India in England Jun-Sept 2014

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So Vinay Kumar or Abhi Mithun should be given a chance.

These guys just not match the standard of even the current Indian bowling line-up! And it's not that they haven't been given their dues.

Shami as it is our best bowler for some time now, and quite sure Bhuvi will earn his place in the final XI due to the conditions set up there in England. Zaheer, from what I analyse, will also retain his place. He's not been as dismal as some others imo.

1. Dhawan
2. Vijay/Sehwag (highly unlikely as of now)
3. Pujara
4. Kohli
5. Rahane/Rohit
6. Rahane/Rohit
7. Dhoni
8. Jadeja/Ashwin
9. B.Kumar
10. Shami
11. Zaheer

Not sure how many of us here would like to see Dhoni leading playing in the side, but then it's pretty obvious that our selectors are much reluctant in keeping him away from the test team.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
My eleven :

Unlimited overs

Shikhar Dhawan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Cheteshwar Pujara
K Lokesh Rahul / Kedar Jadhav
Ajinkya Rahane
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Amit Mishra / Ravindra Jadeja
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Zaheer Khan
Mohammad Shami

ODI

Shikhar Dhawan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Ajinkya Rahane
Suresh Raina
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja
Amit Mishra / Ravichandran Ashwin
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Mohammad Shami
Vinay Kumar / Jaydev Unadkat

T20i

Shikhar Dhawan / Ajinkya Rahane
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Suresh Raina
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Ajinkya Rahane / Surya Kumar Yadav
Ravindra Jadeja
Amit Mishra
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Vinay Kumar
Mohammad Shami

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No love for Varun Aaron ? I know IPL is not the best judge of a player's abilities, but he has been quite discilplined in his IPL outings while keeping his pace intact. He could be the dark horse amongst our fasties

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Rather than the Vinay Kumar type of bowlers I'll rather have one of these.
Ishwar Pandey, Rishi Dhawan, Varun Aaron or Unadkut
If we can get more pace in Ishwar some how, he can be our best bowler, very impressed with the line he has bowled in both Ranji and the IPL. Also got a 5 or 4 in few India A games, so he will be some one to look out for.
Sandeep Sharma any one? :spy

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I like the way KL Rahul is playing in domestic but right now we have a settled team in test and I don't see any major changes occurring. I would like to see Gambhir as the 3rd opener. I don't think Zaheer has looked too good since that 1st test against South Africa. I would bring in Bhuvi in place of Zaheer and Umesh Yadav in place of Ishant Sharma. I wish they don't select Ishant Sharma for this tour because he has been absolutely horrible. Murli Vijay needs to be more consistent to feature in the team regularly. I also don't know if we should pick two spinners in England? Someone like Rishi Dhawan would not be a bad option.

Shikhar Dhawan
Murli Vijay/Ajinkya Rahane
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Rohit Sharma
MS Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja/Rishi Dhawan
Ravi Ashwin
Bhuneshwar Kumar
Umesh Yadav
Shami

Reserve: Gautam Gambhir, Murli Vijay/Ajinkya Rahane, Pragyan Ojha, Varun Aaron, Ishwar Pandey

----------

Sandeep Sharma any one? :spy

Good bowler but we have a similar kind of bowler in Bhuvi.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After the torrid time he has had in the IPL, I don't see Gambhir making any sort of comeback. He continue to play that "unconvincing push to third man" which really began his downfall. Even during his knock yesterday, he looked like getting out every other ball. Very scratchy innings. I would love to see an in-form Gambhir opening for India, but he is far from being in-form

grkrama

National Board President
I wouldnt change much with the test batting lineup they are doing solid and certainly deserve more chances to settle, bowling in spin department mishra or ojha should definitely be tried out.Pace shami and BK are a must, 3rd can be zak him being left armer and XP or aaron, pandey, could be tried out.

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
No need to take Ashwin in that side.He never performs overseas.We need a good quality spinner.And batting is good but opening is a big problem.Sehwag and Vijay would be a good option.

----------

Dhoni has made indian team his personal team.There are bunch of players who are his favourite and they are always in the team Ex:-Ashwin,Ishant,Dhawan,Jadeja etc.And some good players are out of the team.

lion100lion

International Coach
Dhoni has made indian team his personal team.There are bunch of players who are his favourite and they are always in the team Ex:-Ashwin,Ishant,Dhawan,Jadeja etc.And some good players are out of the team.

Please provide proper logic for each player you suggest, as those who deserve no place in the team.. Note that Ishant is out of the team right now.
The team needs good players who are in form.

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
Please provide proper logic for each player you suggest, as those who deserve no place in the team.. Note that Ishant is out of the team right now.
The team needs good players who are in form.

Ashwin never performs overseas,gives 100+ runs in almost every test match.Dhawan is just over after CT13.Jadeja just same as Dhawan.Ishant is not a int. cricketer type,he should focus only on IPL and Ranji so he can feed his family.

----------

Note that Ishant is out of the team right now.

Just wait and watch,he will again be back in the team for english tour.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
If Umesh Yadav gets selected, I would shoot myself.:spy

----------

The best sentence ever heard. Whenever I said this none would agree.

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
The best sentence ever heard. Whenever I said this none would agree.

Its not me or you who only agrees to this.There are many like Sunil Gavaskar,Boycott,Naseer Hussain and many others.I liked his batting and still like it but not his captaincy.Some questions which should be asked to MSD are:-

1}Why Pujara is not in ODI squad?
2}Why he(his captaincy) becomes so defensive in test matches?
3}Why Bhuvi is not in test squads?
4}Why Ashwin and Jadeja are given so many chances?
5}Is he really innocent and not involved is IPL fixing?
6}In IPL he performs for CSK but why not for INDIA in t20?
7}Why he comes at no. 6/7 for india in t20's and at no. 3/4 for CSK?

There are many questions for him but we indian fans just know one thing MSD is great.We need a captain like Michael Clarke or Virat Kohli who is aggressive
and equal for everyone,not like MSD who just cares about a bunch of players.

Users who are viewing this thread