Story ICC Four Day World League: Go Rachel Go

D

Deleted member 46200

Nah I will do a write up after all the second round matches and see what is happening: in the meantime some Dutch batting of sorts......

Cool, look forward to reading.

D

Dutch

Dutch Capitulation (Effectively 40 for 7) As UAE Get Ready For The Kill

A dreadful batting session saw the Dutch slump from a positive start as the pressure of the situation got to them. The Dutch started out in a forthright manner to work away their 75 run deficit and looked to be going well as both Ahmed and Myburg scored freely. Ahmed was unlucky after he inside edged onto his stumps from a Javed full ball which sat up to be driven.

Myburg
quickly followed with a tame and lackluster backfoot drive that was too close to the body, nicking behind to wicketkeepr Haider. Swart followed suit after nicking a drive to second slip. Both Cooper and van der Merwe added some stability in the middle order. Cooper was clean bowled by a inswinger, playing completely down the wrong line.

Barresi then succumbed to the spin of Raza as his shoddy footwork had him tangled and nowhere to go straight in front. Raza put the icing on the cake as he clean bowled van der Merwe as he missed the doosra. Van der Merwe would have been looking to redeem his rather poor bowling display with a good knock: alas.

The sight of Peter Borren coming out even before 30 overs have been bowled is not a good sign for the Dutch but he is no mug with the bat as he has shown but even he couldnt get above the madness as he needlessly attacked a Raza dipper that left him high and dry and a foot out of his ground. A simple gather and stumping for Haider and the slow walk back to the dressing room showed how unhappy a bunny Borren is.

With only Doram and Bukhari as at least partially recognised batsman standing between a deserved victory by the UAE, we could see this game closed out today. The Dutch only have themselves to blame. Once again they are refusing to play the game according to conditions. This can only lead to more talk and dissatisfaction with both Peter Borren's captaincy and Dutch coach Rick Adam's managing of the team. It has been a negative start to the campaign and their will be pressure for changes should this game go the way it is heading. The Dutch look short of answers and out of depth.

20170206122909_1.jpg

20170206122916_1.jpg

20170206122919_1.jpg

Highlights and lowlights!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46200

Dutch Capitulation (Effectively 40 for 7) As UAE Get Ready For The Kill

A dreadful batting session saw the Dutch slump from a positive start as the pressure of the situation got to them. The Dutch started out in a forthright manner to work away their 75 run deficit and looked to be going well as both Ahmed and Myburg scored freely. Ahmed was unlucky after he inside edged onto his stumps from a Javed full ball which sat up to be driven.

Myburg
quickly followed with a tame and lackluster backfoot drive that was too close to the body, nicking behind to wicketkeepr Haider. Swart followed suit after nicking a drive to second slip. Both Cooper and van der Merwe added some stability in the middle order. Cooper was clean bowled by a inswinger, playing completely down the wrong line.

Barresi then succumbed to the spin of Raza as his shoddy footwork had him tangled and nowhere to go straight in front. Raza put the icing on the cake as he clean bowled van der Merwe as he missed the doosra. Van der Merwe would have been looking to redeem his rather poor bowling display with a good knock: alas.

The sight of Peter Borren coming out even before 30 overs have been bowled is not a good sign for the Dutch but he is no mug with the bat as he has shown but even he couldnt get above the madness as he needlessly attacked a Raza dipper that left him high and dry and a foot out of his ground. A simple gather and stumping for Haider and the slow walk back to the dressing room showed how unhappy a bunny Borren is.

With only Doram and Bukhari as at least partially recognised batsman standing between a deserved victory by the UAE, we could see this game closed out today. The Dutch only have themselves to blame. Once again they are refusing to play the game according to conditions. This can only lead to more talk and dissatisfaction with both Peter Borren's captaincy and Dutch coach Rick Adam's managing of the team. It has been a negative start to the campaign and their will be pressure for changes should this game go the way it is heading. The Dutch look short of answers and out of depth.

View attachment 181708

View attachment 181709

View attachment 181707

Highlights and lowlights!

Don't think they'll bat deep This one has people heading towards the exits. Next time maybe.

D

Dutch

Over and out As Dutch Disintegrate in Desert! UAE Emphatic Victors as Dutch Batting Crisis Deepens

The UAE one inside three days as they beat The Netherlands by nine wickets. The first innings reflected a match in which both teams showed they could hold their own. The second innings showed that the Dutch have a vast amount of work to do. Carrying on after tea the UAE quickly got rid of any resistance the tail could muster and went about methodically and efficiently gathering the 75 runs needed for victory. Bad light saw the umpires not using the extra half an hour at the end of the third day. This meant everyone had to come back the next morning to see the UAE get the necessary 10 runs in a short four over session. This way of treating the supporters lead to wide protests and the ICC have promised to look into the matter. However this should not take anything away from a strong UAE performance. they did what they set out to do and did it well. The Dutch batting maybe flimsy but the UAE bowled tight and sharp and went through the Dutch top-order like a knife. The Dutch have a lot to think about once again. They play against the USA in Amstelveen next. Peter Borren is a likeable chap but likeable doesn't win you cricket matches. The pressure grows.

20170206213000_1.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1486467401][/DOUBLEPOST]ICC World First Class League Division One Round Two Matches

20170206213131_1.jpg
20170206213142_1.jpg
20170206213150_1.jpg
20170206213157_1.jpg
20170206213000_1.jpg

D

Dutch

Unfortunately the whole points system is not working as it should and I have no way to reset that: I will need to go about reassigning points and making my own tables which to be honest is a right pain in the Gordon Ramsey.

D

Dutch

I am going to have to put this story on hold as it is a bit frustrating that the whole points and stats system isn't right: and I just don't have the inclination to work out all those points myself: plus the simmed games are coming up 95 procent drawn matches. Something isnt quite working somewhere and if I can figure it I will remedy it and start a new league...... I hope that a future fix will remedy that.......

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
pity @Dutch.

hopefully these remaining issues get ironed out soon enough. having finally eliminated my issues yesterday i'm back enjoying the game and hoping to kick off some stories soon.

D

Dutch

pity @Dutch.

hopefully these remaining issues get ironed out soon enough. having finally eliminated my issues yesterday i'm back enjoying the game and hoping to kick off some stories soon.
Yeah I am loving doing the stories and playing the games but it is just too much hassle to do all the points and leagues myself although I might decide to do that anyway. I just want the darn thing to work!

D

Dutch

Gospel Crickets....and why not?

D

Dutch

You go girl......(Music by Dutch)

Users who are viewing this thread