India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ya and he bowling at around 120-125 will be of absolutely no use.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
I would like to see a bunch of youngsters given a go
Atleast 2 batsmen an 2 bowlers

If we are going to take 20/20 seriously we need a new look team
I wouldnt have clarke and clark in the team
Clarke because hes a worker of the ball and really in 20/20 u need big hitters
Clark coz batsmen know whats coming and will smash him.

And batsmen need to go out there an go slap happy dont worry about your precious averages.
20 of 12balls from all batsmen is all thats needed to make a score of 200
Some will fail an will end up with scores like 6 from 5 balls then some other sloggers will pay off an end up with stuff like 30 from 15 etc
Who cares no one will remember your stats in a weeks time anyway.
Have fun take risks an go looking for 6's

A team full of guys like gilly,hayden,pommers,symo is what we need both husseys can score quick an hit 6's so keep them as a safety net incase others fail.

Gilly
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Pommersbach
M Hussey
D Hussey
Watson/hilfenhaus/tait or white/hogg
Lee
Johnson
Bracken

Yes i know tait has taken time off but geez he was awesome in that nz 20/20 so looks like the real short game will suit him
I would even think about dropping ponting from 20/20s as he doesnt have the ability to just come out an score quick from ball 1 he needs a couple of overs be4 he can get goin, but that wont happen.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Anyways India is going to loose the match and badly too but still this is what they should look at going in to 20-20.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Robin Utthapa
Suresh Raina
Sachin Tendulkar/Dinesh Kartick/Yuvraj Singh
Rohit Sharma
Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Praveen Kumar
Harbhajan Singh
Sreesanth

Praveen Kumar will take over from Joginder Sharma and will probably do much better than the latter did. Sreesanth will make a comeback considering hes fully fit. Lets see if he has learnt anything from the beating he took at hands of Aussies in Future Cup. Yuvraj might not have fully recoverd hence we might see Sachin playing 20-20 or Dinesh Kartick finally getting international game in 2 months.

Considering only 3 batsmen would have climatised themselves this ones going to be over in hurry.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Anyways India is going to loose the match and badly too but still this is what they should look at going in to 20-20.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Robin Utthapa
Suresh Raina
Rohit Sharma
Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Praveen Kumar
Harbhajan Singh
Sreesanth

How can you put a slash next to Yuvraj's name in a Twenty20?! :eek:

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Thank god the series is over. Now for some 20/20 action :hpraise

Can't wait, ill be there, front row aswell!! I'll take some pictures and upload them!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Praveen Kumar will be handy on Australian pitches. Plus he gives additional batting strength. I reckon both Ishant and Praveen will play. Unless Sree is given a go (:noway).

Why not? He will be devastating.

Sree will definitely play. He is one of our top ranked fast bowlers and I would certainly want that aggressive Sree to run into the Australian batsmen.

A few failures, and you guys give up on a special talent pretty soon. Thats what is happening with guys like Yuvraj, Dhoni, etc. Dhoni is now accquiring haters for his involvement in the sacking of Ganguly. Indian cricket is like a "thornbed". You are pricked from everywhere. You have to be on top throughout your life. Even a small slip, people start throwing stones at you.

Sehwag, Gambhir, Robin Utthapa, Suresh Raina, Sachin Tendulkar/Dinesh Kartick/Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Harbhajan Singh, Sreesanth

Praveen Kumar will take over from Joginder Sharma and will probably do much better than the latter did. Sreesanth will make a comeback considering hes fully fit. Lets see if he has learnt anything from the beating he took at hands of Aussies in Future Cup. Yuvraj might not have fully recoverd hence we might see Sachin playing 20-20 or Dinesh Kartick finally getting international game in 2 months.

Considering only 3 batsmen would have climatised themselves this ones going to be over in hurry.

Come on man! Your anti-jinx theory has now started to get onto my nerves. We are a very good team in the 20/20. I dont think you really need great acclimatisation skills to the conditions. Its 20 overs of slam bang stuff.

I am confident that India will do well (I think we have a very good chance of winning this game). Dont be so pessimistic of the team even when they have the possibility to do well and win.

What beating did Sreesanth take? He went for runs, but he picked up wickets too. This time, he will have better bowling conditions than what he had in India. Beware!

How can you put a slash next to Yuvraj's name in a Twenty20?! :eek:

Yuvraj is injured (knee). Thats why Tiwary has been sent as back up for the ODI's incase Yuvraj does not play. Most likely, he is going to miss the 20/20 match.

Last edited:

Manohar

Club Cricketer

Sehwag
Gambhir
Robin Utthapa
Suresh Raina
Rohit Sharma
Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Praveen Kumar
Harbhajan Singh
Sreesanth

In most of the 20/20 matches where Dhoni was captain he had five front line bowlers. So most probably someone like Ishant Sharma after his recent good bowling might play at the expense of a batman such as Raina or Sharma. It will be interesting to see if Tendulkar will play this 20/20 game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This would be my 20/20 team

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
R Uthappa
S Raina
R Sharma
MS Dhoni
I Pathan
H Singh
P Kumar
I Sharma
S Sreesanth

I want Sachin to rest so that he can be ready for the ODI's. The above team can do quite well enough.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
For once India start as favourites, as they're the World T20 champions and they also have a good record in T20s. :)

RickyLegend

School Cricketer
For once India start as favourites, as they're the World T20 champions and they also have a good record in T20s. :)

I wouldn't say they're favorites. On par with the Aussies. But not favorites. Its hard to say who will win the 20 20 as its a game where anything can happen. I think it will be closely contested

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Australia squad

Michael Clarke (vc)
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Ricky Ponting (c)
Andrew Symonds
Brad Hodge
Michael Hussey
David Hussey
Adam Voges
James Hopes
Brett Lee
Ashley Noffke
Nathan Bracken
Ben Hilfenhaus

Hard to say who gets the chop, really. As it stands, Little Huss might not squeeze in if they chose the five bowlers, although on form and by rights, he is better than Voges, or even Clarke, not that he can knock his spot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread