1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Voting in Challenge 3 of the PC Survival Games Series has started Please thank (vote) for as many entries as you like! What are you waiting for Vote Here
    Dismiss Notice

I get plenty of edges.

Discussion in 'Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum' started by Ejdon, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Ejdon School Cricketer

Ive started 2 careers, my first was with a medium pace bowler, second with off spinner, and I have gotten plenty of edges. With my off spinner, about 50% of my wickets are caught by the WK, even a few at slips. Either I'm lucky or whoverever complaining aint bowlinn right :) And I took off bowling assistance shortly after I worked out the movement, just watch the bowlers run up to judge when to bowl!

2. barmyarmy Retired Administrator

barmyarmy
    National Team:
    England
    Domestic Team:
    Scotland and Surrey

It seems more doable with the spinners. You've had slips catches with your medium pacer?

3. Ejdon School Cricketer

Yeah definately more common with the spinners, but yeah Ive had a few go to slips with the medium pacer, not as much as I would like but a few :)

4. joejoe018 Associate Cricketer

joejoe018
    AKA:
    D.W
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues and Sydney Thunder
    A thread? for this? put it in general discussion or something like that.

5. Ejdon School Cricketer

Ahhh piss off joejoe im new to this forum stuff.

6. joejoe018 Associate Cricketer

joejoe018
    AKA:
    D.W
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues and Sydney Thunder
    Shut up!

7. yogi33 School Cricketer

I think the fatigue issue has something to do with it. I tend to get edges more frequently with fast bowlers or medium paces at the beginning of a match when they haven't dropped 20kmhr in pace.

8. IceAgeComing Retired Administrator

IceAgeComing
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Sussex and Union Saint Gilloise

yes; I also think that a person shouldn't make a new thread and instead post in a 1000 page megathread where their post will get ignored.

1 person thanked this.
  9. NoLeName PlanetCricket Writing Team

NoLeName
    National Team:
    Australia
    So we all agree then? :p

2 people thanked this.
  10. Rowdoss Club Captain

Rowdoss

I have said in other threads that I also get a good quota of edges every innings. I'm the other way. More off medium and fast bowlers than spinners.
    I'd average a couple to the keeper and at least 1 to the slips in every innings. I've had as many as three slips catches in an Innings. Only one EVER to gully though interestingly enough.
    After reading through the bowling thread this morning there still seems quite a bit of debate still about the best ways to bowl which may explain why some are having varying degrees of success re: edges
    Don't ask me what I do cos I don't know!!! :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  11. Alberts Associate Captain

Alberts

Yeah, the spinners find it a bit easier to get edges it seems, but overall I still tend to get the vast majority of my wickets bowled or LBW. It seems to be more to do with the AI mentalities than anything else though, so it's something I imagine them directly looking into for the next patch.

----------

About 4-5 to the keeper/slips should be the average, getting that only every once and a while is below "a good quota".

12. Rowdoss Club Captain

Rowdoss

Its a good quota compared to those that aren,t getting any! Ive had up to 6 in an innings and as few as 2. ODI and t20 numbers would be well below the 4-5 you speak of irl,
    although that number is probably right for tests

13. Alberts Associate Captain

Alberts

That's the number for tests, but I generally only play first class and test matches, and have only played a few shorter form matches.

I've had up to around 5 in an innings, but it averages close to 1 per innings, which really is a worry when I'm averaging around 5-6 bowled and LBW per innings.

14. Rowdoss Club Captain

Rowdoss

what difficulty?
    Do you shine the ball regularly?
    I also wonder what pitch types have what affect, if any?

15. Ejdon School Cricketer

Its on Pro. Yeah I shine pretty regularly. A lot of them have come from wide deliveries outside off after bowling a few balls at a good line and length, and they have been on the bouncier pitches i think, but im not 100% sure with that so dont quote me there :)