India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
To be honest, 7 ODIs made me a little sick of the two sides going at each other. I'd have much rather had another Test match (like we had in the last tour of England). And a triangular ODI tournament would have reduced the monotony of it.

I think everyone wanted another Test

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
To be honest, 7 ODIs made me a little sick of the two sides going at each other. I'd have much rather had another Test match (like we had in the last tour of England). And a triangular ODI tournament would have reduced the monotony of it.

Damn right that's what we should have had! 3 Tests isn't enough, 7 ODI's is overkill. 4 Test minimum, 5 ODI maximum. End of debate.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think everyone wanted another Test

I think the quality of cricket is the last thing on the minds of the boards when they decide schedules. Money takes top priority.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
I think the quality of cricket is the last thing on the minds of the boards when they decide schedules. Money takes top priority.

Obviously, though in this case the blame must on the BCCI who seem to adore ODI's.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Obviously, though in this case the blame must on the BCCI who seem to adore ODI's.

I agree. The BCCI seem intent on squeezing the most out of the alloted schedules by the ICC. And ODIs make better economic sense to them... rotten state of affairs for Test cricket lovers like myself.

Sureshot

Executive member
They don't make just better economic sense for them, for the team they visit also. iirc I brought up this same thing and the real Mr Cricket (not the fake Aussie one) pointed out that the ECB wanted to replicate our 06 tour in India.

My personal view is that 5 is enough, can't deny that it was an excellent series though. I think 5 ODIs against both touring teams is a good idea. Test Matches? I prefer them, but I'd rather have both the ODIs and Tests mirrored for both touring teams. Ie, same amount of both vs either team. Be that 3&5 or 4&5 I don't know.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Do we England fans need to play the same cards at remind you that Utthapa hit the absolute cover off one and was given not out. He hit that edge better than he hit for the rest of his series.
Funny, I seem to recall a few come off the middle of the bat.

irottev

School Cricketer
Damn right that's what we should have had! 3 Tests isn't enough, 7 ODI's is overkill. 4 Test minimum, 5 ODI maximum. End of debate.

You Englanders are lucky. Us New Zealanders are lucky to get more then a 2 test series (which is a joke). The ICC can't schedule decent tours properly.

I can't remember the last time New Zealand played a 4 or 5 test series. Must be years and years.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah countries like New Zealand are put to one side in test matches.
It should be even for everybody, everyone should be able to play 4 tests in a series.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
You Englanders are lucky. Us New Zealanders are lucky to get more then a 2 test series (which is a joke). The ICC can't schedule decent tours properly.

I can't remember the last time New Zealand played a 4 or 5 test series. Must be years and years.

Ye, New Zealand schedules suck. Although they're not one of the top ranked test teams (who usually get smaller series), West Indies still play 4 test series and get nailed generally.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I think NZ play far too little cricket. India seems to play so little cricket against them too.

irottev

School Cricketer
They had the statistics for which teams play the most on cricinfo a few months back I think and there were only 2 sides below us. Yes thats right, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

They need to scrap these 2 test series. They are meaningless. Infact, they're just a waste of time.

I defiantly agree that we arn't one of the stronger test nations. But it's pretty hard to improve playing 2-4 tests per year.

This year we have a few tests scheduled. Most for a few years I am sure. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread