ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anyway, what I find amusing is that the English commentators/pundits have quickly forgotten the no-ball which broad bowled to dismiss kane williamson. If that had been given, England would have probably been eliminated from the tournament.

The image was blown up and it showed there was about half an inch of Broad's boot behind the line, so it was not a new ball.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
In cricinfo's huddle, Mark Butcher alluded to a second replay that apparently convinced him that Bell was actually out. Butcher said that the replay came after the decision. I didn't see this replay as I was too busy dancing around and screaming obscenities, but Mark was completely sold on it.

If I were the third umpire in that scenario, I'd not have given him out, but that was mostly due to lack of evidence and not because I believed he was safe. He may well have been out, but the replays I saw didn't conclusively show that. And was I the only one who thought Broad's stumping (late in the piece) was WAY closer than how the commentators sold it?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Bit late but brilliant work from the boys. They went undefeated from the warm-up matches to the final. #bleedblue

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You mean when Isshit Sharma bowled rubbish and England blew it..........? Dunno who should come out with the tag of mystic meg, you or Dhonki. Of course one of the latter overs in a tight game was going to be crucial, if it hadn't been that one you'd have said the next one, or the next one..................

What was "hero" Isshit's moment? An awful shot heaving from outside off to leg, or Bopara picking out a fielder?!?!?!? Was Dhonki a tactical genius? Or did he/Isshit get lucky? The latter, nothing he bowled was a great wicket-taking delivery, of course he tried something different, what would anyone expect with two wides and a six in his first three balls......................?!?!?!?!?

:lol Was it hurt too much Owzat? I hope your buttocks are okay. You seems to be in a lot of pain there.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Not getting carried away, but I am actually happy with this new selection committee. Especially led by the astute Sandip Patil. I wanted this guy to even coach India if possible. But anyways, he is at a place where he can do good for Indian cricket. The tough choices were taken and it bore fruit. Even Sachin retired from ODI cricket during Patil's tenure only, and probably he would have been asked (in the background) to step aside from the ODI team to make way for younger and fresher legs by Patil and his team.

Hope Patil and his team keep acting tough like this from here on and pick only those players who are fit enough and who can perform for India.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
What a trick was that by Ash-MSD to get rid of Trott, amazing stuff :clap

India won the last edition of Champions Trophy... :clap:)
What a fabulous competitive game that was, Ishant had almost given a heart attack :D , Ash-Jaddu-Dhawan rocked :)

Hats off to MSD's leadership again, strange decisions always work for him :cheers :clap

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Selectors' bold decisions have helped Team India excel - The Times of India

If what is reported here is really true, then Sandip Patil and his selection team should be lauded even more. To go up to a man like Tendulkar and tell him that he isn't guaranteed a place in the playing XI if he keeps picking and choosing ODI's at his will, takes great guts. And the decision to play a player is the selector's, not the player's. A player can quit whenever he wants to, but you can't blame a player for not thinking about team interests when the selectors are entrusted with that job. If so, why selectors? Walking after you know you nicked the ball is fine, but you can't blame the batsman for not walking because its the umpire's job to give the decision.

War

Chairman of Selectors
This I find laughably ridiculous. More than one respected West Indies commentator (Cozier, Holding, Bishop, et. al) has lamented about the total lack of structure or talent in the Caribbean. I fail to see where you think the talent is going to come from. But I'm always willing to listen.

Yes the structure is bad, but talent always pops up.

India obviously have arguably the best talented young batsmen around, but except for Kohli and Pujara many of others still have a lot to prove.

India however don't have better talented fast bowlers coming through than Windies. Surely you are not going to say B Kumar, Sharma, Yadav is better than Gabriel, Roach, Holder and a rejuventated older players like Best and Rampaul.

With regards to spinners Narine, Shillingford and Bishoo (two of them being ICC emerging players of the year winners) is as good as any spinner India has now if not better.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes the structure is bad, but talent always pops up.

India obviously have arguably the best talented young batsmen around, but except for Kohli and Pujara many of others still have a lot to prove.

India however don't have better talented fast bowlers coming through than Windies. Surely you are not going to say B Kumar, Sharma, Yadav is better than Gabriel, Roach, Holder and a rejuventated older players like Best and Rampaul.

With regards to spinners Narine, Shillingford and Bishoo (two of them being ICC emerging players of the year winners) is as good as any spinner India has now if not better.

Could not agree more. What baffles me is that Umesh Yadav has played 25 odd ODI, has an average of 40 odd and an economy above 6 is still a regular member of the team. Ashwin is good, but his main variations become annying to watch. Jajeda is going through a phase (like Mendis few years back), people will get used to him and then he will become a useless part of the team.

Kohli is the only batsmen worth praising in recent times. Dhawan has been good, but he has only played 5-6 ODI's. Sharma is finally starting to blossom. Pujara, haven't seen much of him, so can't say much there. But once again, very new to the team

Users who are viewing this thread