India tour of Australia - 2018/19

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Talking about Indian batting in the first innings, The most compact looked to me was Rohit Sharma. His shots show that he was in control and not edgy. Though he threw it all away with a rash shot suddenly. He would be better as series goes on.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Watched the 2nd day highlights, some pretty good bowling by Indian bowlers. I am quite impressed with Bumrah pace, bounce and carry as well as his swing. It seems that pitch has really some juice for the bowlers and it is difficult to bat on, While Indian batting mainly got out due to poor and risky shot selection Australians were more victims of some real good bowling.

Really like Travis Head control and fighting spirit, He has been a fighter thus far and it seems he really enjoys the role to perform in crisis situations coming at No. 6 Much like what Gilchrist used to do and turn around games. Superb test cricket going on.

On the other hand, Where is the good old commentary team? Ian Chappel, Mark Taylor, Mark Nicholas ? Are they not welcomed to Channel 7 ?

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The tail wagging again. Horrible. We never learn. I wont be surprised if we concede a lead of 30 to 50 here. Ishant has been terrible this morning and bowled way too short. As soon as Lyon came in, our bowlers have started bowling short. Why!!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a poor, unsure shot from Vijay

Where is your mind friend. Once upon a time he was the king of leaving and shouldering arm. Now he keeps kicking deliveries he would have otherwise left alone with his eyes closed

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The first ball I see live in this tour, Vijay gets out !

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
There is bit of rough patch and it's going to be difficult for right handers to play against spin. Lyon will be dangerous to handle for us.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The tail wagging again. Horrible. We never learn. I wont be surprised if we concede a lead of 30 to 50 here. Ishant has been terrible this morning and bowled way too short. As soon as Lyon came in, our bowlers have started bowling short. Why!!

I think we bowled well against the tail apart from against Lyon. I agree that we bowled too short to him when his real weakness is anything pitched up.

The first ball I see live in this tour, Vijay gets out !

Hah, as soon as I turned my TV on, he got out. What a poor shot again from him. If Prithvi Shaw is fit, I see him coming back straight in the second test in place of Vijay. Although the way Shaw plays, it is also a high risk against this bowling attack.

Lyon sometimes looks unplayable in these conditions with the bounce he gets.

P.S. And he plays a reckless shot yet again. After getting such a good start, that was just poor from Rahul. Playing on the up against a line and length bowler like Hazelwood without moving his feet is just unacceptable.

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Again Rahul with T20 shot against a good ball ! Too much T20 cricket has ruined him.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Honestly, I'm not sure how India don't proceed with Dhawan and Shaw (considering he's not injured). This opening pair doesn't look up to it to be frank.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Honestly, I'm not sure how India don't proceed with Dhawan and Shaw (considering he's not injured). This opening pair doesn't look up to it to be frank.
I completely disagree with bringing back Dhawan. I will be happy with Vijay if he plays for 10 overs and don't score anything rather than a quick fire 20 odd from Dhawan.

Dhawan is out of team for good, no need to bring him back. If we want another opener, Mayank Agarwal is in queue.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Same thing with Pant
I don't mind Pant playing like that because I don't really rate him as a quality player. But seeing Rahul play those shots is very disappointing as he has loads of talent. He is becoming like Rohit Sharma but Sharma is atleast good in LO whereas Rahul is going down in all formats.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Proper cricket from Pujara, fantastic to watch. And in his post match interview he did say that the total is fine and the pitch isn't easy to bat on plus it's turning where Ashwin can play a vital role. I buy that.

Expecting much more from KL and Rahane here, Rohit was doing okay there going forward but once again an unnecessary shot got him out.. basically gifted his wicket. He should be able to score big in the second innings(if he shows patience). Top order needs to click if we want to win this.

Australia won't really be able to have a big lead here, maximum 300 runs having a lead of 50-70 or out under 250 but that'd be a bit too optimistic.

Winning this one isn't a distant dream, it's achievable.
..And we got them for 235. Pujara was right about the pitch, not flat as people were boasting it to be.

Kohli and Pujara looking good there, Rohit might also put up a good show while for our own good we need Rahane to perform!

No expectations from Pant to be honest.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Kohli gone .. Very uncharacteristic innings from him. But important in the context of the game

Such deliveries are going to come
I hope we don't have a collapse. Still nowhere close to being safe

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I feel Rahane is going to score this time. Getting good vibe watching him play even though he just now came.

Users who are viewing this thread