ICC Probing matches for fixing

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Times of India said:
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has carried out a scrutiny of the Australia and Zimbabwe World Cup match played in Ahmedabad after Australian openers, Shane Watson and Brad Haddin batted slowly in the first 10 overs.

Read the rest of the article here

Seems like they really wanna crack down on fixing during this Cup. Especially after what happened recently in England.

Last edited:

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's good that they're taking spot-fixing seriouly now - any irregular pattern will now be investigated.

Having said that, I don't think there's anything fishy on what Watto and Haddin did.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No one will touch India's matches. As much as I enjoyed India vs England's recent tie, the pattern of the game was too similar. I exactly knew when India would stage their comeback while bowling, when England will stage a counter fightback and the game going down to the last over.

Was it a game to make the World Cup more interesting? A classic game involving India always triggers even more eyeballs. Not saying it was fixed and all, but it could be a game that might be investigated.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
after Australian openers, Shane Watson and Brad Haddin batted slowly in the first 10 overs.
When you know you can win easily, isn't getting some time in the middle the best idea, especially with the poor performances in the warm ups?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
When you know you can win easily, isn't getting some time in the middle the best idea, especially with the poor performances in the warm ups?

I forgot to add quote wraps around it. Its a statement in the article itself.

Personally, I do agree with your point above. Big teams tend to take the smaller ones lightly ,as we have seen in the last World Cup-courtesy India and Pakistan. Given what happened in the warm-ups it was logical of Australia to take things slowly.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No one will touch India's matches. As much as I enjoyed India vs England's recent tie, the pattern of the game was too similar. I exactly knew when India would stage their comeback while bowling, when England will stage a counter fightback and the game going down to the last over.

Was it a game to make the World Cup more interesting? A classic game involving India always triggers even more eyeballs. Not saying it was fixed and all, but it could be a game that might be investigated.
The fact that match ended in a tie suggests that it wasn't fixed. It is impossibly difficult to fix a match to that degree without all the players and even the umpires buying in.

ksduded

Club Cricketer

if that game was fixed, I would want to give oscars to all the 22 players and both umpires and match officials....

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Talk about not giving credit to Zimbabwe and failing to see Australia's struggles with spin. Anyway they won't find anything but at least they are taking this stuff more seriously.

As for the Warne thing, now that is a joke. I know a member on another forum that predicted a tie I guess he too should come under investigation...

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Maybe ICC should call all those Statisticians again to work out the probability of Warn'e prediction. ;)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Lol, I was just waiting for the Pakistanis to start playing the victim card. Now everytime there is something even slightly untoward they will say, "Oh if Pakistan did that, everybody will say it was match fixing."

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No ! Its just the fact that Pakistani players are not allowed to use Twitter.:p The former players are lashing out against their board cause of that.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Lol, I was just waiting for the Pakistanis to start playing the victim card. Now everytime there is something even slightly untoward they will say, "Oh if Pakistan did that, everybody will say it was match fixing."
My statement was only in good fun. Personally I don't think that match was fixed and it was just a fluke from Warne. A tie match is a no win situation for bookies.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
My statement was only in good fun. Personally I don't think that match was fixed and it was just a fluke from Warne. A tie match is a no win situation for bookies.

Wasn't talking about you. I know you're pretty sensible :p. I was talking about the ex-Pakistani cricketers in that article posted in this thread.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^Talking of that Ijaz butt yesterday called for Shane Warne to be hanged from his feet :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread