India tour of England 2018

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And yeah they will surely try out Bumrah, he'll play a game for sure!

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Dont make excuses. If BCCI did its job it would be making pitches at home conjusive to all conditions.

I wish mate. How many Seaming Pitches can BCCI make? We will have to make hundreds of Seaming Pitches at School and Club level. We play Cricket during the Dry Season in India. Will consume a lot of resources.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Maybe Indian fans can enlighten me but, as an outsider, I fail to see why management persist with Pandya's selection. I think people are being a bit harsh on Kuldeep. Pitch gave him nothing. I still think it was a major error letting Kumble go for Shastri. Kohli is literally my favourite player in world cricket, I even like the guy's attitude off the pitch and feel he gets attacked much too often unnecessarily, but he might have made a mistake siding for Shastri over Kumble.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
I wish mate. How many Seaming Pitches can BCCI make? We will have to make hundreds of Seaming Pitches at School and Club level. We play Cricket during the Dry Season in India. Will consume a lot of resources.
The bottom line is the BCCI is responsible for India's deplorable away record. Then build these pitches for schools and other grass roots institutions. Either that or face embarrassment every time you step foot on foreign soil. Australia is making an effort in improving its play in the sub continent. India should follow suit imho.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Then perhaps the BCCI should change to part of the WET season to allow some rain water to juice up your pitches with some grass.
Hey presto a lively grassy deck plus humidity equates to a a swinging, seaming deck. So no need to build seaming pitches. Or is that too simplistic for the BCCI.

Last edited:

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Rishabh Pant must replace Dinesh Karthik for 3rd test, positive attitude matters most in longer format and I think Murali Vijay will play better, if they drop DK. India need a batting coach.. especially for overseas tour. What you can expect from Sanjay Bangar? Practice is there, but without any purpose.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Rishabh Pant must replace Dinesh Karthik for 3rd test, positive attitude matters most in longer format and I think Murali Vijay will play better, if they drop DK. India need a batting coach.. especially for overseas tour. What you can expect from Sanjay Bangar? Practice is there, but without any purpose.
Pant plus Vihari should call from India if VK (back strain)not able to play on Aug 18

Bhumi

Club Captain
Cong India to playing more balls from 2 innings than (1952 manchester test 349 balls for 20 wickets)

Woakes M.O.M but Anderson deserve more for 9 wickets in the match.(99 vs india.and 103 at Lord's now)

charles04

Club Cricketer
this is what happens when you pay more importance to t20. wasting 2 months on IPL . where is the time for any meaningful preparation for long test series. or do they simply not care about their woeful away test performances, and are quite content to simply perform at home and thats good enough.

the tour to Australia will be another hammering , even without smith and warner.

bumrahguy

School Cricketer
DK under so much criticism? For what?

For his poor wicketkeeping. His batting is not a problem. DK, as he has shown during this series, is one of the greatest wicketkeeper-batsmen of all time. His batting is awe-inspiring, inevitable and destructive.

ROHIT_17

School Cricketer
I think Shikhar Dhawan is far better when it comes to positive attitude...so i suggest Shikar dhawan in for Murali vijay and Jadeja in for Kuldeep yadav for more batting depth

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just realized Adil Rashid didn't bowl a single delivery in the Lord's Test, neither did he bat nor did he take catch. Guess it's safe to assume who Ben Stokes will be replacing.

It won't matter anyway with the way India is playing. If Kohli sits out of the 3rd Test....I don't even want to go there.

On a positive note, Pope, the debutant, didn't set/get a chance to set the stage on fire :D

Morphed

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Just realized Adil Rashid didn't bowl a single delivery in the Lord's Test, neither did he bat nor did he take catch. Guess it's safe to assume who Ben Stokes will be replacing.

It won't matter anyway with the way India is playing. If Kohli sits out of the 3rd Test....I don't even want to go there.

On a positive note, Pope, the debutant, didn't set/get a chance to set the stage on fire :D
So technically England beat us with 10 men

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is a reason why India is the no.1 ranked test team, they bring the stronger teams to tour India and go to the low ranked teams for tours and when they do tour the stronger teams, they get thrashed. Wish it was any team other than England though. England isn't a test team

Users who are viewing this thread