India tour of New Zealand 2019

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I agree. He looks solid and has worked extensively under the supervision of Rahul Dravid. He looks an all-format player to me, who can bat in any format. Hope he keeps his head in the right place and not go astray like KL Rahul. Once the WC is done, we should definitely be seeing more of Gill. If Dhoni retires, Gill would be a great No. 4 and Pant can be the wicketkeeper-bat who can go hammer tongs in the middle order. Just the kind of young blood India needs in the middle. Prithvi Shaw can be brought into ODI's and compete for the opening slots with Rohit/Dhawan. When Prithvi and Gill come in after the WC, the competition is going to be turned up several notches high. Edit: And oh...... I totally forgot Mayank. Man, India's batting has a lot to offer in the coming years.

I somehow get the feeling that "Dravid taking care of Indian cricket at grassroots level" could be the best thing that might have happened to us in recent times.

KL Rahul has not gone astray. And I assure you, he's not done.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
KL Rahul has not gone astray. And I assure you, he's not done.

I didn’t say “he is done”. I know he’ll come back. But we saw how his head was not at all in place, in the tests. And KWK was a rude awakening for him where he showed signs that the popularity has got to him.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I actually don't mind it. He is the pillar of our team and the last thing we would want is an injury that would keep him out of the WC. Kohli is a certainty in the playing XI, so it's not like he has prove anything to merit a place in the team. Having said that, this rest would be of no use if he goes on to play the IPL, which as everyone knows is what will happen eventually. The risk of fatigue/injury is greater when playing in IPL.

In fact, I'm so against it that I would prefer to have no IPL this year keeping the WC in mind. But that's not gonna happen, so I can only hope that the players take care of themselves.
I would not hit other player's stomach by having no IPL altogether, I would much rather prefer the 15-25 contenders for WC being rested in the later half of the IPL and let IPL be played for other players trying to make bread and name for themselves. I would have the contenders play 15-20 days of IPL and then rest and regroup towards the end in England. Crowd will still come in and IPL will still make money.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I didn’t say “he is done”. I know he’ll come back. But we saw how his head was not at all in place, in the tests. And KWK was a rude awakening for him where he showed signs that the popularity has got to him.

There was nothing he remotely said that was incorrect on KWK. This is your opinion, not factual.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its so painful to watch Dhoni bat. We should be challenging ourselves to get to 400 in games like these. Instead, we are scratching around and playing out overs. If England were in this position and on a ground as tiny as this, they'd be getting 450. We are not going to get extra points for having wickets in hand if all we are going to get is 6 rpo. This is an archaic middle order and will cost us the Cup. We were scoring 350s and 400s in the late 2000s. Remember how effortlessly we were getting 350 plus scores in the 2009 series in NZ.

On top of all that, our best late overs batsman isnt even playing. DK has been hitting it so crisply off late. This side is messed up.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
170+ at 30 overs and struggling to reach 310 here.

God save India in the WC. We need lots of luck going for us in the WC.

B

Bigby Wolf

Its so painful to watch Dhoni bat. We should be challenging ourselves to get to 400 in games like these. Instead, we are scratching around and playing out overs. If England were in this position and on a ground as tiny as this, they'd be getting 450. We are not going to get extra points for having wickets in hand if all we are going to get is 6 rpo. This is an archaic middle order and will cost us the Cup. We were scoring 350s and 400s in the late 2000s. Remember how effortlessly we were getting 350 plus scores in the 2009 series in NZ.

On top of all that, our best late overs batsman isnt even playing. DK has been hitting it so crisply off late. This side is messed up.
Yup and its was Dhoni who used to do the quick scoring during that period alongside Yuvraj and Raina.But this is turning out to be disappointing and banal to see our middle order failing to up the ante when it matters.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This was a 350+ wicket.. The high percentage of dot balls and lack of big 12+ overs in the last 10 overs is going to hurt us big time in odi cricket. And this is a tiny ground. Edges flying to boundaries

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Anyways this will be a good challenge for our bowlers. To defend this score on a small ground. Especially for the wrist spinners. The mishits instead of getting caught could go over the ropes here

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Vijay shankar just doesn't look international material

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why, just why can't it be a quick and clean mop up of the tail for once? Bracewell set for a quick 50 here.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Why, just why can't it be a quick and clean mop up of the tail for once? Bracewell set for a quick 50 here.

8th wicket 50 run partnership there for the taking too

This is what will hurt us, if it comes down to NRR (in the world cup ofcourse)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Bracewell was looking very comfortable against spin, Kohli should've brought the pacers back on earlier.

On another note, there's really no point playing Shankar if he only bowls 3-4 overs and doesn't bat at all.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Everyone rates NZ highly but their batting is brittle if Williamson and Taylor don't score. Munro just scores quick 20's and 30's and gets out quickly. Guptill is inconsistent as ever. NZ's fortunes could well be reminiscent to their CT 17 performance in the WC.

Users who are viewing this thread