India tour of New Zealand 2019

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Rahul is in the scheme of things, I would have moved rivers and mountains to have him fly to NZ and play the remaining two games. Dhoni can captain and Rohit should rest considering the frequent flyer points he's accumulated in the last year. All just minor details to strengthen the bench while keeping the regular blokes fit and fresh. I am not so excited to see Gill play because I know he won't go to the world cup. I'd rather fly Pant in.

I wish so too. I am not sure if Gill is our backup opening option for the WC. KL Rahul was the backup opening option but not flying him into NZ and asking him to play for India A against England Lions, sends a weird signal that maybe he is losing favor with the team management as far as WC2019 is concerned. Gill is too raw and new to be considered for WC unless India want to have a surprise element in their WC squad.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I wish so too. I am not sure if Gill is our backup opening option for the WC. KL Rahul was the backup opening option but not flying him into NZ and asking him to play for India A against England Lions, sends a weird signal that maybe he is losing favor with the team management as far as WC2019 is concerned. Gill is too raw and new to be considered for WC unless India want to have a surprise element in their WC squad.

If they want a left field selection, then it's a no brainer to put Pant in. He's opened before and if he clicks, everyone can pack up and just go home because he will decimate attacks on his day.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If they want a left field selection, then it's a no brainer to put Pant in. He's opened before and if he clicks, everyone can pack up and just go home because he will decimate attacks on his day.

Our selectors have been utterly confounding. Sending a guy like Gill to New Zealand right now and keeping Pant away and asking him to play for India-A. Utter nonsense this bunch is! They are just plain lucky that India is entering an era where the quality of the players are so good that it makes the selectors job easy.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have been hammering my brains and I'm going to try and nail the 15 going to England-

Virat Kohli
Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
Ambati Rayudu
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Kedar Jadhav
Hardik Pandya
Kuldeep Yadav
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Jaspreet Bumrah
Yuzvendra Chahal
Dinesh Karthik
Ravindra Jadeja
Mohommad Shami
KL Rahul

The only other person I see figuring is Pant for Rahul. I personally would take Karthik, not Rayudu and take another fast bowler. But, it won't happen.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With Dhawan and Rohit gone, an excellent opportunity to test the middle order with no Kohli.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What is going on? Hats off to Trent Boult. The silent killer for New Zealand!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Oh dear! Not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning. Gotta watch the highlights to see how the wickets fell. I guess it was only a matter of time until the numbers caught up with us.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
One positive - from 35/6 to 92/10. Our tail wagged :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dont know why Khaleel is trying to bowl short ... there seems to be no venom in it

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Let's see what happens next[DOUBLEPOST=1548910869][/DOUBLEPOST]India need to take wickets soon

Users who are viewing this thread