Story ICC ODI Fiji v Hong Kong: Live last 15 overs Hong Kong innings....

D

Dutch

As the points systems are now working and the game is especially good in longer formats, I have decided to restart my story based around a fictional four day international setup. I will be playing as The Netherlands and simulating the other leagues. I will simulate each round of games after I play my own game with The Netherlands. There will be round-ups and match reports, interviews, videos and dancing girls. I have no time frame of when to play each game but hope to have a full set of reports and interviews and articles once a week.....hope you enjoy it and stick around as things progress. The first thing up will be a preview of each league and the points system being introduced. Frist of all lets have a basic look at the teams involved:

The ICC announced a radical shake-up of the current international cricket competitions: since many countries are not able to host successful test series and the fact that many test matches are not going the full distance of five days, a new three tier four day league system has been divised both to enable much more competition and to enthuse more people to longer forms of the game.

There will be three leagues: the first divison will be the current test-playing nations, the second league the asscociate members and other teams and the third league will consist of lower tier teams.

Each league will run as a four-day league, enabling the top four finishers in each league to play final matches to determine the final league placings. Two teams will be relegated and promoted from each league.

The ICC hopes that this will offer an attractive alternative to short-ball cricket and bring cricket to a wider audience. Competition will enable lower ranked nations to develop cricket in their respective countries and benefit from the televison deals that have been made.

ICC First Class World League Premier Division

20170506215054_1.jpg

ICC First Class World League Division One

20170506214908_1.jpg

ICC First Class World League Division Two

20170506214749_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I started something similar, admittedly with just the one division but pitched the idea of divisions like this on my blog. This is how world cricket should be, with divisions, relegation and promotion and the opportunity for Argentina to potentially play Australia.

Good luck and I Look forward to seeing how it goes.

D

Dutch

I started something similar, admittedly with just the one division but pitched the idea of divisions like this on my blog. This is how world cricket should be, with divisions, relegation and promotion and the opportunity for Argentina to potentially play Australia.

Good luck and I Look forward to seeing how it goes.
Yeah I vouched for multiple league comps in the beta group: that would be bloody marvelous! Thanks for your support! Nice blog by the way: had a look!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I effectively have this System in my Online League , but I`m afraid its still a far way off for this feature to be implemented in the Online scene...

D

Dutch

World League Preview

As the inaugural ICC First Class World League is about to get underway lets look at how the competition has been set up, the points system and the different leagues. Due to the massive interest shown by various TV organizations the ICC has managed to ensure that there will be adequate funding and resources to allow the competition to run over a period of two consecutive years with an evaluation after that time to determine the future of the event.

All member countries have signed up for the initiative and both domestic and other international commitments have been reorganized to allow for the many matches to take place. As countries will be needing to do a lot of travelling the timeframe of two years allows for enough space to fit in the matches and to allow teams to prepare well ahead of and after matches that may take part over great distances.

The participating countries will receive funds from the ICC to cover all travelling, training, accommodation and player and team member salaries during the run of the competition. The richer nation states in a massive breakthrough have committed themselves to providing extra funding to poorer nations to ensure the running costs of the league. They have also agreed to cut back on other events such as One Day and Twenty20 competitions to ensure enough time and resources are given to the World League.

Sky Television, one of the main sponsors, has signed a multi-billion deal for the television rights and a spokesman said: "The competition falls exactly at the right time for us as we see an increasing decline in viewing figures for shorter forms of the game. the public no longer wants to see the mercenary nature of bash bang wallop cricket but longs for the return to longer formats of the game wherein the subtleties and intricacies of cricket come to the foreground, wherein player skill is much more of a determining factor. We are very much looking forward to working with the ICC and we have had a very positive response from the participating countries and are sure it will be both a financial and sporting success."

The competition is based on a league format with each country facing each other twice, home and away. At the end of the season the first four teams will play in a semi-final and final to determine the league winners and the two promoted teams. It was felt that basing the league outcomes on final matches will bring an added element of sudden death to the competition. A team could finish the season on first place in the league and still not be promoted. This will bring further suspense and attraction to the closing stages of the leagues. As far as relegation is concerned, the two bottom teams will automatically drop out of the division they are in.

The points system: wins will be rewarded with 5 points, draws with 3 points. A first innings lead during a draw or loss will be rewarded with one point. There are 6 batting bonus points per innings on offer: 240 plus runs in an innings, 275 runs plus in an innings and 315 plus runs in an innings. Bonus points are available as well for bowling: 5 plus wickets, 8 plus wickets and 10 wickets will be given 2 points each respectively. There are a lot of points on offer for those teams willing to show assertive cricket and will ensure that teams are able to gather points even if they are faced with losses, making the competition tighter.

The competition will be getting away soon and we will have a quick preview of the various matches taking place around the world during the inaugural week of competition. We will be focusing more heavily on The Netherlands as they look forward to their first match at home to Canada. The ground at Amstelveen is looking lovely and there has been a lot of interest show for this first match. No one could have thought that the public would be so gripped with four day international cricket but that is what is happening and we will be there every step of the way to bring you coverage of this exciting new future for cricket.

D

Dutch

The Netherlands First Game In World League: Versus Canada at Amstelveen
The Netherlands will start their World League Division One match against Canada at the picturesque Amstelveen ground starting this Friday. The pitch is suspected to be dry and offer spin particularly on the last two days, and the outfield sluggish after quite a lot of rain over the last few weeks. But sunnier days are expected during the weekend, making batting a more enjoyable prospect although the Amstelveen pitch will offer opportunities for spin bowlers in the later stages of the game as the pitch crumbles.

The Dutch have traditionally bowled well at home but have struggled to put on imposing batting targets. In an attempt to strengthen the lineup opener Rahil Ahmed makes way for Micheal Swart who has a good opening part of he domestic season knocking up two fifties and a quick fire 86 in has last three matches. Ashan Malik offers good pace alongside Timm van der Gugten with Bukhari and van Meerkeren offering plenty of options for the pace attack for captain Peter Borren. Roeloff van der Merwe and Max Dow'd bring good spinning options to the table as well and will likely see themselves turning over plenty of overs.

The Canadians will be hoping to get their season off to a good start. They come off the back off an innings victory over Cambridge University in a warm up game last week to prepare for the European leg of their games although the rain affected match will leave them a little short of bowling practice as he Cambridge side collapsed heavily in their second innings. Captain Nitish Kumar brings a full strength squad to the match. this one is hard to call but The Netherlands will feel confident at home: our prediction a Netherlands win as long as the batting stands up!

20170508201745_1.jpg

D

Dutch

While we patiently wait for the World League games to begin we can focus om some of the other top matches taking place this coming weekend.

As you know the games all kick off around the world on the Friday morning at 11 am and will go on till Monday, depending of course on how the matches unfold.

Around the world at different times a total of 34 different cricketing nations will embark on the most ambitious cricket league ever seen and perhaps the most ambitious single sporting feature ever.

The Premier Division sees the test playing nations meeting each other: a fascinating prospect is the meeting of New Zealand and Australia in Wellington and a cracker of a games as South Africa entertain England at a boisterous Newlands.

Interesting in Division One will be The Netherlands clash with Canada and Afghanistan's meeting with Oman in front of their fanatical but friendly home crowd.

In Division Two the wonderful world of World League cricket brings the likes of Argentina and Honk Kong and Denmark and Nigeria together. Who would of thought it was possible.

Well join us later this week as we face the first ball of an exciting time in cricket whereby the joy in longer formats of the game is finally reaching the appreciative masses.

World League Premier Division fixtures week 1

20170509002344_1.jpg
20170509002353_1.jpg

World League Division One fixtures week 1

20170509002431_1.jpg
20170509002434_1.jpg

World League Division Two fixtures week 1

20170509002406_1.jpg
20170509002412_1.jpg

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Good effort by everyone, i wish we see promotion and relegation division tournaments in future verions of DBC.

D

Dutch

So going to try and revise this thread: testing a Twitch Stream....new to this so hold your pants up!

Twitch

okay so that is pretty easy to set up and nice to do: might stream some of these games....

D

Dutch

Having been 88 for five Argentina will be pretty happy with the total....they just didn't manage to bat out their overs but it is a competitive total....a number of batsman got in but couldn't push on...good knock from Baltus who got the score up to something worth having a bowl at.

Malik and Bukhari were expensive....i can recommend bowling with close bowling camera and no hud: makes bowling a tight line much more of a challenge!

20170701163145_1.jpg
20170701163149_1.jpg

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Having been 88 for five Argentina will be pretty happy with the total....they just didn't manage to bat out their overs but it is a competitive total....a number of batsman got in but couldn't push on...good knock from Baltus who got the score up to something worth having a bowl at.

Malik and Bukhari were expensive....i can recommend bowling with close bowling camera and no hud: makes bowling a tight line much more of a challenge!

View attachment 192730 View attachment 192731
Did you went offline? Will the second innings will be after a break?

Users who are viewing this thread