, it probably hasn't.

Magz

Club Cricketer
Scream or shout as high as you can. If no sound comes out and you feel a "sticky" sensation in your throat your voice has probbaly broken. Don't scream too loud though, don't want those vocal chords tearing.

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
Just askjeeves.com
or if you prefer to get a quick answer,:D ask your parents

Users who are viewing this thread