asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally, making short work of the tail. I can sleep in peace now :p

This could be a tricky total to chase. Not too big, not to small either. If the top 3 fall cheaply, we definitely have a game on our hands.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is where numbers mess with your head. Anyone who has seen cricket for any length of time will tell you how amazing what DK is doing is. In and out of the side with no specific role and he just comes and bosses a situation. 30 odd, but the fluency and sheer evolution of what was already a good package being shown.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Little bit of fun fact from espncricinfo:
The last time New Zealand lost three matches in a row at home was in 2013, two to England in February and one to West Indies in December. You have to go back to March 2012 to find an instance of three straight home losses in the same series.

If Gill doesn't play the next 2 ODIs, it would be a very unfortunate thing. Having heard so much about him, I'm excited to see how he pans out. And yes, Rohit, Dhawan should sit out to test our middle order. It would also be not a bad idea to rest Shami.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'd personally rest Shami and both the wrist spinners. I think it's very clear that the SENA teams are absolutely clueless about the two wristies. I'd lock them up for the remaining 2 games and Shami has had a huge work load and deserves to go to the world cup as our third seamer.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This chase would have gone down to the 50th over if Dhoni was playing. Does anyone else feel so?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Balance-wise, today`s side is actually India`s best. Rayudu as No.4 is no longer that big an issue since he does`nt have to follow MSD who is another nudger. Karthik at No.5 is a perfect slot in and then the firepower of Pandya+Jadhav. Wish MSD wasn't considered that indispensable.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Have to admit I'm impressed with the kind of dominance India have shown in this series. I don't remember the last time we outplayed the opposition to this extent.

This chase would have gone down to the 50th over if Dhoni was playing. Does anyone else feel so?
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. And I think yes, it would have.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
The statement that Kohli made about Gill in Post match Presentation :eek:.

Even at ocassion of Prithvi Shaw , he said that statement . And also , he's true . Today at 18 , 19 years of age ....... the boys are technical fit especially in batting due to the domestic circuit we have developed . :thumbs

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Balance-wise, today`s side is actually India`s best. Rayudu as No.4 is no longer that big an issue since he does`nt have to follow MSD who is another nudger. Karthik at No.5 is a perfect slot in and then the firepower of Pandya+Jadhav. Wish MSD wasn't considered that indispensable.

Yes. That's what I have been saying. It's either Rayudu or Dhoni who needs to be in the XI and both CANNOT exist together. And we all know that Dhoni is indispensable (and to his credit, Dhoni has got a lot of runs in the 4 games that he has played this year, to make him utterly indispensable). His inputs behind the stumps still remains legendary and the only issue was runs. And he has got runs in every game this year that he has batted.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
His inputs behind the stumps still remains legendary and the only issue was runs
Wasn't it also the rate at which he got the runs? Which still is a problem in my opinion inspite of his recent scores.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If we win this game, we should rest the entire top 3 for the other 2 games.

Kohli rested takes one of the top order out. Rohit needs to lead the side. Therefore I would play Gill for Dhawan and have Gill open. Dhoni replaces Kohli in the XI and take No. 4 with Rayudu slotting up to 3. Jadhav and Karthik float amongst themselves for 5 and 6. Rest Kuldeep and bring back Jadeja. And rest Shami and play Khaleel.

Rohit
Gill
Rayudu
Dhoni
Jadhav
Karthik
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Chahal
Khaleel

Wasn't it also the rate at which he got the runs? Which still is a problem in my opinion inspite of his recent scores.

I thought he showed a much better strike rate in the 2nd ODI of this series where he scored 44 off 30 balls. TBH, I thought it was Rayudu who slowed it down and couldn't connect with the ball well enough. And most of Dhoni's innings in Australia where during chases and when Dhoni is in a chase, he knows what he is facing and he backs himself to get there even if its in the last ball of the innings. I know I am not in big favor of Dhoni playing the WC, but he has got into that position where he has all bases covered.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Kohli rested takes one of the top order out. Rohit needs to lead the side. Therefore I would play Gill for Dhawan and have Gill open. Dhoni replaces Kohli in the XI and take No. 4 with Rayudu slotting up to 3. Jadhav and Karthik float amongst themselves for 5 and 6. Rest Kuldeep and bring back Jadeja. And rest Shami and play Khaleel.

Rohit
Gill
Rayudu
Dhoni
Jadhav
Karthik
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Chahal
Khaleel

I thought he showed a much better strike rate in the 2nd ODI of this series where he scored 44 off 30 balls. TBH, I thought it was Rayudu who slowed it down and couldn't connect with the ball well enough. And most of Dhoni's innings in Australia where during chases and when Dhoni is in a chase, he knows what he is facing and he backs himself to get there even if its in the last ball of the innings. I know I am not in big favor of Dhoni playing the WC, but he has got into that position where he has all bases covered.

If Rahul is in the scheme of things, I would have moved rivers and mountains to have him fly to NZ and play the remaining two games. Dhoni can captain and Rohit should rest considering the frequent flyer points he's accumulated in the last year. All just minor details to strengthen the bench while keeping the regular blokes fit and fresh. I am not so excited to see Gill play because I know he won't go to the world cup. I'd rather fly Pant in.

Users who are viewing this thread