ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Aussies seem favorites for match against us.I think Pak would back their bags if they lost tomorrow.Hopeless as a batting unit we are

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who else thought Senanayake's action looked very jerky today?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
England were a little unlucky in their match, I think. Duckworth-Lewis is in the rules though, and there isn't any other way of settle rain games so I won't complain too much; only that there is no game at Chittagong tomorrow so it would have been nice to have an ability to finish the game tomorrow. I know that TV is the reason that they won't do this; but I think that its a better option than a rain-shortened game!

I do think that 5 overs is a little short to call a result; I'd rather that they did it after 10 overs. The game would have been very interesting; New Zealand certainly weren't walking it!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Duckworth/Lewis just gets so skewed when you have it for T20 games and with so few overs having happened. I mean, we lost by 9 runs officially, yet NZ were 2 runs better off than we were in the comparison, when the game finished. I agree though, that there is no other way really. Just annoying for us when it could have been a good game and that with this format, another loss and we're probably out.

You'd think we'd learn how to deal with rain by now though. :D

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Way too short a game for D/L to decide the game. Should have just been declared a no-result and each team awarded a point for a draw. Pretty stupid to decide a match on just a few overs, really. Shame is it would have been a nice close match.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I can normally understand Umpires trying to stay out and make the game go as long as possible, but it was certainly surreal watching the ground surrounded by lightning and yet the players were still out there. If they'd gone off when that started (especially as it looked so close) I don't think anyone would have complained really. There is certainly a danger there that needs to be considered.

War

Chairman of Selectors
D/L doesn't work for T20, it been noted in past W-Cups and T20Is, any cricket game less than 20 overs a side shouldn't be played at international level. ICC allowing broadcasters too much power.

If rain falls in a T20 & can't be played, the best options are:

- restart on a new day
- continue on a new day from where they left
- call the game off & let the teams share points

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I was about to post this, till I saw this one.

I loved the little war of words between Raina and Sammy. I feel Raina has started thinking too far ahead after just one victory. But it does happen when India beats Pakistan (that too in WC games) that we get cock-a-hoop. We suddenly think we are indispensable, we know everyone's weakness, we are on top, etc.

Hope the rest of the team are not thinking like this. We need to do better tomorrow than our first game. We won due to poor Pakistan batting.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

I think what Raina said is true because except Dwayne Bravo, no one in that WI line-up likes to rotate the strike. That's why they haven't been much successful at ODI and test lately. However, in T20, it gets covered up by their big hitters. If they play 4 dot balls than they are also capable of hitting a six next ball to even it out. Also looking at India's bowling, it will be very hard for us to stop them.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I think what Raina said is true because except Dwayne Bravo, no one in that WI line-up likes to rotate the strike. That's why they haven't been much successful at ODI and test lately. However, in T20, it gets covered up by their big hitters. If they play 4 dot balls than they are also capable of hitting a six next ball to even it out. Also looking at India's bowling, it will be very hard for us to stop them.

Ye basically, its an area which makes the windies poor in ODIs & tests. But hitting quality spinners if they are bowling well is very difficult for even the best 6 hitters. I saw the windies struggle a bit facing PAK in a bilateral T20 series about 6 months ago - so Raina's word can certainly come to pass if Windies don't execute their game perfectly.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
England v New Zealand, World T20 Group 1, Chittagong : Broad aggrieved over lightning call | Cricket News | World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

What nonsense is Broad talking? To wait until rain arrived is a wrong thing to do for the umpires? Why would the umpires try to favor England by walking off when only lightning strikes? When did lightning become a major threat to the safety of the players? Did lightning strike them on their eyes or something? What is this absolute crap that Broad is talking about?

The umpires did the best thing waiting for the rain and then halting the game. England should have bowled well enough not to give those extra runs. Blaming the umpire for waiting till the rain came (and not leaving when the rain didn't come) is a pretty rubbish argument that an international captain gives.

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
England v New Zealand, World T20 Group 1, Chittagong : Broad aggrieved over lightning call | Cricket News | World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

What nonsense is Broad talking? To wait until rain arrived is a wrong thing to do for the umpires? Why would the umpires try to favor England by walking off when only lightning strikes? When did lightning become a major threat to the safety of the players? Did lightning strike them on their eyes or something? What is this absolute crap that Broad is talking about?

The umpires did the best thing waiting for the rain and then halting the game. England should have bowled well enough not to give those extra runs. Blaming the umpire for waiting till the rain came (and not leaving when the rain didn't come) is a pretty rubbish argument that an international captain gives.

You are absolutely correct. You are ICC president you should do something.:-P :-P

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Raina is quite correct but it is the exact opposite case with the Indian top order, particularly the openers. Coming to the match, I think Bhuvaneshwar's spell against Gayle will be crucial because the former has got the delivery that swings away from the left hander from just short of good length and that is one aspect where Gayle has consistently struggled. I think Amit Mishra and Jadeja will have a good match since we rated the left arm spinners too high and are not that great at playing the leg spinners so the chances are we might attack the seamers and Ashwin. Bowlingwise, I think it will be crucial for us that Narine picks up a few wickets and not let Indians just play his overs out. I expect a wicket or two from Dwayne Bravo on the slower deliveries and I think one of them might well be Yuvraj Singh who regardless of his form has always struggled to pick Bravo's slower deliveries. I would also love to see Santokie in action. It can be a very good opportunity to showcase his skill against one of the best batting lineup. Not to forget Samuels' right in the block hole offies that are very tough to score against.

Users who are viewing this thread