Increased manual dexterity required ?

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but just noticed this on the EA forum;

"Here are the PC specs for Cricket 2005 :

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION
OS - Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP
Processor - Intel Pentium III 700MHz
Memory - 128MB RAM (Windows 2000/XP requires 256MB RAM)
Hard Drive - 1.2 GB
CD-DVD - 32 SPEED
Video Card - 32MB Direct3D*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Single System Multiplayer - 2-4 Players on 1 PC
Input - Keyboard, Mouse or Gamepad

*This is the minimum specification your computer must meet to run EA SPORTS? Cricket 2005. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video card and sound card. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater; ATI Radeon 7500 or greater; Intel i865, Intel 915. Windows 2000/XP requires 256MB RAM. A 360? dual analogue gamepad such as the Logitech Dual Action is recommended."

The usual stuff, but the comment about a dual analogue gamepad sounds interesting; I'm guessing batting/bowling will somehow involve the use of two analogue sticks ? Perhaps that'll allow a wider selection of strokes/deliveries, or more precise control of the angle of bat or shot ?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mouse for may be selecting the in game menus that lead to the selection of matches and squads..

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I have one of those Logitech Dual gamepads. They are EXCELLENT for sports games. It's just like using a Playstation2 controller for your PC.

Hicksy551993

Club Captain
i do use my playstation 2 controller :)

a mouse is in the minimum spec for almost any game, even if you dont use it to play

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
GattbWarne4 said:
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but just noticed this on the EA forum;

"Here are the PC specs for Cricket 2005 :

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION
OS - Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP
Processor - Intel Pentium III 700MHz
Memory - 128MB RAM (Windows 2000/XP requires 256MB RAM)
Hard Drive - 1.2 GB
CD-DVD - 32 SPEED
Video Card - 32MB Direct3D*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Single System Multiplayer - 2-4 Players on 1 PC
Input - Keyboard, Mouse or Gamepad

*This is the minimum specification your computer must meet to run EA SPORTS? Cricket 2005. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video card and sound card. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater; ATI Radeon 7500 or greater; Intel i865, Intel 915. Windows 2000/XP requires 256MB RAM. A 360? dual analogue gamepad such as the Logitech Dual Action is recommended."

The usual stuff, but the comment about a dual analogue gamepad sounds interesting; I'm guessing batting/bowling will somehow involve the use of two analogue sticks ? Perhaps that'll allow a wider selection of strokes/deliveries, or more precise control of the angle of bat or shot ?

GattbWarne4 which ea forum did u get this from? please send a link of it. from what you said my pc can pass easily.

GattbWarne4 dont worry. i found it.
http://forum.easports.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=238

i think ea may whoop codemasters this time.

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
Yes, the Logitech Dual Action is superb, especially for games like Pro Evo Soccer. I just wondered why they'd suggest a dual analogue pad; with C2004 you could control everything with a standard d-pad & half a dozen buttons. Sounds like the controls have been revamped...

rashaba16 said:
GattbWarne4 which ea forum did u get this from? please send a link of it. from what you said my pc can pass easily.

Yep, that's the one rashaba16. As usual though, you need to be a little wary of quoted minimum specs - with the new FIFA engine being used for player models & animation, detail & screen resolution may need to be turned down to run on this spec ;)

durrani1

Club Cricketer
U can use your ps2 xbox or ps1 controller on pc with all 14 buttons and with vibrater too. just u need a converter of xbox or ps2/1 to usb pc.

sachin

International Coach
i think ea may whoop codemasters this time.[/QUOTE]
You got this idea, because ea cricket 2005 will have better graphics than BLIC!Very logical :D

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
sachin said:
You got this idea, because ea cricket 2005 will have better graphics than BLIC!Very logical :D[/QUOTE]

no that is not the reason. at least ea seems to b tryin this time. more than 6 times the pics on there site. [thats not the reason]we'll just see when they both come out, and besides blic has no advance shot(unrealistic).time will tell.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The mouse--those days were special. Moving the mouse up and down make you run, the left button will make you hit one type of shot and the right another. :) Although it will be hard to get placement. :D

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
I dont understand EA while they are putting so much effort graphically, but couldnt sort out something as simple as the black sight screen in the ODI's, bowler's bowling grip, batsmans stance - I mean come on, I would pin my hope that they might sort out these little details before the final release. Its little details like this that can ruin an otherwise brilliant game

Users who are viewing this thread