ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

lion100lion

International Coach
I am loving how Pakistani fans think India is a clear winner and it is the other way around with Indians. Now that is something fresh going into an India-Pakistan encounter.
very True...
Indian fans :- hope for India winning but they know Pakistan will won.
Pakistan fans :- hope for Pakistan winning but they know India will win.

----------

Also,
I hope that all Indian and Pakistan members will be here tonight..:cheers

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Gutted for Ireland. I think they would have been the only side to have a chance in the Super 10. I'm glad we saw some good cricket, but the awful format has prevented the associates taking on the big team's, which is sometimes the best part of the tournament. The gap between test and associate teams might not be as big as we thought.

Great performance by the Dutch though.

War

Chairman of Selectors
What, so after a team breaks T20 batting records fighting to qualify and the day after Hong Kong beats Bangladesh; you're questioning the "merits" of the qualifiers? What a load of rubbish! No other international tournament for any sport makes teams that have qualified go through a second qualifying stage at the World Cup while other teams who didn't need to go straight into the second round! Ireland has beaten Pakistan once, and almost did it twice last year; and they've beaten England twice. I think they've shown that they can play with the full members when given the chance to!

The whole point of most world cups is revenue sharing; giving money from the teams at the top to those at the bottom. Its the way that it works in Rugby; while in cricket the big teams would be perfectly OK with an 8 team world cup without Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or any of the associates.

Ok clearly you misinterpreted me. When i said I'm having "2nd thoughts about the merits of these qualifiers" based on the Netherlands result today, I meant I'm now thinking these qualifiers idea by the ICC might not be so bad after all, even though it takes a while for the traditional nations to play their 1st game in the tournament.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Our fielding is so bad and this dropped catches might prove very costly at the end.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Ireland deserve to go out after that bowling display, well played the Saffer/Kiwi/Aussie/onceatesomeEdam XI.

Gutted but f*ck awful bowling!

Like watching Ireland, especially a few years ago, isn't it? :D

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
We are lucky that Pakistan batting is horrible because with our fielding today, we could have easily been chasing 20- 30 more runs.

grkrama

National Board President
i still think the pitch is tricky and has got good turn n bounce for spin, but if we play sensibly should be home, i think pak are 15-20 short but still this could be a tight contest.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan has an attack which can draw this game close. Dhawan might fall in the first over itself :p
Idea to bowl Yuvraj didn't really work out but then Pakistan didn't have a left hander so that Raina could come into the equation. Hopefully they'll have something to offer with the bat.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
In hindsight that Yuvraj over could cost us the game, even though I understood it at the time as neither Dhoni nor the fans trust the 2 seamers to bowl the 4 overs at the death and would prefer 1 of the 4 go to a spinner, in this case Jadeja.

lion100lion

International Coach
i still think the pitch is tricky and has got good turn n bounce for spin, but if we play sensibly should be home, i think pak are 15-20 short but still this could be a tight contest.
The real match is now going to start...... 1st innings was a contest between the weakness of two teams. Now b/w strengths of two teams.
INDIAN BATTING vs PAKISTAN BOWLING

----------

Pakistan has an attack which can draw this game close. Dhawan might fall in the first over itself
Idea to bowl Yuvraj didn't really work out but then Pakistan didn't have a left hander so that Raina could come into the equation. Hopefully they'll have something to offer with the bat.
With the turn and bounce here, I am a bit worried that Ajmal may cause serious problems.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think we can use Yuvraj better against non-subcontinent teams. Teams like Sri Lanka, Pakistan are always going to target him becuase there are always 2 or 3 bad balls coming in an over. I also think Umar Akmal plays Yuvraj very well, he played him very well in 2011 WC and also today.

lion100lion

International Coach
We are lucky that Pakistan batting is horrible because with our fielding today, we could have easily been chasing 20- 30 more runs.
Totally impressed with Raina's and Bhuvi's fielding.
Displeased with Yuvraj who just dropped a sitter. I mean a quality fielder can't do this...

----------

I think we can use Yuvraj better against non-subcontinent teams. Teams like Sri Lanka, Pakistan are always going to target him becuase there are always 2 or 3 bad balls coming in an over. I also think Umar Akmal plays Yuvraj very well, he played him very well in 2011 WC and also today.
Something tells me that Yuvraj has lost his confidence.
Bowling, fielding, batting.. he is not performing the way he used to perform in the World Cup 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread