ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'll tip the Irish over Zimbabwe.

My problem with Ireland is their utterly awful showing in West Indies. On slow, sluggish, spinning tracks, their laid a total goose egg in the domestic 50/50 tournament that just took place there. I'm not sure they're ready to dominate on this kind of track.

----------

TGambhir might be a fair candidate for a comeback though. He has shown fairly decent form in Ranji Trophy. Top scorer for Delhi with 1 century and 3 halfs. His case is strong mainly because of experience though, because quite a few other batsmen did much better than him overall.

Gambhir also has a tendency to perform in the clutch. He seems to have that mental makeup of a guy who craves the big matches and usually does well. I'm a bit of a Gambhir fan, and so I might be seeing something that others don't. I wish I could find some definitive stats, but remember it was Gambhir who top scored the last two times we won a world cup.

scratch978

Club Captain
I think Australia will win this time
No way (at least in spinning tracks)...
Either West Indies or India

----------

I like it. Just that Jadeja should be in, in place of Rohit Sharma. And, Aaron can come in place of Kumar if he goes for runs in initial matches.
Jadeja can come in for Raina. Keeping Rohit out (instead of Raina) may prove costly.
So my new team would be,

1. Shikhar Dhawan
  2. Ajinkya Rahane
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Rohit Sharma
  6. MS Dhoni [Wk] [C]
  7. R Jadeja
  8. Ravichandran Ashwin
  9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
  10. Mohammed Shami
  11. Amit Mishra

basappa

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who will Win T20

I don't think India will win... This bloddy man from Chennai might have fixed it with his chap Captain of his team

No way (at least in spinning tracks)...
Either West Indies or India

----------

Jadeja can come in for Raina. Keeping Rohit out (instead of Raina) may prove costly.
So my new team would be,

1. Shikhar Dhawan
  2. Ajinkya Rahane
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Rohit Sharma
  6. MS Dhoni [Wk] [C]
  7. R Jadeja
  8. Ravichandran Ashwin
  9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
  10. Mohammed Shami
  11. Amit Mishra

scratch978

Club Captain
I don't think India will win... This bloddy man from Chennai might have fixed it with his chap Captain of his team

Please don't believe on the accusations put by media (Zee News, who leaked out the report), unless it's proved. If anyone's done wrong, he will get same treatment like Mohammad Azharuddin.

Also, this is the same media who said that Sachin Tendulkar was involved in fixing (1999-2000) and later demanded Bharat Ratna for him.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Rohit deserves to go. What has he done since the double ton versus Australia ? Nothing. And this man still gets a chance to represent India.

Look at a Sehwag whose mere name can send shivers down the opposition's spine.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The format for this thing is awful. Why not just have four groups of four: top two go though to quarter finals etc. It'd give the smaller teams a chance to actually play the bigger teams which they don't get the chance to do. Cricket seems to be the only sport that has the snobbery against the developing nations; even in other tournaments where they have top teams auto qualify; the teams that have to qualify at least know that they're getting a fair crack instead of flying all the way to Bangladesh to potentially get knocked out in a qualifying round for a competition that they've already earned their way into...

What I'm saying is that to me: India playing Nepal would be much more interesting than yet another game against the West Indies...

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Worcestershire too good:

Numbers from Twenty20 warm-up game against Worcestershire today. In Abu Dhabi.

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bat.

Scored 52 all out from 15 overs (TA Boult 3-1-2-3, NL McCullum 4-1-12-2, CJ Anderson 2-0-14-2)

New Zealand 53 for 1 in 5 overs (MJ Guptill 29, A Devcich 14*, BB McCullum 9*)

New Zealand won by 9 wickets

Continued to bat the remaining part of the innings and scored 194 for 7 from 20 overs (BB McCullum 51, C Munro 47, MJ Guptill 29)

scratch978

Club Captain
With about 1 week for T 20 World Cup 2014 to start, I find that there is not much excitement with the members of the forum...:noway

I wish that everyone will be on this thread from next week. :wave

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
^^ True

Infact warmups have already started for the teams that will play the qualifiers. Hong Kong almost on the verge of pulling off a win against Zimbabwe

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hong Kong almost on the verge of pulling off a win against Zimbabwe

Annnnnd Hong Kong have won via a 6 off the last ball, how embarrassing for Zimbabwe. I'm led to believe that they didn't field their 'strongest' bowlers although still that is no excuse.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If you observe the performances of Bangladesh and Ireland too are not that inspiring (warm ups). Honestly the qualification is anyone's game. Anyone can go through the next round.
Having said that, it would be terribly embarrassing for Bangladesh, if they were to lose to Afghanistan in the opener and be knocked out as a consequence.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It would be terribly embarrassing for Bangladesh, if they were to lose to Afghanistan in the opener and be knocked out as a consequence.

I've got a funny little feeling that this is precisely what is going to happen. Bangladesh aren't in a great place right now, having been winless since November, and Afghanistan had their number during the Asia Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread