No Requests Playface Template V4 added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Academy Username
GuyIncognito
Special shout out to @AJ MODS, been super helpful and friendly about troubleshooting and help. Thanks mate. :cheers :wave

These are first passes, will come back to them eventually to sculpt and hopefully get better at the actual face.

Note: Will be adding faces regularly to already created posts, so while it may seem the thread is in-active, I'm just adding to posts already made to keep things neat.

Edit: At the moment these are unlinked. (Cannot link due to BA locking out any linking for generic faces in Australian State teams, presumably this applies to other licenced teams - first started in C19 after the West Indies DLC.)

Won't be doing more Australian faces for now as there is no point, this includes players in the hundred as well. I am moving onto doing some County teams for the foreseeable future.

Just to politely re-iterate: No Requests.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tasmanian Tigers:

Jackson Bird:

bird.png bird2.png bird3.png

Gabe Bell:
Not overly happy with the result but there aren't any good source photos unfortunately.

bell1.png bell2.png bell3.png

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Middlesex: COMPLETE.

Uploaded the first three with some tweaks. I linked the update players using @wasteyouryouth county teams.

Mark Stoneman:

Mark Stoneman 1.jpg Mark Stoneman 2.jpg Mark Stoneman 3.jpg stoneman.jpg

This was not the look I imagined Mark having when searching for some 2021 photos.

Max Holden:

Max Holden 1.jpg Max Holden 2.jpg Max Holden 3.jpg

Sam Robson:

Sam Robson 1.jpg Sam Robson 2.jpg Sam Robson 3.jpg

Ethan Bamber:

Ethan Bamber 1.jpg Ethan Bamber 2.jpg Ethan Bamber 3.jpg

Robbie White:

Robbie White.jpg Robbie White 2.jpg Robbie White 3.jpg

Toby Roland-Jones:

Toby Roland Jones 1.jpg Toby Roland Jones 2.jpg Toby Roland Jones 3.jpg

Jack Davies:

Jack Davies.jpg Jack Davies 2.jpg Jack Davies 3.jpg

Tim Murtagh:

Not happy with my modelling work here, will update it again some time later in the week.

Tim Murtagh.jpg Tim Murtagh 2.jpg Tim Murtagh 3.jpg

Luke Hollman:

Luke Hollman 1.jpg Luke Hollman 2.jpg Luke Hollman 3.jpg

Martin Andersson:

Martin Andersson 1.jpg Martin Andersson 2.jpg Martin Andersson 3.jpg

Stephen Eskinazi:

Stephen Eskinazi 1.jpg Stephen Eskinazi 2.jpg Stephen Eskinazi 3jpg.jpg

Toby Greatwood:

Toby Greatwood 1.jpg Toby Greatwood 2.jpg Toby Greatwood 3.jpg

Thilan Walallawita:
(Note for myself to adjust skin colour later)

Thilan Walallawita 1.jpg Thilan Walallawita 2.jpg Thilan Walallawita 3.jpeg

Josh De Caires:

Some weird texture issues on the right side of the face that I couldn't fix due to lack of a good source photo. Plus hairstyles limitations in-game don't help with the likeness,

Josh De Caires 1.jpg Josh De Caires 2.jpg Josh De Caires 3.jpg

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
It's such a shame BAS won't let you link the spectacular work going on here to the licensed players who they couldn't scan. We're at the mercy of a dev team prioritising other issues (rightly so) to get any likenesses done which could be outsourced to the community

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Decided to streamline and expand the playface template provided by HBK. @AJ MODS got the ball rolling and I simply expanded on his initial work, so big shout out to you mate.

I've added a few beards and a few other things from @wasteyouryouth Cricket 19 template, so thanks to you as well mate.

I'll keep updating it once every now and then. If there is anything in particular I find handy to add.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Guide (Not a video).

So I decided to do a quick guide as to what my process is. A few things to keep in mind:
- This is what I do and is not a definitive process on making a face.
- This is also the first time I've done a guide/tutorial here, so I do apologise if its a bit rough around the edges.
- I'm still learning how to get better results (I'm still horrible at eyebrows).
- Sculpting in the player creator is way more important than the face in terms of likeness compared to Cricket 19.

Tools:
- Photoshop. If you don't have photoshop then photopea is a great alternative, its basically a web browser equivalent to PS.
- I have a cheap $120 wacom mini tablet I've used for years. You can use a mouse but it is very cumbersome when compared to a wacom (I AM IN NO WAY SUGGESTING YOU GO BUY ONE.)

So, lets begin.

Step 1:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.09.47.30.png

Source your photo. This is Steve Eskinazi from Middlesex. Getty Images is fine resource. For lesser known players, its a bit trickier to find.

Step 2:
1.png
Lasso select the face.

Step 3:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.12.44.29.png
Erase junk area around face and smooth out edges. A soft brush eraser works well.

Step 4:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.13.34.29.png

Now we need to match the face to the template, namely: eyes, nostrils and mouth (general).
In some cases the eyes match up, but the nostrils and mouth never do. What I do is lasso select the nose, mouth area, set a decent feather (eliminates any hard cut lines) and move to adjust.

Step 4a:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.14.25.96.png
If the nose or mouth is still not playing nice, lasso select again, with a decent feather and use the warp tool (Image > adjustments)

Step 5:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.15.23.77.png
Now to cut the eyes. This is where a wacom is handy if you have one. Select the eyes, press shift to add a second lasso without losing the first one. This doesn't need to be precise.
Set feather to 2.

Step 6:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.16.08.18.png
Be sure to now have your face selected and press delete.

Step 6A:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.16.51.54.png
Erase any left over eye inside. I tend to erase eyelashes as well.

Step 7:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.17.35.47.png
Clone stamp the eyebrows away (If not it will come out looking like a dog's breakfast).

Step 8:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.18.02.83.png
Chose the base head colour you want. Using the above template, I've made and named the base layer to correspond to the head layer.

Step 8A:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.18.13.04.png
Select the Head layer you want.

Step 9:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.18.49.14.png
I've made the head layers to be easy to use and most cases you'll only need to select match colour (image adjustments) to get a solid result.
Be sure to have your face selected first, then in match colour select your psd file, then select the HEAD LAYER (above the adjustments folder) and select.

Step 9A:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.19.14.58.png
Adjust your image to match as close to the head and base layer.
Note: The more you fade the head, the more detail you will lose, so think less is more in this regard.

Step 10:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.27.50.94.png
Now for the most time consuming part.
First duplicate and back up the face and base layer just in case and switch them off.
Take the original layers and merge them.

Select healing brush. The trick is to find an area on the face that is blemish free, wrinkle free and relatively similar colour to the base layer surround the face. Don't worry if its not exact.
Press alt and select. and then make your way around the face. Do small circles as if you go too far you'll add an extra nose! ;)
There is a cross hatch that will guide you. If you're not sure just practice and undo until you get the hang of it.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.30.47.56.png

If there is a beard, go over most of it (you don't have to do the chin but I do), it'll be covered by a beard anyway later on.
I then tidy up the around the mouth (AJ MODS provided a BU mouth, I select that to neaten things up further) and remove anything that will stand out like wrinkles, nasal labal folds etc. Wrinkles around the eyes
should be eliminated as well. See below.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.35.52.69.png

This is the main bulk of the work done.

Step 11:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.41.48.84.png
I then add beards to the face. (AJ and myself provided some in the above template, and I'm adding a few more that I'll upload next week.)
You can also add eyebrows if you wish, but it is a time consuming and finicky process to line up properly to get good results in-game. (Use the puppet warp tool for this).
Even if you match up well enough, I find the results are pretty bad, don't know how wasteyouryouth does it.

Step 12:
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.09 - 22.43.14.46.png
Use the adjustments folder and adjust the colour, brightness etc to something you like and you're done!

Some paperwork before signing off:
As I said this is more a guide to how I do things and not a definitive process. If you persist, you may find a better method with better results doing your own variances.
If you are unsure or don't know how to use a tool in the software then that is an issue for you to solve. I only say this as there are hundreds of videos on youtube covering all the tools used here
and are explained way better than I ever can. If you need clarification on a step then I am more than willing to help out.

Just remember, don't be worried about bad results or your first attempt coming out poorly. Practice makes perfect.

These were my two first players ever in Cricket 19:

James Harris_old.jpg Tim Groenewald old.jpg

Six months later after about doing 50 players I re-visited and these were the improvements I made due to persisting:

James Harris New.jpg Tim Groenewald new.jpg

So, that's about it, apologies for any typos, and good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

andrew56

Club Captain
Just tried downloading playface template V2 came up photo just wondering is it meant to be like first template but with beards
is it on Adobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread