• Signups for the official fantasy cricket league "The PlanetCricket League 3.0" are open! Signup here !!!

How to install patches for Cricket 2007

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
The number of posts appearing asking how to install this and that is rapidly increasing. In order to avoid threads becoming bogged down with such questions, I have decided that this sticky thread should answer all such questions. Consequently, posts elswhere asking how to install things will be deleted unless there is good reason not to.

1) Patch-makers normally post their downloads in .zip files. It is recommended that you download and install the latest version of 7-Zip if you have not already done so.

64-bit user? Click here instead

7-Zip is compatible with most compression systems, including ZIP, RAR and 7z, the formats most commonly found in mods.

2) Once you have downloaded and ran 7-Zip, you will see a screen like this,

From there navigate to where you saved the file you downloaded, and double click to open it.

You will then see the contents of the download. These are typically .fsh and .big files - though you may find other types from time to time.

3) From here, click the extract button - though some downloads may be organised into folders, where you will need to open inside those to get the actual files - most should include a readme.txt file to explain the details of this.

You can either browse to the directory where you have installed Cricket 2007 - by clicking the [...] button to open the file tree window shown; or you can enter it manually in the box on the first screen. By default, the game is installed to C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS(TM) Cricket 07\ - this is known as the root directory.

However, for rosters, you will instead need to navigate to the 'EA SPORTS(TM) Cricket 07' in your My Documents folder. Putting %userprofile%\My Documents\EA SPORTS(TM) Cricket 07 into the address bar should take you there.

Rosters go in a folder named the same as the .ros file you are using, and typically will come like this in the download, such as in the image below.

4) Once you have the path correct press the Ok button to perform the extract operation.

For rosters once extracted, you will also need to select the roster in game, by going to My Cricket > Load/Save > Load > Roster and selecting the roster that was named in the download. After this, go back to Save and save your profile to make it the default when you load the game.

For Face and Bat patches, you will need to assign them in the roster, or download a roster with them already assigned. A tutorial on Face assigning is available here and one for bats here.

For most other patches they should work without further input unless the patch has any other specific instructions. Patch-makers are encouraged to include a text file with instructions of how to install their patch. This is known as a readme file and you should always read the instructions included within it before posting queries in the forum.

Attachments

• 7z1.png
    7z1.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 5,420
  • 7z2.png
    7z2.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 5,143
  • 7z3.png
    7z3.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 5,106
  • 7z4.png
    7z4.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 5,081
Last edited by a moderator:

ahmed_speedy1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i dont use winzip but ther other program ??winrar`` can i still use this one or do i have too install winzip

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I reccomend that everyone use WinZip because when we release large patches, WinZip's extra compression options - which make downloads significantly smaller - are not compatible with other archiving tools such as WinRar or WinAce.

It's best to use WinZip. ;)

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Hmm. Patches don't work for me. There is also no "EA Sports" or "EA SPORTS (TM) Cricket 2007". Is this because I saved the game in the "D" drive?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Well surely you remember the directory where you installed it in?! Try reinstalling it and take note of where you put it.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Yeah, I installed it into my "D" Drive. And in the D Drive, all the C2k7 files are there. Just not in "EA SPORTS" or "EA SPORTS(TM) CRICKET07"...

Found it! It's in My Documents!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
No, My Documents is where you put roster files and profiles and matches, not other patches.

embi

International Coach
Burma's Finest said:
I reccomend that everyone use WinZip because when we release large patches, WinZip's extra compression options - which make downloads significantly smaller - are not compatible with other archiving tools such as WinRar or WinAce.

It's best to use WinZip. ;)

A quick comment from me, I use 7zip which is a free compression program, with pretty much all the features plus its own .7z format. Its a handy compressor, if you're too skint for Winzip get it from http://www.7-zip.org/

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
WINZIP IS FREE

And, as I said, when we produce larger downloads and use WinZip's high-level compression features, you will have to use WinZip to open the files.

Users who are viewing this thread