Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello Members,

I am here on the forum since 2016. At my early times at PC I spent a lot time. Used to question myself why need to waste time here with these cricket mods. Fine, time goes. Recently completed my academics and was attending some companies placement activities. There was a question from HR of company X like " Why did you choose computer science and especially what made you to use a computer ". I was answering some general views. He was like give me a better reason so we can hire you. Well then I started him telling about my approach playing Cricket 07 game via computer then in search of how this game works and how mods are being developed I reached a forum called Planet Cricket. They asked me to explain the working of PC and what we do here, how games are developed/improved mods like Cricket 07. I was questioned on how PC backend works. Tried to answer in a general way and skipped it. He was impressed and finally..

That's how PC helped me to crack that company X interview and offered with a descent salary :). So now I need to gain back my old activity that I lost on forum.

Special thanks to @RUDI he was there every time with me on the forum discussing in and off Planet Cricket. Everyone seen me as Manish Face's but he has seen me in person.

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not lying, one of the things at my workplace involves writing emails to clients and to our onshore teams. We have to copy our team manager on every emails we write. And that is how my manager reads every email I write. He once asked me about my effective email writing in our performance review discussion. Only thing I said was that I'm the part of world's largest cricket discussion forum and I interact with many people across various countries. That is where I learnt to write messages which is now helping me in writing my emails. He was really happy with my work and I managed to top the table in every performance review discussions till date.

@Manish. Congrats on cracking the interview. Wish you the best in your career. :)

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
This is amazing. In a whole, it's so amazing about how PC as a platform offers to interact with members of different kinds in such an unbiased and friendly environment, and how all of us can share our experience and knowledge and also learn from others in such a way. Congratulations on cracking the interview, @Manish.. wishing you best of luck :)

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
PC has helped me too in a different way. :)
When I joined in 2018 I was recovering from a robbery. I joined to learn about cricket as my staff were forming a team, but my staff didn't keep up with playing cricket, and I got lost in General Chat and started enjoying the interactions with you guys, it took my mind off court cases, police statements etc, I've made a very good friend here, and he knows everything about what happened, so PC is more than a cricket forum, it's a place where I escaped to and found my special friend! :wave

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Planet Cricket helps me to become intuitive & creative. PC ignited the aura of graphic designer inside me. I'm a commerce graduate, but currently I'm working as a designer. I have learnt Modding & Designing from this site. Long live Planet Cricket.

Last edited:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The forum hasn't helped me professionally, as I am just a student, but it has changed my personality for the good. I now know how to tackle differences of opinion and respect others' right and wrong views. 2 years ago, I didn't have this trait, and rather than agreeing with someone with better points, I would still argue. PlanetCricket took this trait away for good and also helped me engage with people from countries I had never interacted with. I feel like due to PlanetCricket I am easier to get along with and overall a more versatile person in real and virtual life, alike.

And of course, it has exponentially improved my Cricketing knowledge.

LONG MAY PLANETCRICKET BE AN INTEGRAL PART OF OUR LIVES!

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I'm glad to see how this site has contributed to everyone's life albeit small.

I also will say that it has helped me learn and understand the English language more. I can easily communicate with people now and I won't ever forget this site and this part of my life ever!

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Well I'm glad to see how this site has contributed to everyone's life albeit small.

I also will say that it has helped me learn and understand the English language more. I can easily communicate with people now and I won't ever forget this site and this part of my life ever!
Your English is great! :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread