India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Gayle playing a Rohit-esque innings here - 5 from 15

--

Not sure what BD are playing at. Smith is smashing the bowlers, and still no sigh of Shakib

Last edited:

mazd

International Cricketer
How bad is the captaincy by the bangladeshi captain?
On the scale of 10?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
How bad is the captaincy by the bangladeshi captain?
On the scale of 10?

I am only sneaking glances at the game (At work), so cant judge. But the decision to hold back Shakib was poor IMO. His first over, he gets a wicket and gives away only 5 runs while the rest of the company is getting hit for 8-10 an over.

PS: Fielding has been atrocious. Second time a single has been turned into a boundary

Last edited:

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I count it as about 26 runs given away by poor fielding (inc 8 byes that went through the legs. If you had in the rest of the extras then it jumps to 37.

Without those then they would be chasing 134 rather than 171.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I don't want to be mean, but WIndies innings was terrible to watch.

BD were awful in the field, very mediocre with the ball and gave away 19 extras. That is the difference between a RRR of 7.55 and 8.55

And despite all this, BD did fairly well to keep it down to 171. Ofcourse, WIndies were equally poor. They are a team full of sloggers from no.1 to no.8. Any other top team would have scored 190-200 if the opposition gives them 19 extras and a bucketful of drops and misfields

BD can actually pull this off if they are sensible (LOL ??) and can tackle Narine successfully without much damage

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I sense a close match. WI will be the favourites cause of their spin attack. And the wickets in BD seem to have gotten slower especially during the evening games.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I count it as about 26 runs given away by poor fielding (inc 8 byes that went through the legs. If you had in the rest of the extras then it jumps to 37.

Without those then they would be chasing 134 rather than 171.

Bang on target there but WI too returned the favor by giving the wickets away and not scoring many in the last couple of overs of the match. We could have got at least 10-15 more than what we ended up scoring. That said, 171 is a good score and I will be gutted if we fail to defend such a score against Bangladesh.

triniboycolin

Club Cricketer
I don't want to be mean, but WIndies innings was terrible to watch.

BD were awful in the field, very mediocre with the ball and gave away 19 extras. That is the difference between a RRR of 7.55 and 8.55

And despite all this, BD did fairly well to keep it down to 171. Ofcourse, WIndies were equally poor. They are a team full of sloggers from no.1 to no.8. Any other top team would have scored 190-200 if the opposition gives them 19 extras and a bucketful of drops and misfields

BD can actually pull this off if they are sensible (LOL ??) and can tackle Narine successfully without much damage
so that was slogging by gayle and smith smh just jealous wi are too powerful

Ussaid

School Cricketer
Now now don't be so harsh on WI. They do deserve credit for giving a bengali bowler a hat-trick chance.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
so that was slogging by gayle and smith smh just jealous wi are too powerful

LOL. Jealous ? I am sorry if my comments hurt your feelers.

Gayle tried slogging in the later half of his innings but failed. Smith played a few good stokes against the spinners, but a lot of slog hits too.
Even in the game against India, every batsman was just trying to hit and slog it out instead of playing sensibly. The number of play and misses against Mishra and Kumar are proof of that.

Users who are viewing this thread