Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW submitted a new blog post

ICC Pro Cricket 2015 to release for the World Cup

Update:
Thanks to IGN we have a little bit more information, confirming that there's no multiplayer in the game and giving us the following new screenshot

The official announcement came at a press conference at the SCG, featuring Harsha Bhogle and Brett Lee:
.@Brettlee_58 tries his hand at [HASHTAG]#ICCProCricket2015[/HASHTAG] the Official Video Game of ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 @SCG pic.twitter.com/5A4tuU5eDf
— @ProCricket2015 (@procricket2015) February 6, 2015

Original Article follows:

Yet to be officially announced, PlanetCricket received a tip regarding the upcoming release of ICC Pro Cricket 2015, an officially licensed World Cup 2015 game coming soon to PC, Android and iOS. Detail is limited at this stage, but given the short time remaining until the tournament commences, it's likely that the game will officially launch soon.

Known at this stage is the price on PC of ₹299/US$9.99, which makes it very similar to the last World Cup where we got Cricket Power, a slightly updated version of Cricket Revolution.

A gif on their website offers the only real glimpse at gameplay, with it showing a pitch marker based batting and bowling system, which should mean keyboard controls on the PC version of the game.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

onkar

Club Captain
I worry about gamepaly and difficulty
indiagames other games are just userfriengly
can hit any ball six... same strategy to get wicket...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What good bits? :p

I wonder if it'll be better than Ashes Cricket 13?

Westindies

Club Captain
why on earth DBC 14 had no such opening, shame that this stone age game gets this much hype( lee, bhogle etc...)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I wonder if it'll be better than Ashes Cricket 13?
I'd imagine they've basically just scaled up their previous mobile games - so it'll be functional but not a deep experience. Not having multiplayer is a really big point against it, looks like they just made a phone game and then just put it on PC because they can, without much work to make it a more in depth experience than on a phone.

It won't take much to be better than Cricket Power - which was a World Cup game you could only play 10 over matches in and you couldn't play after the end of the year - but the only real argument in its favour will be the price. If it's open enough to do some modding and you can play more than just ODI matches, then maybe it will find a separate market from DBC.

If I were Big Ant, I'd be moving Table Top Cricket forward and pricing it identically to this game.

B

Bigby Wolf

There will be a P.S. after this is released.:D
Don’t buy it, just download a World Cup patch for Cricket 07 instead.
:D:D:thumbs

mav77mortal

Game Developer
I'd imagine they've basically just scaled up their previous mobile games - so it'll be functional but not a deep experience. Not having multiplayer is a really big point against it, looks like they just made a phone game and then just put it on PC because they can, without much work to make it a more in depth experience than on a phone.

It won't take much to be better than Cricket Power - which was a World Cup game you could only play 10 over matches in and you couldn't play after the end of the year - but the only real argument in its favour will be the price. If it's open enough to do some modding and you can play more than just ODI matches, then maybe it will find a separate market from DBC.

If I were Big Ant, I'd be moving Table Top Cricket forward and pricing it identically to this game.

The screens look good. No denying it. But I very much doubt that they can translate the same level of polygon detail on the phones. We will wait and see.
In anycase, where there's a goliath - there's a david ;) i.e. Us!
Real Cricket 14: will be getting a World Cup update across iOS and Android in the next 10 days and Real Cricket 15 is work in progress and will be released before RC 14's anniversary.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The screens look good. No denying it. But I very much doubt that they can translate the same level of polygon detail on the phones. We will wait and see.
In anycase, where there's a goliath - there's a david ;) i.e. Us!
Real Cricket 14: will be getting a World Cup update across iOS and Android in the next 10 days and Real Cricket 15 is work in progress and will be released before RC 14's anniversary.
The bigger question would be how your game looks on PC? I've been wanting to give it a shot but I have no Android or iOS devices.

mav77mortal

Game Developer
The bigger question would be how your game looks on PC? I've been wanting to give it a shot but I have no Android or iOS devices.
Our target wasn't and isn't the PC. So quite honestly, I don't know myself! Our game is built for the mobiles and tablets. We have some really fanatic users on the Android and iOS platform and we just believe in striving and giving them all that they could want and enjoy.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

Surely those screens are *from* the mobile version? I can't see PC having that control setup (the UI buttons on L/R)?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Also, did anyone else notice that the "Gif on their website" features a player bowling at a batsman, and then rushing down the other end to play a shot at it? :)

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
This game is only encash the world cup fever... i doubt they release any kind of update after world cup ends or rush to bugfix... it is like jackpot, if you buy and game is up to the standard equal to that money is good or you just wasted your money and time...

Users who are viewing this thread