I'm going on an adventure...(But not a good one)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sorry to hear this.

Reminds me of a story several years ago where the Optician thought I had an issue on my retina (something like pigment leaking or whatever), and I had to go for tests at moorfields eye hospital. (Thankfully it turned out not to be case.)

Said tests required them to put drops in my eye that made my pupils dilate to the size of Jupiter… on the sunniest day of the year… walking from the hospital to the tube I was more or less functionally blind because it was agony to open my eyes even a little… and I was wearing sunglasses!! Luckily there is a green line on the pavement taking you directly between hospital and tube so I managed to follow that by every few metres looking straight down and putting y hands either side of my face.

All the best mate and really hope it ends being a misdiagnosis!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Sorry to hear this.

Reminds me of a story several years ago where the Optician thought I had an issue on my retina (something like pigment leaking or whatever), and I had to go for tests at moorfields eye hospital. (Thankfully it turned out not to be case.)

Said tests required them to put drops in my eye that made my pupils dilate to the size of Jupiter… on the sunniest day of the year… walking from the hospital to the tube I was more or less functionally blind because it was agony to open my eyes even a little… and I was wearing sunglasses!! Luckily there is a green line on the pavement taking you directly between hospital and tube so I managed to follow that by every few metres looking straight down and putting y hands either side of my face.

All the best mate and really hope it ends being a misdiagnosis!

Cheers pal. Aye, the drops is what they're doing to me on Thursday. Can't wait :lol

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry to hear mate, good luck with the treatment.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Ed Smith first of all sorry you are going through this! On a positive side, you atleast would know what it is (MD or ME). Early treatment would definitely help. Just reading the injection thing has me all teary! Hope you feel better and the good news bad news would soon only be good news!

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Had all the eye photos you could imagine taken last Thursday. Call about the results today was sort of good news bad news haha. I might have macular degeneration or I might have macular edema. Got to go get an INJECTION INTO MY EYE to see if that helps. How exciting...
Hoping it's the less serious one. Strong's!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Once again just reading that made me all teary. Hope you do good brother. Keep us posted.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I reckon its the "special device to stop blinking" that's freaking me out you know. Blergh
I would be shitting in my pants. I just realized I might have Ommetaphobia. Would you be under anesthesia completely or just eye region?

Users who are viewing this thread