Your Cricket How to bowl with tennis ball?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket can also be played with the use of a normal tennis ball instead of a hard Cricket ball (though, real men play with hard balls ;)). Right, I don?t have a normal cricket ball, so I just use a tennis ball to play cricket with friends.

Here are some of the benefits:
It?s safe
Cheap
Good way to practice your cricketing skills

Now, I don?t know how to be a good bowler using a tennis bowl, on a normal grass surface (green grass, fresh, Sweden), big enough to play . There is no way you can ?swing? the ball, though any ideas how to bowl good basic deliveries?

Manly

Thor
Pitch it on a line/length, and you shouldn't get bitched about the park.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
we have grassy pitches here, all we have to do is pitch it up. 3 times out of 5, the batsmen just misjudges it because of the dodgy bounce.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Altogether the grass is kind of wet today, though it's not raining, I’ll be going out in a while.

Also whenever I give the ball to legs or something or in the middle stumps, very full delivery I get smashed for big sixes, and I don’t know how to bowl good length.

Thanks.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Tape up one side, it becomes heavier, and therefore it "glides," through the air towards that heavier side.

Placement wise you want to be sticking it on off-stump everyball, use your cutters and also never bowl the same pace twice in a row!

Manly

Thor
Just drop it down a bit then mate.

Depending on how tall you are, maybe send down a bouncer when it is dry?

I can get quite a bit of height.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
well i'm kinda 179, I am able to get the odd bouncer here and there.

And yes, I do try to bowl, lot of cutters, and it does work, but sometimes it just doesn't seem or work.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
nah, bowl yokers are just killing, always gets hit. I try to spin or cut the ball as much as I can.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Imo just try to bull it as full as you can (yorker). Who carse if its a low full toss, its better than a half volley. But give him a half volly once in the over to make him go for the big shot.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Imo just try to bull it as full as you can (yorker). Who carse if its a low full toss, its better than a half volley. But give him a half volly once in the over to make him go for the big shot.

A low full toss is the best ball to hit a boundary (atleast for me). So pitch the ball on good length and use cutters and the occasional slower one.

Answer to a rep I received: Even we aren't scared of Symonds and a weed caller Hayden.

Last edited:

Mad Snake

International Coach
lol at your sig Shreyas i dont think anyone in australia would be remotely scared of either of them haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread