India tour of England 2018

B

Bigby Wolf

So Sony has their own commentary setup along with their broadcasting graphics and the first person I hear is of the Cringe master Sanjay Manjrekar.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
David Wiley's inning is hurting. We have really bowled well and this is what happens when you face good bowling. A 5-fer by Kuldeep and he has really bowled well. The pitch is looking good so a score below 166-170 should be chaseable

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wow, what amazing stuff from Kuldeep !!

On a side note, for all that yo yo test talk, the fielding was a average - one dropped catch and a couple of misfields

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
So restricting to 159 is a tremendous effort. If we keep bowling this way England will face a lot of heat in the limited overs format. The 500 runs in each match will reduce drastically. Even if India loses, I want to see good competitive cricket with equal bat and ball action and not just stupid 500 runs matches every time as its just down right boring.[DOUBLEPOST=1530642151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, what amazing stuff from Kuldeep !!

On a side note, for all that yo yo test talk, the fielding was a average - one dropped catch and a couple of misfields

But that has nothing to do with fielding now is it? That just measures your fitness level (apparently). How you field is completely upto individual.[DOUBLEPOST=1530642223][/DOUBLEPOST]
So Sony has their own commentary setup along with their broadcasting graphics and the first person I hear is of the Cringe master Sanjay Manjrekar.
Here in USA, Willow TV is broadcasting and we got the Sky Sports commentators. The Asian team consists of Harbhajan Singh and Sanga. Now Sanga is really sensible and soft spoken. I did not get a chance to hear Harbhajan as I am working and he came on post Lunch.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Cannot believe that we have an India tour to England with commentary like this. Horrible. The kind of coverage (ESPNSTAR India) we had during England tours of 2002,2007 and so on were all iconic. Sad that the commentary lineup is so annoying. When you tour England, you expect to hear the likes of Bumble, Botham and Co, not Deep Dasgupta and Manjrekar! To add to that, the commentary and audio is out of sync at times, the scorecard gets updated a couple of balls late. Appalling. Don't even get me started about the mid-innings show which has comments from that guy who is famous for his gimmickry on Youtube, a model and Ajay Jadeja. Who do they think is their target audience? Why can't we have the sport covered as proper sport and not some Bollywood tamasha?

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Cannot believe that we have an India tour to England with commentary like this. Horrible. The kind of coverage (ESPNSTAR India) we had during England tours of 2002,2007 and so on were all iconic. Sad that the commentary lineup is so annoying. When you tour England, you expect to hear the likes of Bumble, Botham and Co, not Deep Dasgupta and Manjrekar! To add to that, the commentary and audio is out of sync at times, the scorecard gets updated a couple of balls late. Appalling. Don't even get me started about the mid-innings show which has comments from that guy who is famous for his gimmickry on Youtube, a model and Ajay Jadeja. Who do they think is their target audience? Why can't we have the sport covered as proper sport and not some Bollywood tamasha?

The quality has been going down for years and years. I prefer SONY to STAR. Star is currently doing shows on the FIFA WC with Laxman and co. which is hilarious!

The problem also is that we have the worst commentators coming out of India- Gavaskar should be the captain of this pack with Manjerekar as his deputy. Goons like Murali Kartik and one or two more morons.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The quality has been going down for years and years. I prefer SONY to STAR. Star is currently doing shows on the FIFA WC with Laxman and co. which is hilarious!

The problem also is that we have the worst commentators coming out of India- Gavaskar should be the captain of this pack with Manjerekar as his deputy. Goons like Murali Kartik and one or two more morons.

Star currently is horrible for sure. However, during the 2000-2012 era, they had a really good commentary team and had world class coverage on overseas tours.[DOUBLEPOST=1530644060][/DOUBLEPOST]

Dasgupta, Chopra and Co. make L.Siva sound like Benaud! The problem is they do not have much to offer beyond their insights into Indian cricket. Wilkins and Bhogle are the only ones who sound like international quality commentators here.

Back to the cricket. Rohit Sharma looks unfit and is really struggling. I`m really not sure about his YoYo test results. Unlike Rayudu, he has great following with Captain Kohli and the moron in chief, Shastri.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
By jee, there's something so surreal about KL.. he has to open. HAS TO!

Kohli HAS TO bat 3.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
As usual Rohit is slowing things down.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
As usual Rohit is slowing things down.

He has a set template whereby he sees how it goes for 10-20 balls and then gets into his innings. It's outdated and he's mentally fragile so unable to adapt. That's why I feel if he bats at 4, the game will dictate how he must bat, not him. It's absolutely criminal to not have Rahul bat at 1.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Manjerekar has been grazing some high quality grass in England.. Praising Kohli for Rahul's knock.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
WHAT A CENTURY!!! WHAT A PLAYER!! Well done and this only makes it more difficult for others. Well played

Users who are viewing this thread