Your Cricket How to stop bowling wides?

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Whenever I start tossing balls down the legside (it happens to everybody) there are only 2 things I do to make myself stop, and they work brilliantly. The first, is don't try so hard. As in, don't worry about trying to fling the ball down at 150k, just concentrate on getting it where you want it. Once you've hit your spot 3 or 4 times in a row, then crank the pace up again.

The second (and probably more relevant to you), if your body is falling away, then your arm is compensating by going the other way. The way to counter-act this is try to keep your eye on your target for as long as you can, and as your running in think about your arm brushing your ear in your delivery stride. What that will do is keep your head nice and straight, which means your arm is also straight, which means you should be releasing the ball in a straight line, without any weird "falling over" angles messing up your radar.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Try to flight the ball a bit more, and flight it in line. If the ball will spin, then it will other beat the batsman or end up in his legs. (He might smash for a six on the legside, though)

Naveen Mandapati

School Cricketer
I am in the same boat...I was a good bowler back in school days....i recently started again after 10 years or so....

I lost my consistency these days started doing more leg side wides and putting more pressure on my shoulder i believe...

Right Arm Medium pacer

Side On Action i believe...

I believe my front foot is not straight, not looking straight during release, my left arm collapsing tooo soon.......

Any suggestions will be very helpful to improvise my action....!

Thanks

My Action Video....

Hkhan19991

School Cricketer
Hey guys,
I'm running into same issue I have been bowling since last 5 years but in last few months I have lost my line and starting to give leg side wides, extremely frustrated with this I think my head/body falls on side. Tried with low pace slower ones but ball from release point drifts towards leg side...kindly guide me how to overcome this

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey guys,
I'm running into same issue I have been bowling since last 5 years but in last few months I have lost my line and starting to give leg side wides, extremely frustrated with this I think my head/body falls on side. Tried with low pace slower ones but ball from release point drifts towards leg side...kindly guide me how to overcome this
Easiest thing to try is, as you're running in, think about your bowling arm brushing your ear. It will likely make your action feel odd, or even bowl with less control for a bit, but if you keep thinking about it, your head will naturally start to stay a bit higher, which in turn keeps your bowling arm more up-and-down, rather than possibly coming in on the angle as your body falls away.

Users who are viewing this thread