India tour of Australia - 2018/19

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think Bhuvi will be effective here. He would have been a lethal weapon in England but according to me he won't be effective here. Nowadays Australia prepare flat decks and Bhuvi is not the right person for that pitch.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There are many reasons, not just in test but other formats aswell. You people might find this funny or kiddish (lol) but I have noticed something in Dhawan which is actually the fact.

Dhawan has been a last match opportunist for most of his career. I honestly believe he has more potential than what he exhibit on the field. Apart from few series and ICC tournments, where he has performed consistently, he has been the last match performer for India. He will play horribly throughout the series and when the time comes and captain and management say, 'hey you have to prove yourself or else you won't be the part of the team in next series', he generates some miraculous power in him and outperforms everyone in that last match of the series. There are many examples for this, research it online and you'll get to know.

He eats up a position of a quality player and later justifies his role through his performance in the last game lol. My question is, if you can perform in the last game, why not perform from start of the series? And if same thing happens to some junior players like Karun Nair or Agarwal or Pandey, they endup warming the bench for whole series and get dropped in the next series. This is the logic of BCCI selection committee.

I can't speak on this much. I will say though that I believe Dhawan to be a quality player as well. I think though that India are blessed with enough batting talent that they can definitely go another route. I just think it's a tad unfair to keep shuffling the line up. Especially for fast bowlers and openers in cricket.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Starc and Cummins are no Sam Curran who has a natural allrounder ability and known to produce 30-40 runs to the teams total consistently even in county cricket. Starc and Cummins can bat, but they are far too inconsistent to be any real serious threat like a lower order batsman like a Woakes or Curran who are far capable at adding a good chunk of runs to the total down the order.
I hope that you're right. But our bowling struggles with anyone who can even put bat to ball as history is evident with such cases. Unless it's someone like Chris Martin with the bat, I'm not confident of our bowler's ability. Mind you I'm not saying they will fail every time but it will happen 65% of the time.

Having Jaddu/Ashwin and Bhuvi definitely raises more hopes for a much improved lower order batting performance.
We had Ashin/Jaddu during the England series as well and that didn't help either. The problem is once we are 5-6 down, I don't recall us having accumulated more than 50-60 runs after that in recent times.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why would any team start the tour with T20s just before the test series? Could`ve done with a couple of 3 or 4 day games instead of this nonsense.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I hope that you're right. But our bowling struggles with anyone who can even put bat to ball as history is evident with such cases. Unless it's someone like Chris Martin with the bat, I'm not confident of our bowler's ability. Mind you I'm not saying they will fail every time but it will happen 65% of the time.

We had Ashin/Jaddu during the England series as well and that didn't help either. The problem is once we are 5-6 down, I don't recall us having accumulated more than 50-60 runs after that in recent times.

The did get a few in the last game.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
The did get a few in the last game
There are bound to be exceptions. If you try 100 times, you ought to hit the bullseye 2-3 times.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Aussies just smashing their way to a winning total on what is an absolute belter ... i dont think we get these kinds of roads even in India[DOUBLEPOST=1542790929][/DOUBLEPOST]Krunal being treated with disdain ...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Time for DK and Pant to take it close and prove their worth ![DOUBLEPOST=1542799669][/DOUBLEPOST]Zampa matching Kuldeep's performance (actually being slightly better even)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
These two are proving why we will be bloody stupid to keep Dhoni in the world cup team.

Exactly ... Don't see Dhoni being able to hit like this anymore. Pant and DK are the future[DOUBLEPOST=1542801407][/DOUBLEPOST]Good bowling by Stoinis ... taking the pace off quite well

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
DK is insane. He made a 15 rpo run chase look average on a huge ground! Criminal to not have him in LOI!

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Maxwell yet again showed why he should be taken more seriously over the likes of Marsh brothers. He has shown gradual signs of becoming more focused and his ability to change games is second to none. Of course, his age might not warrant a "project" status but his talent cannot be allowed to go to waste. Australian players and coaching staff must do everything to ensure he continues his improvement even further so that by time Smith and Warner return, he can be an able accomplice.

Wish more grounds were like this in modern-day cricket. Not too small but not too big to make run scoring difficult either. Perfectly balanced and accompanied by a pitch that had something for everyone. If the test series has similar grounds and pitches it could be a real classic.

Users who are viewing this thread