How did you come up with your username... ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 46200
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46200

As it says, how did you come up with that special username does it mean anything or is it from somewhere... ? Do please explain.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wil kick this off (have answered it my AMA but that was nearly 6 months ago)

My real name is very common so could never register on any websites quickly

So lord of the rings was in the cinemas at the time, I had all the books so one day looked at the glossary of names and saw the name zimrahil

According to Tolkien it means ‘princess’ so my suspect humour liked it and used it ever since :p

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I wil kick this off (have answered it my AMA but that was nearly 6 months ago)

My real name is very common so could never register on any websites quickly

So lord of the rings was in the cinemas at the time, I had all the books so one day looked at the glossary of names and saw the name zimrahil

According to Tolkien it means ‘princess’ so my suspect humour liked it and used it ever since :p
Perhaps you and Cazza should swap avatars? :p

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
@Aislabie

"eɪzləbɪ"... so in English that'd be "Aiz-la-bee"

I first noticed Benjamin Aislabie when I was trawling through very old first-class scorecards (back before Cricket Archive was paywalled). There were countless gentleman players who would bat nine or ten and not bowl, but this one name kept on coming up time and time again. So I opened his profile up, saw his stats, and then did some more research about him.

Sadly, since Cricinfo "raised their game" to the shitty, hard-to-navigate mess we now have to deal with, and Cricket Archive decided to hide behind a paywall, it's remarkably difficult to access any of his old scorecards.

S

Satan666

Wanted to change persona to be less controversial and something that would be quite comical as I had signed to the PCPL 2017. My in game player in PCPL was Daenerys Targaryen which was quite comical to see in the scorecards and augured well with some commentaries on burning stuff, making quite a mockery of the then Xplicit team members. Hell I only stopped when a staff member deleted my posts.

Anyways so coming from that with the game of thrones theme and golden hair of Daenerys as my avatar matching the golden Saints banner I decided to pay total homage to the series I cherished hence Fire and Blood the tagline of the Targaryens which in general belief is to be ruthless, taking what is yours with Fire and Blood.

In various AMAs on the general discussion thread numerous members have indicated they ‘like’ the username.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Think I can adequately illustrate this by posting a couple of videos:

I hope you don’t answer your examination questions in the same manner, I guarantee you will fail :eek:

The straight forward answer is......?

D

Deleted member 46200

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I hope you don’t answer your examination questions in the same manner, I guarantee you will fail :eek:

The straight forward answer is......?
Well, the first video speaks for itself.
In the second one, the striker in question was nicknamed 'Loco'.

Users who are viewing this thread