I get plenty of edges.

Ejdon

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive started 2 careers, my first was with a medium pace bowler, second with off spinner, and I have gotten plenty of edges. With my off spinner, about 50% of my wickets are caught by the WK, even a few at slips. Either I'm lucky or whoverever complaining aint bowlinn right :) And I took off bowling assistance shortly after I worked out the movement, just watch the bowlers run up to judge when to bowl!

Ejdon

School Cricketer
Yeah definately more common with the spinners, but yeah Ive had a few go to slips with the medium pacer, not as much as I would like but a few :)

Ejdon

School Cricketer
Ahhh piss off joejoe im new to this forum stuff.

yogi33

School Cricketer
I think the fatigue issue has something to do with it. I tend to get edges more frequently with fast bowlers or medium paces at the beginning of a match when they haven't dropped 20kmhr in pace.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A thread? for this? put it in general discussion or something like that.

yes; I also think that a person shouldn't make a new thread and instead post in a 1000 page megathread where their post will get ignored.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
I have said in other threads that I also get a good quota of edges every innings. I'm the other way. More off medium and fast bowlers than spinners.
I'd average a couple to the keeper and at least 1 to the slips in every innings. I've had as many as three slips catches in an Innings. Only one EVER to gully though interestingly enough.
After reading through the bowling thread this morning there still seems quite a bit of debate still about the best ways to bowl which may explain why some are having varying degrees of success re: edges
Don't ask me what I do cos I don't know!!! :D

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
It seems more doable with the spinners. You've had slips catches with your medium pacer?

Yeah, the spinners find it a bit easier to get edges it seems, but overall I still tend to get the vast majority of my wickets bowled or LBW. It seems to be more to do with the AI mentalities than anything else though, so it's something I imagine them directly looking into for the next patch.

----------

I have said in other threads that I also get a good quota of edges every innings. I'm the other way. More off medium and fast bowlers than spinners.
I'd average a couple to the keeper and at least 1 to the slips in every innings. I've had as many as three slips catches in an Innings. Only one EVER to gully though interestingly enough.
After reading through the bowling thread this morning there still seems quite a bit of debate still about the best ways to bowl which may explain why some are having varying degrees of success re: edges
Don't ask me what I do cos I don't know!!! :D

About 4-5 to the keeper/slips should be the average, getting that only every once and a while is below "a good quota".

Rowdoss

Club Captain
About 4-5 to the keeper/slips should be the average, getting that only every once and a while is below "a good quota".

Its a good quota compared to those that aren,t getting any! Ive had up to 6 in an innings and as few as 2. ODI and t20 numbers would be well below the 4-5 you speak of irl,
although that number is probably right for tests

Alberts

International Coach
Its a good quota compared to those that aren,t getting any! Ive had up to 6 in an innings and as few as 2. ODI and t20 numbers would be well below the 4-5 you speak of irl,
although that number is probably right for tests

That's the number for tests, but I generally only play first class and test matches, and have only played a few shorter form matches.

I've had up to around 5 in an innings, but it averages close to 1 per innings, which really is a worry when I'm averaging around 5-6 bowled and LBW per innings.

Ejdon

School Cricketer
what difficulty?
Do you shine the ball regularly?
I also wonder what pitch types have what affect, if any?

Its on Pro. Yeah I shine pretty regularly. A lot of them have come from wide deliveries outside off after bowling a few balls at a good line and length, and they have been on the bouncier pitches i think, but im not 100% sure with that so dont quote me there :)

Users who are viewing this thread