ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bangladesh prepared spinning tracks to suit their left armers and give them some advantage but in the process they have made Indian bowling appear great and masked the shortcomings of batsman. Ball is not bouncing high thus short ball tactic wont work easily against the batters and India have more than enough decent spinners to tie other teams down. On top of that if other teams decide to play more spinners to use the pitch it would again work in India's favour because unless you are Ajmal, spin doesnt really bother them. They can milk spinners whole day. So Indians should be thanking Bangladesh for providing them home advantage. :cheers

Its not that simple. I don't see other teams having as big a impact as Indian spinners. I'd put this down to Indian spinners actually bowling well. This article talks about it well

India v West Indies, World T20, Group 2, Mirpur : Amit Mishra, Bhuvneshwar Kumar head bowlers improvement | Cricket News | World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Our bowlers did brilliantly against sides that either play spin very well (e.g. Pakistan) or against a side that has plenty amount of IPL experience and have played our bowlers long enough in recent times in the IPL. WI are T20 champions, and have a big presence in IPL cricket. They know us like the back of their hands.

We are still fielding pretty sloppy, but if our bowlers can keep this up, we might be the team to beat this tournament.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont rate Pakistani batsman really good against spin even if they are from sub continent. They may have technique but none of them have temperament to play spin. They panic and give into pressure in big matches. That is why our spinners were so effective against them. I'm not taking any credit away from them though. They have bowled brilliantly.
Other teams wont have as much impact as Indians is because all Indian players have grown up playing spin better than opposition can offer. We even make mockery of Murali and Warne most of the time, so i doubt any of the teams can offer anything better. But the problem is that they cannot stick to their old tactics of bowling short of good length with frequent bouncers to get us out because their is not enough bounce in the pitch, there is some swing and for that they have to pitch it up. That is not natural for a lot of attacking Aussie or English bowlers thus they would end up bowling half volleys.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Its not that simple. I don't see other teams having as big a impact as Indian spinners. I'd put this down to Indian spinners actually bowling well. This article talks about it well

India v West Indies, World T20, Group 2, Mirpur : Amit Mishra, Bhuvneshwar Kumar head bowlers improvement | Cricket News | World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Our bowlers did brilliantly against sides that either play spin very well (e.g. Pakistan) or against a side that has plenty amount of IPL experience and have played our bowlers long enough in recent times in the IPL. WI are T20 champions, and have a big presence in IPL cricket. They know us like the back of their hands.

We are still fielding pretty sloppy, but if our bowlers can keep this up, we might be the team to beat this tournament.

I would expect & think PAK spinner would have a similar impact to INDs - especially if PAK bat like they did today consistently from now on. The Windies yea they may know IND players well & their weakness from playing in IPL a lot - but i don't believe they have the mental skill set to beat IND, even if talent wise they tend to look better. And, I think IND in recent years across all formats pretty much know how to beat windies for reasons Raina stated before the game.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Rahane does come in, surely he doesn't have the efficiency in scoring to bat at 5?

Rahane can open while Rohit would be more than happy to bat at #5 . Most of his runs in T20 has come in the middle order.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rohit is doing quite good in opening position so i will definitely like to give binny a game with batting order as follows

Rohit
Dhawan
Virat
Raina
Dhoni
Binny
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Mishra
Shami

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just seen the Amla dismissal :lol how unfortunate.

PokerAce

Banned
Honestly I am super excited to watch Holland play tonight. If they bring 70% of the game they brought against Ireland, SL would have a tough one on their hands.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Honestly I am super excited to watch Holland play tonight. If they bring 70% of the game they brought against Ireland, SL would have a tough one on their hands.

I think it was a once in a lifetime kind of performance and besides that, repeating that kind of performance against the likes of Malinga, Mendis and Senanayake is a far more challenging than doing it against Irish bowlers.

PokerAce

Banned
I think it was a once in a lifetime kind of performance and besides that, repeating that kind of performance against the likes of Malinga, Mendis and Senanayake is a far more challenging than doing it against Irish bowlers.

Ofcourse, but its hard not be excited at the prospect of watching exciting underdogs take the field, who broke all kinds of heavyweight batting records in their last performance.

----------

On a side note, what is with so many nations changing their jersey colours.

Australia used to be Yellow and are now totally green, England used to be Blue and are now, Red. Looking at this SA jersey it seems to be more Yellow and than their traditional Green. Its more like the Yellow and Green Australia wore back in the days and less the SA green of the past.

Also the Kiwis they used to turn out in Grey and Sky Blue, and they have now gone to totally black and dark blue, although theirs is the most understandble as all Kiwi teams in diff sports wear black. Also India used to be Sky Blue and Yellow and they have switched to Dark Blue and orange.

ferg512

International Coach
Wow this is looking like a massive choke from us. 31 off 4 overs with 7 wickets in hand and we probably won't get it :facepalm

ferg512

International Coach
Well bowled Steyn but wow what a pathetic choke from us. Absolutely appaling the way everyone batted around Taylor at the end, really makes you wonder what the game plan was.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well bowled Steyn but wow what a pathetic choke from us. Absolutely appaling the way everyone batted around Taylor at the end, really makes you wonder what the game plan was.

Its an interesting one, I didn't think the shots Munroe/Anderson/Ronchi/McCullum played were really "appalling" TBF - just think it was one of those games where the bowling side, bowled well at the death & the batsmen were forced to try and hit good balls, which is never an easy task. Only M Morkel really bowled poorly.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looks like the chokers became the 'chokees' (?). Maybe this is a new beginning for SAF :P OFcourse, this was not exactly a do or die game, so cannot be sure about it

----------

Rohit is doing quite good in opening position so i will definitely like to give binny a game with batting order as follows

Since when ?

Rohit is kind of 'terrible' as an opener. He hogs the strike, doesn't take singles, frustrates his opening partner, and tries to hit his way out of trouble most of the times. Some times it comes off, but usually he just 'throws it away'

Plus his record in T20s is much better at no.4 or 5

And I don't think Binny's 120k deliveries will help our case in any way. Rahane at no.1 with Rohit in place of Yuvraj would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread