ICC World T20 2010 - West Indies

Which team could win the ICC World T20 2010 in West Indies?

• Pakistan

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • South Africa

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • West Indies

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • England

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • India

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Associate Nation

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Yeah that's correct, last night his last over ruined what was an 'OK' night. Shaun Tait has also been disappointing. Whoever comes out of the IPL with the better form will probably make the XI I'd say. Lee has some brownie points like extra batting and fielding, but Tait has more pace these days and they might be reluctant to rush Lee straight back in.

I'll predict, Tait gets one game and if he sprays it around then Lee to come in for the 2nd.

P

pcfan123

Tait has proven this IPL why he will not be coming back with the national side in 2011. The guy is awful unless the wickets are quick, with the Caribbean being slow and low these days, Id play Lee over him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Tait was going well until the last few matches. Was a few matches where he was under 30 runs for the 4 overs and taking 2 to 3 wickets a game.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It doesn't matter how Lee has performed in the IPL, when he plays for Australia he will be as good as ever.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Tait has proven this IPL why he will not be coming back with the national side in 2011. The guy is awful unless the wickets are quick, with the Caribbean being slow and low these days, Id play Lee over him.

Yeah I see the reasoning. I think Tait's hit and miss regardless, throwing in different wicket conditions - well who the hell knows what you're gonna get :D

But he did do well in the '07 World Cup, so hopefully Taity gets the same vibe as he had from that tour.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Tait was going well until the last few matches. Was a few matches where he was under 30 runs for the 4 overs and taking 2 to 3 wickets a game.

Yea Tait has blown hot & cold in the IPL. Some games he has been brilliant & some her has been poor/average.

One thing i'd say is that AUS shouldn't give him the new-ball in the windies. I reckon he would be best used bowling in the middle-overs & death.

War

Chairman of Selectors
If he got his swing back he would be lethal with the new ball but that seems to have disappeared.

I reckon he still has that swing. Its just that he is too eratic at the best of times. Those first 6 overs in a T20 is important for a fielding side, need two new-ball bowlers you can depend on 90%+ of the time & thats not Taity.

War added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Harris, Bollinger and McKay all not in our World T20 squad. :(

Dont think McKay would make an effective T20 bowler at all to be honest.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Not selecting Bollinger must be the worst decision.... Also he might just be added to the side as Lee has again injured himself!! He has a fracture!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
McKay seems to get the job done, hardly ever see him getting smashed like Tait and Lee. Bollinger has fallen off since his debut match. Not bringing Harris is probably the one they will regret, would have been worth having him over Paine since the selectors want Lee and its worth a punt whereas I don't see the need for Paine as worst case we get Mike Hussey to keep.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't think Bollinger is particularly good at T20, but his pace and bounce can destroy players who lack good footwork or press forward too much. In some sense it is bowlers like that that make international cricket that leap above for first class bullies, but by the same token, you expect better from established batsmen at the same level.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Haven't seen Bollinger bowling but if his pace is under 140km/h, that would be the main reason hes struggling. He should be in the mid 140s, he can survive below that but pace in Test but its a lot harder when the batters are going after you.

Users who are viewing this thread