India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That was great batting display shown by India in the series. They seemed to pace their innings perfectly in the 3rd and 5th ODIs where Pakistan actually gave them a challenge. I don't think Pakistan bowled too badly in the series, but the Indian batting was too good for us. Our batting however, was ordinary at best. It is times like these when I think of how much damage we have done to ourselves by relying on Inzi and Yousuf in the ODIs. We seem to be making progress in the tests, but we have taken a few steps backwards in the ODIs.

@Pakistanis on this forum: Learn to accept defeat. I know we haven't had to in almost a year, but we can't win them all. Atleast we won the test series, which mattered more to me to be honest. I've held tests to more importance ever since the Ashes.

@Cocky Indian fans: You guys have every right to be cocky right now, beating Pakistan 4-1 on home ground is no joke. But please refrain from calling our test victory a fluke! Going from 39/6 to win the match by 341 runs is no fluke! Bowling arguably the best batting line up in the world out for scores under 250 twice in the match and then going on to score 599/7 on the same pitch is no fluke! Having 7 of our top batsmen score 50+ runs is no fluke! And we did all that without Inzamam's help. Its great that you're celebrating India's ODI victories, but don't you dare call our historic victory in Karachi a fluke!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
jan said:
yeah right.......
You realize that every post you're making is simply causing you to lose more reputation (both points and just general public feedback)?

@nightprowler10: The victory at Karachi definitely should not be called a fluke. I don't think India deserved to win that match after letting Pakistan get away from 39/6. However, I don't think the 1-0 result was a proper gauge for which was the better team. Now, if the PCB had provided somewhat better pitches... but oh well, the weather played a part in it. The game goes on, and I'm sure we'll see many more exciting contests between these two cricket superpowers before we die.

shah_Ji

School Cricketer
Congrats to all Indian fans for a well deserved and comprehensive ODI series the way they came back was impressive...well done guys and good luck with England series.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
@Cocky Indian fans: You guys have every right to be cocky right now, beating Pakistan 4-1 on home ground is no joke. But please refrain from calling our test victory a fluke! Going from 39/6 to win the match by 341 runs is no fluke! Bowling arguably the best batting line up in the world out for scores under 250 twice in the match and then going on to score 599/7 on the same pitch is no fluke! Having 7 of our top batsmen score 50+ runs is no fluke! And we did all that without Inzamam's help. Its great that you're celebrating India's ODI victories, but don't you dare call our historic victory in Karachi a fluke!!
It was a FLUKE!!!
:p :D

That win was a thrashing, carnage, massacre even. You were Dhoni'ed so bad...:D

rudeypooh

Club Captain
ZoraxDoom said:
It was a FLUKE!!!
:p :D

That win was a thrashing, carnage, massacre even. You were Dhoni'ed so bad...:D

Shoaib Ahktar played a major role in the test matches, maybe if he was part of the ODI the result would've been different?

Like when Yuvraj hurt his leg, Pakistan should be dropping yorkers at him and short balls forcing him on his bad leg, thats what you call tactics.

prarara

International Cricketer
rudeypooh said:
Shoaib Ahktar played a major role in the test matches, maybe if he was part of the ODI the result would've been different?

Like when Yuvraj hurt his leg, Pakistan should be dropping yorkers at him and short balls forcing him on his bad leg, thats what you call tactics.

Or what I'd call evil. If Pakistan played in that frame of mind, then they should have no qualms about the 'spirit' of the game being trampled on the Indians. Clearly, Pakistan would have been the team that would have tried to win by 'hook or crook'...

rudeypooh

Club Captain
prarara said:
Or what I'd call evil. If Pakistan played in that frame of mind, then they should have no qualms about the 'spirit' of the game being trampled on the Indians. Clearly, Pakistan would have been the team that would have tried to win by 'hook or crook'...

You have to find weaknesses in the opposition to get the upper hand.
Eg.
- if a batmen plays well to legside bowling - you dont bowl on the legside.
- if a batsmen plays full length bowling with confidence to decrease his confidence you bowl short deliverys with the odd yorker.

One teams disadvantage is the other teams advantage, which is known as a Strategy, which im afraid Pakistan did not have in the ODIs.

Last edited:

Dhoni

School Cricketer
Good news! My boy Dhoni moves to number 3, Yuvraj 9 and Dravid 10 in ODI Batting Rankings. Balla balla balla! Keep it up boys!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I saw it earlier in the day too. I didn't expect to be him so high. A lot of new youngsters are getting to the top of the rankings lately.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its amazing how Dhoni got to the No.3 of the world ICC rankings for batsmen!

Great job he has done for India! And he deserves all those rankings and the accolades! He is a true match winner for India!

Where is Sachin in the rankings? I want to know what rank he is in! His 95 at Lahore was a gem that helped India take a big lead in the series!

Sachin_007

Club Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
Its amazing how Dhoni got to the No.3 of the world ICC rankings for batsmen!

Great job he has done for India! And he deserves all those rankings and the accolades! He is a true match winner for India!

Where is Sachin in the rankings? I want to know what rank he is in! His 95 at Lahore was a gem that helped India take a big lead in the series!

Totally man..Dhoni should deserve all those rankings that he got...He is good in under pressure...His future is so bright and if he works on his wicket keeping..he can be like Adam Gilchrist..

I know right but sachin didnt play that well in this series...but his 95 was a memorable 95...I guess...

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
not taking anything away from dhoni but will he really be ablwe to play this good when playing outside subcontinent!!
only teams he has performed against are sri lanka and pakistan!!
but i dont see him playing good vs other teams on good pitches like karachi!!

wheres indias next tour outside asia?

dont understand that shoaib malik hit 2 90's and a 100 in straight matches but he has dropped in rankings !!
he should have been in top 20 for that like number 15!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread