Ind-Aus 2001 Or The Ashes 2005 ? Which has been more exciting ?

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Never really watched the 2001 series between India and Australia so can't really say how good it was. The ashes so far is the best cricket I have seen in a while, but the Ind-Australia series last year was incredible as well. As for the Pak-Ind series earlier this year, that was the best test cricket series Pakistan has had in a while.

symonds143*

School Cricketer
both of them aussie lost hough! but i would say this one, with mcgraths stange injurys!

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Symonds from the start it was never going to be a good ashes for the aussies.

langerrox

International Coach
the ashes 2005, greatest series ever:D lets hope the aussies win though

kalyan

Club Cricketer
DoN said:
in which 4 or 5 wickets were taken by the indian umpire (jayaprakash i think his name)No offence to anyone but if you see the match you will come to know,i have got the video of that match,Have seen too many times that's why i am saying here not without proof but nothing will be change now but fact is a fact

In that case, Pakistan won many matches in Sharjah with the help of umpires. Watch matches between India and Pakistan ( especially in the 90's ), u will get the proof. What do u say about that ? These kind of decisions are part of a game. U cant change the facts now, u have to get on with it.

:)

langerrox

International Coach
im not sure if his meaning symonds being banned for matches or saying that we could of never won symonds as in symonds143*, we kicked ass in the last ODIS hope we can in last test

ashu2411

International Coach
I am Indian but I still think ashes is more exciting with the clash of two great teams. In 2001 India certainly had home advantage with spin bowling but England has conditions similar to Australia.

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
ashu2411 said:
I am Indian but I still think ashes is more exciting with the clash of two great teams. In 2001 India certainly had home advantage with spin bowling but England has conditions similar to Australia.

Good joke mate. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Also England havent played well its just that Australia has played badly.
Barring Flintoff none of the Poms seem ready for the battle.

In 2001 series both of the teams were at thier peak so that series gets a
notch up from this Ashesh series

Cricketville

School Cricketer
This Ashes series hasnt seen Australia at their full strength except in the first test ( and even there Gillespie was a tag-along), whereas England have been at full strength and top form all along ( except perhaps for the 5th test - no Jones ).

The Indo-Aussie 2001 series saw 2 depleted teams too ( no Kumble and Lee ), but the quality of cricket was of the highest standard. It had everything you could ask for - 2 double hundreds ( Laxman and Hayden ), a hat-trick, 2 fightbacks ( Aus coming back to beat India in the 1st test from 99-4 courtesy Hayden and Gilly. Ind coming back from the dead in the second ), a photo-finish in the third test, wickets galore, a world record march of 16 consecutive wins being halted...

IMo, therefore the 2001 one > this one. That said, an injury-free Ashes this time, had it occured, would have stolen the march over that one.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
IMO, last year's tour of India was better still, well, at least it came across that way on the radio. :p

usy

Chairman of Selectors
well that great indian fight back but ashes !!

Indiangod

International Coach
kalyan said:
In that case, Pakistan won many matches in Sharjah with the help of umpires. Watch matches between India and Pakistan ( especially in the 90's ), u will get the proof. What do u say about that ? These kind of decisions are part of a game. U cant change the facts now, u have to get on with it.

:)

I can recall the asia-austral cup final in sharjah in 1986 and 1994. India was robbed in both finals, they was really unlucky to have plumb Ibw's turned down, and agasint the Indian batsmen some Ibw's was going on the legside and still was given out. I can also recall kapil dev furious with the umpire when miandad was not given out when the ball hit is foot and going on to middle-stump, and the umpire say it was going on the legside. India lost both of them finals due through cheating by the umpires, But thats history.

Users who are viewing this thread