ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
LOL !!

Lets just agree to disagree :)

This isn't a chat room, it's a message board. We're not having a conversation, we're discussing a topic in a thread. Post about the match, or don't. But the above post is pointless. You don't know what the phrase means, I get that, but then don't use it, rather than assuming that every loss is a result of 'choking.' We lost that match because of the required rate, not because we threw it away when we had it in the bag.

----------

I was typing too fast. But still, massive choke. 20 off 15 should be simple.

Depends on the pitch and the bowlers. Take that into account. If India can only struggle to 130, I don't see how going at 8 an over is easy, especially against the oppositions best two bowlers on the day.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Depends on the pitch and the bowlers. Take that into account. If India can only struggle to 130, I don't see how going at 8 an over is easy, especially against the oppositions best two bowlers on the day.
Ok, let's look at the 18th over, bowled by Ishant Sharma. He was bowling mostly pies. Yes, there were a couple of very good slower balls in there but mostly he was bowling pies. If Morgan and Bopara had hit one or two of those for four rather than popping them up to a fielder then we would have been inside the rate and could have taken some caution with the spinners.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'd say England were winning that game for 35 of the 40 overs. You have to call that "in the bag."

Yes, the track was difficult. Yes, there was pressure. Yes, there were good spinners in operation. But Bopara and Morgan more than contributed to their own demise off deliveries that held no real demons. When they were there, at the aforementioned 20 off 15 situation, you'd back them to win 99 times out of 100. They didn't.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
@Skater

I agree. I'm not saying it was impossible and Bopara and Morgan were favourites to get us home when they were both still there. But it still wasn't easy. So it's not a choke. It's letting the pressure tell. It's different.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This isn't a chat room, it's a message board. We're not having a conversation, we're discussing a topic in a thread. Post about the match, or don't. But the above post is pointless. You don't know what the phrase means, I get that, but then don't use it, rather than assuming that every loss is a result of 'choking.' We lost that match because of the required rate, not because we threw it away when we had it in the bag.

Haha - WTH ! Is this for real ? I wanted to end the discussion because the word 'choke' clearly seems to have pressed some wrong buttons with you. We can agree to disagree during a discussion

I still feel 20 off 15 for any team in ODIs is simple, especially with wickets in hand. You dont think so, so be it. I couldnt care less. Just relax

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I wasn't having a discussion with you. I replied to a post of yours, that's all. There's no need to post 'this is over' or 'I'm done talking with you'. It's childish thinking you can determine when the whole community finishes discussing a topic. If you don't want to discuss it any more, then leave the thread and leave it to the rest of us.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Quite surprised at Bruce Oxenford's call in regard to the Ian Bell stumping.

Nevertheless, fantastic cricket by India throughout this tournament. Deserved winners, and hopefully they have uncovered some gems for the future. Well played!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What a victory!!!! We're the Champions! Lost the toss, the rain kept irritating us, yet India held their nerves and ever so aided by some of their most brightest futures like Kohli, Jadeja and Dhawan, India pulled off an amazing victory in the end.

Huge huge huge pat on the back for the selectors, especially Sandip Patil and his team. For selecting such a brave team and backing them inspite of the criticism of 'inexperienced squad'. Well done selectors!!:cheers:clap And MSD!!!! U rock!!!:thumbs:cheers

Gurjot95

National Board President
Just when billions of people were questioning Dhoni decision to bowl Ishant, he pulled up another heist. Quite a way to shut the mouth of all his critics. Surely No Captain, I repeat NO CAPTAIN would have bowled a bowler with over 9 eco rate when he had all other bowlers with under 5. That said, take a bow Dhoni, first captain to win WT20, World Cup and now Champions Trophy. Ofcourse not to forget his trophies in IPL and Champions League.

What a Thriller! What a match!

ballers101

Club Cricketer

----------

I don't know what you're talking about 20 off 15 with 3 balls left in Ishant Sharma's over when he just bowled 2 straight wides and got smacked for a six...England choked. Bopara and Morgan will both attest to that statement because they knew they should have won they simply gave their wickets away on back-to-back terrible shots.

Side note: Ian Bell's wicket is very strange to me, don't think that was out or there was conclusive evidence that the bails were off.

But congrats to India, they didn't play their best but they were able to pull it off due to some great bowling from their spinners and took advantage of fielding opportunities throughout the 20 overs.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kiwis must be happy by the Bell's dismissal. I remember them getting robbed by Steve Davis in exact same situation couple of matches ago. :spy

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
M.S.Dhoni-The name says it all.He deserves all credits.The main thing is he explains all his moves.Superb team effort,Dhawan,Rohit,Virat and Dinesh too with the bat,Ravi Ashwin with the ball and to my surprise he took some really important catches too.Ravindra Jadeja showed great all round skills,Raina was brilliant in the field.Bhuvanesh was getting to move the ball a big deal,Umesh picked up a few too and Ishanth.Finally great team,great young team,fresh legs and the fire to achieve more success.Great leadership skills and thinking.MSD you rock mate.

P.S:Haters will keep hating him,we fans dont give a damm to that!:thumbs

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
England choke again in a 50 over tournament final. Well played to India, but that was disappointing. It's going to get harder and harder for England to win a trophy now. 1987 World Cup, 2004 Champions Trophy, and now this. We're in the same position as South Africa now!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
England choke again in a 50 over tournament final. Well played to India, but that was disappointing. It's going to get harder and harder for England to win a trophy now. 1987 World Cup, 2004 Champions Trophy, and now this. We're in the same position as South Africa now!

1979 World Cup final as well.

England have been in 6 ICC tournament finals and lost 5 of them.

cerande

Club Captain
How did England manage to loose the match? I thought it was game over when Ishant was hit for a six,then switched on test match sofa to hear about the two wickets falling off successive balls.

Bell's stumping didn't look out,but England should not have lost from the position they were in.

Users who are viewing this thread