India Team Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Been wanting this for a while. I don’t see any reference to skipping on IPL entirely in any article though. The shortlist part is good as is the emphasis on playing domestic games to ensure guys like Tyagi stop skipping on Ranji games.

Blokes like Rohit who have been guilty of missing multiple international games due to injury and are unlikely to be in the long term plans for the T20I squad are the main ones that I would want to be missing out on parts if not the whole of IPL. Could also make an argument for a guy like Hardik who hasn’t been playing in ODIs for sometime and no longer plays tests.

If true I do think this is the BCCI’s way of getting back in a way against these IPL owners who have been involved in other T20 leagues despite the BCCI not wanting it. The cynic in me feels that this isn’t just about wanting to win the WC.

In other news it seems Chetan Sharma might be back. What a pile of tosh.

Correct. Its not about skipping the IPL entirely. It's about managing workload during IPL, which means those 20 players will need to miss some IPL games.

My opinion - this could be a good move. Will make franchises rethink their plans and play the replacements more often than what they are doing now. Especially CSK, who are known for only playing experienced players at the cost of giving no games to the less experienced. If Deepak Chahar and Ravindra Jadeja are forced to miss out a few games due to workload management, they will need to play Hangargekar/Simarjeet and Nishant Sidhu/Ajay Mandal.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Been wanting this for a while. I don’t see any reference to skipping on IPL entirely in any article though. The shortlist part is good as is the emphasis on playing domestic games to ensure guys like Tyagi stop skipping on Ranji games.

Blokes like Rohit who have been guilty of missing multiple international games due to injury and are unlikely to be in the long term plans for the T20I squad are the main ones that I would want to be missing out on parts if not the whole of IPL. Could also make an argument for a guy like Hardik who hasn’t been playing in ODIs for sometime and no longer plays tests.

If true I do think this is the BCCI’s way of getting back in a way against these IPL owners who have been involved in other T20 leagues despite the BCCI not wanting it. The cynic in me feels that this isn’t just about wanting to win the WC.

In other news it seems Chetan Sharma might be back. What a pile of tosh.
It's the BCCIs own fault for playing constantly (probably trying to ensure they keep potential voters happy for their ICC wants), why would the franchises want to rest their best players? Even England doesn't pull players out of the IPL - just it's farm league SA20.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

BCCI to ask few shortlisted players for 2023 WC to skip IPL. If this is true, a good first step.

@Bevab @SaiSrini @icyman @Bigby Wolf @NILAYSHAH60 thoughts?
Post automatically merged:

If I remember correctly, our ex-captain Kohli had voiced out similar concerns prior to the 2019 World Cup. Looking at the storm thats rage don Twitter, am sure some franchisees arent going to be happy with this, if it comes to fruition. However, in termsof the larger picture, there's always going to be 'that opportunity cost' and a situation of 'what if'.

In an ideal scenario, players need to be given specific roles and fitness regimes by the NCA and perhaps be asked to refrain from either bowling long spell, etc. I see a middle ground forming wherein teams that have already crashed out will be asked to rest the Top20.

Secondly, the emphasis on domestic cricket is a step in the right direction. I would like to see them apply it to the contracted players as well. In the early 2000s, Ranji matches were quite star studded. Do not see that happening nowadays and it is a sad reality. Hope, the outcome of the review meeting is employed in a timely manner.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Till now I have loved Umran Malik's bowling , especially because of his bowling action . But the day he starts bowling more fuller , I would become a fan . He needs to bowl fuller to become a major threat for batsmen ... :Cheersmate:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Actually Umran hasn't set the stage on fire, for me at least. I still think he is raw and needs to be coached properly. He needs the hand of a well known bowling coach who can guide him.

Presently, he just seems like he has been thrust into action here.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Actually Umran hasn't set the stage on fire, for me at least. I still think he is raw and needs to be coached properly. He needs the hand of a well known bowling coach who can guide him.

Presently, he just seems like he has been thrust into action here.
He's come a long way since his international debut. Especially in ODI cricket on Indian pitches, he could be more useful than a Chahar or Bhuvi.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Indian bowlers seem to be seasonal these days. At least under Shastri-Arun, we had a capable and potent attack(also read: consistently being played). These days, anyone and everyone seems to be bowling for India.

With the BGT a few days away, we are still unaware of our best bowlers, our bowling spearhead and the backups. Umran may be the flavour of the season, but is he being handled with care? Or has he just been asked to keep bowling fast, irrespective of the result?

For the 1st time since 2004, I fear that India will lose the BGT at home and pretty badly. As much as I want us to win, I sense the Aussies might romp away with a 3-0 scoreline here.

B

Bigby Wolf

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Youre not sure who the culprit is? Yet you post it, criticizing Prithvi?

Anyways from the reports apparently the influencer wanted a selfie with Prithvi, he refused (well within his right to do so) and the fracas evolved.

A talented guy been wrong by the selectors. Dont help when fans like Mr Wolf continue labelling him a ruffian.

B

Bigby Wolf

Youre not sure who the culprit is? Yet you post it, criticizing Prithvi?

Anyways from the reports apparently the influencer wanted a selfie with Prithvi, he refused (well within his right to do so) and the fracas evolved.

A talented guy been wrong by the selectors. Dont help when fans like Mr Wolf continue labelling him a ruffian.
Ho gaya Tera?

You done?

Time to put you on list.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

So looks like based on that article, Gill and her friends were the culprit. They forced Shaw to take selfies after he already obliged them with one. Once denied they broke the windshield glass with baseball bat and followed Shaw's friend. Complete hooliganism.

Users who are viewing this thread