abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And i suppose Dhawan is still banking on his test debut for a place. He has been failing big time now.

Big time ??? This is quite a misplaced comment

He has failed in the first 2 T20s, yes. But he scored 2 half centuries (94 and 60) in the 4 games in Asia Cup. Also, don't forget his recent century and 98 in NZ in Tests. Not exactly big time failure :)

Dhawan should be persisted with because he is actually willing to improve his game unlike Sharma

ferg512

International Coach
Its an interesting one, I didn't think the shots Munroe/Anderson/Ronchi/McCullum played were really "appalling" TBF - just think it was one of those games where the bowling side, bowled well at the death & the batsmen were forced to try and hit good balls, which is never an easy task. Only M Morkel really bowled poorly.

None of them really attempted to even get Taylor on strike though. Munro took a couple of wild slogs before getting out (playing that dumb switch hit far too often) and also McCullum. That pretty much does it for us now, I'd assume SL and SA will go through.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
That pretty much does it for us now, I'd assume SL and SA will go through.

If we beat SL we'll likely go through, since they both still have to beat England. Yes the other results are all favourites, but in T20 amongst the top 8/9 teams favourites only means like a 60-40 advantage, so there's a reasonable chance that at least 1 of those 3 matches will be an "upset".

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wonder why we don't play Neesham instead of Munro

ferg512

International Coach
If we beat SL we'll likely go through, since they both still have to beat England. Yes the other results are all favourites, but in T20 amongst the top 8/9 teams favourites only means like a 60-40 advantage, so there's a reasonable chance that at least 1 of those 3 matches will be an "upset".

Yeah, I said that because I'm pretty much already expecting us to lose to SL. Also when do we start questioning Southees place? I know its only two games but 8 overs for 92 simply isn't good enough.

triniboycolin

Club Cricketer
i can smell a finals between wi and ind. btw that loss has just made gayle more angrier and stronger

----------

and wi wins

----------

like same thing last year where sl dominated windies in first match and loss in the final #just my opinion and btw the indian are really lucky gayle got run out because the rest of bowling was dead and gayle loves leggies remember ipl he pusinshed amit mishra just saying

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
What do you think Rohit did yesterday vs West Indies?:rolleyes 60* is not a performance?

He also scored 24 in the first game vs Pakistan. He starts slow, but thats not called failure. He caught up on the SR pretty quickly and ended up on healthy SR's.

One day Rohit performs and another day he fails. How unlike he is to Virat!

----------

Google search: Rohit has been given enough chances. Rohit must perform now or else Indians should throw him out of the squad.
Did you mean Yuvraj?

Very nice way of expressing your thoughts mate!

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
One day Rohit performs and another day he fails. How unlike he is to Virat!

So every other inconsistent player should be dropped from their respective teams. For India its all players except Kohli.

grkrama

National Board President
See the way Rohit plays IPL T20 ans the way he playes international T20!

If he can play blind innings in IPL, why can't he play in the international T20?

If Rohit cannot play like that in the opening position, no issues, drop Yuvraj who is out of form, bring in Rahane, let Dhawan and Rahane open and drop Rohit to a place where he can play blind innings. And i suppose Dhawan is still banking on his test debut for a place. He has been failing big time now.

Rohit has done well in the last two games, but i still would wait to see how he does under pressure chasing a decent total like 160 n above... cause then his wasting balls at the start strategy will be put under heavy stress....

Which case he woud be better at no4 were he can be more effective in recovering or uping the tempo as required.
Also form in IPL cant be compared to international matches, there is a difference in quality of bowlers as a team and you can always feed of the substandard bowlers.

And regarding Dhawan i would say he is the most improved player of the lot, much better rohit, did you miss Champions trophy , aus series, nz series.asia cup etc
he has lost a git of the golden run he had in the start but he is still putting some good performances and is showing he can survive in different conditions overseas.Even the wicket in the match was a wrong decision.he is by no means being carried in the team or a failure.

Last edited:

Ussaid

School Cricketer
I have a sneaky feeling we may be having a Pak vs India final. Any thoughts?

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes the same way as Sehwag was dropped.

Haha lol.:lol There are not much players who can leave in Sehwag's way as nobody has performed as worse as Sehwag. Along with Sehwag, Gambhir and Bhajji also been dropped from a long time for same reason. Gambhir was struggling to get runs for a long run between July 2011 to January 2013. Sehwag failed again and again but was chanced for many times after his 219 inning against Windies. Later he collapsed and has to quit from national team for sometime. At the moment no one has played that inconsistently like Sehwag.

Sorry for the small mess up that I talked about a non matching topic. But I felt to post this for him. I don't think the whole team should be dropped for that same reason:lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread