ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Bigby Wolf

You have to feel for England here since 2015 they have beaten every top side both home and away series consistently (except they lost to India in Indian back in 2017) but come the WC lost to Pak,SL and now Aus. Call it bad luck or bad management/decisions they are struggling when it really mattered on some testing wickets their attacking tactics really backfired still two games to go they can win it and can enter the semis but from the outset one can see them falling apart.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Australia is looking lethal, some team got to stop them. They are in the semis anyway, performance and preparation wise England and India seemed a lot better. England had his share of problems related to their bowling and top order. Buttler has been wasted at number 6. He is a top talent and should have batted in the top order in the first place, England relied too heavily on Bairstow.

Coming to the match of Pakistan and Newzeland tomorrow, I as a fan feel deeply that Colin De Grandhomme is due for Pakistani batsmen and our batsmen should make sure to thrash Grandhomme deliveries out of the park so deservingly if he comes to bowl. On paper, Newzeland seems strong with Ferguson as the main frontline bowler and as well as we have to watch out for Williamson and Ross Taylor who always perform so well against us.

For Pakistan, Aamir has to fire and I'd recommend Hasan Ali back in the squad in place of Shaheen Afridi, though I doubt the winning combination would be changed.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Australia is looking lethal, some team got to stop them. They are in the semis anyway, performance and preparation wise England and India seemed a lot better. England had his share of problems related to their bowling and top order. Buttler has been wasted at number 6. He is a top talent and should have batted in the top order in the first place, England relied too heavily on Bairstow.

Coming to the match of Pakistan and Newzeland tomorrow, I as a fan feel deeply that Colin De Grandhomme is due for Pakistani batsmen and our batsmen should make sure to thrash Grandhomme deliveries out of the park so deservingly if he comes to bowl. On paper, Newzeland seems strong with Ferguson as the main frontline bowler and as well as we have to watch out for Williamson and Ross Taylor who always perform so well against us.

For Pakistan, Aamir has to fire and I'd recommend Hasan Ali back in the squad in place of Shaheen Afridi, though I doubt the winning combination would be changed.

Interesting to see that you’ve picked Hasan. I thought he was deservedly dropped and shouldn’t be playing any part further, as he was both expensive, wicketless and wasted the new ball. Why would you want him back?

Bevab

Staff Member
You have to feel for England here since 2015 they have beaten every top side both home and away series consistently (except they lost to India in Indian back in 2017) but come the WC lost to Pak,SL and now Aus. Call it bad luck or bad management/decisions they are struggling when it really mattered on some testing wickets their attacking tactics really backfired still two games to go they can win it and can enter the semis but from the outset one can see them falling apart.

Their belief in the batdeep strategy has made nearly all of them not value their wicket and play at everything to keep the scoring rate up. Stokes and Root have been the only players who have been relatively immune to this. Even Buttler wants to play nearly every delivery. The less said about Morgan and the others, the better.

This definitely doesn’t work when their lower order is terribly out of touch with the bat and is no different from those of the other teams. I would have played the extra batsman instead of Moeen had Denly or Hales been in the squad but neither is there and so England need to make do with what they have. I have always said that the exclusion of Hales will prove costly to this side on a pure talent basis and so far have been proved right.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Interesting to see that you’ve picked Hasan. I thought he was deservedly dropped and shouldn’t be playing any part further, as he was both expensive, wicketless and wasted the new ball. Why would you want him back?
I agree, he needs to play some domestic games to find his form again because his been poor for a long time now.
After the Champions Trophy he haven't been the same so I rather give another bowler a chance.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
A major setback for England there. They did well to restrict Australia to under 300 after the start that they had, but their batting against quality bowling is a concern. I would still back them to reach the semis as I expect them to win at least 1 match more.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Lol Just look at What Sherloque Basit Ali has to say :lol.

@aditya123 you might be interested in it.
This is a classic example of India and Pakistan media C**tiyapan.
They are just talking nonsense, I don't think the Indian team will lose on purpose just make sure Pakistan don't make to Semi-Finals, Pakistan need to focus on winning the next matches then something as stupid as this.
I am sure most Indians and Pakistan fans would love to see Pakistan vs India again.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

I don't Bigby. I actually think they have a fabulous captain and Bayliss is about as excellent a coach/management you will get. I have been screaming for ages that they're a flat track bully side. I have repeatedly said that Jos Buttler batting where he is, is an enormous tactical blunder specially when Roy is out. They have repeatedly shown signs of issues on tracks that have it in them and it was only amplified during the CT.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is a classic example of India and Pakistan media Chutiyapan.
They are just talking nonsense, I don't think the Indian team will lose on purpose just make sure Pakistan don't make to Semi-Finals, Pakistan need to focus on winning the next matches then something as stupid as this.
I am sure most Indians and Pakistan fans would love to see Pakistan vs India again.

That language is not needed here.

Users who are viewing this thread