India tour of South Africa - 2013/14

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Even Amla is better than Tendulkar. Record maker, and best of all not selfish. Tendulkar is no where near Lara. Tendulkar, cricket's most selfish player. Steyn will break India's batting line apart.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Even Amla is better than Tendulkar. Record maker, and best of all not selfish. Tendulkar is no where near Lara. Tendulkar, cricket's most selfish player. Steyn will break India's batting line apart.

Selfish??? :lol:lol:lol Just wait for South African tour of India.Sachin will close all those poor mouths of commentator's by his bat ;)

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yea, ask Amla and Lara themselves bro. They will tell you if he is 'selfish' :lol

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's a story:
Tendulkar is better than Lara.
End of story.

Last edited:

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
What he has achieved in cricket, any average batsman can,

Other than Sehwag, tell me which cricketer in the world has scored a double hundred. Or on whom can you bet on scoring a double hundred against the likes of someone like Steyn.
By selfish you do mean that he isn't retiring at an age of 39 odd? Again get your facts right, there have been many players who have played International cricket at 40+.

Tbf, it has always been a race among equals, but never have you provided facts or instances how Lara has been better than Tendulkar. Again, you know that I am not saying that he is, but it isn't that he is less :rolleyes

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Donald Bradman also played till about 40 years age.Then was he also a selfish??? Well, my answer is NO!!!!

Last edited:
S

Satan666

Other than Sehwag, tell me which cricketer in the world has scored a double hundred. Or on whom can you bet on scoring a double hundred against the likes of someone like Steyn.
By selfish you do mean that he isn't retiring at an age of 39 odd? Again get your facts right, there have been many players who have played International cricket at 40+.

Tbf, it has always been a race among equals, but never have you provided facts or instances how Lara has been better than Tendulkar. Again, you know that I am not saying that he is, but it isn't that he is less :rolleyes

Its not only a matter of age, he has been on a downward spiral over the last decade, in the last two years he has averaged 26 in tests, yet he stills hang on, soaking up a spot which could have been used to groom a youngster before this tough tour of SA.

As I posted earlier, one fact is that he has never been able to conjure up anything past 250, whereas Lara has passed 350 twice!

Thats Tendulkar only claim to fame, he scored 200 in ODI, then Lara scored 400 in test cricket, and we all know how difficult test is compared to ODI. It doesnt make sense arguing performance based on ODI cricket, test cricket is where true cricketers are tested. Besides Sehwag holds the record for highest individual score at 219, not Sachin!

----------

Donald Bradman also played about 40 years.Then was he also a selfish??? Well, my answer is NO!!!!

Back in those days, tests were few hence he only played around 52 tests! Plus there are many young batsmen, exciting guys deserving a place more than the old crow in the test side. Sachin's presence also affects the team moral, since he has done nothing to warrant his place but due to his 'god like' appearance the selectors are forced into having him play!

----------

Here's a story:
Tendulkar is better than Lara.
End of story.

Better at selfishness certainly not cricket!

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hashim Amla has scored a triple century. You wanted a name, you got a name. He scored it against one of the toughest teams, England. Lara is miles better than Sachin.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Its not only a matter of age, he has been on a downward spiral over the last decade, in the last two years he has averaged 26 in tests, yet he stills hang on, soaking up a spot which could have been used to groom a youngster before this tough tour of SA.

As I posted earlier, one fact is that he has never been able to conjure up anything past 250, whereas Lara has passed 350 twice!

Thats Tendulkar only claim to fame, he scored 200 in ODI, then Lara scored 400 in test cricket, and we all know how difficult test is compared to ODI. It doesnt make sense arguing performance based on ODI cricket, test cricket is where true cricketers are tested. Besides Sehwag holds the record for highest individual score at 219, not Sachin!

I've said many a time that he should have retired. It is not hidden that his performances are going down, but it should be the selectors duty to the needful. You cannot blame this guy, he'll retire when he wants. He has already stated that the selectors shouldn't come under pressure to include him.

Indeed, you cannot compare ODI to Test. So let us compare ODI to ODI and Tests to Tests. The point still stands, Lara hasn't won more matches than Tendulkar, that is a fact.

Now let us talk about the 400. Why was he allowed to bat that long, Windies batted for 3 days , ohh wait, they batted for 3 days so that Lara could go on and on and on. They went for a draw, even when they were 3-0 down, shoudl have played aggressively in such a way that they could stand a chance. You know their bowlers wouldn't have taken 20 wickets against an inform batting line-up. Selfish :rolleyes

Hashim Amla has scored a triple century. You wanted a name, you got a name. He scored it against one of the toughest teams, England.
I never knew he scored a triple in an ODI :facepalm

S

Satan666

Now let us talk about the 400. Why was he allowed to bat that long, Windies batted for 3 days only , ohh wait, they batted for 3 days so that Lara could go on and on and on. They went for a draw, even when they were 3-0 down, shoudl have played aggressively in such a way that they could stand a chance. You know their bowlers wouldn't have taken 20 wickets against an inform batting line-up. Selfish :rolleyes

I

Was a strong English lineup which toured the Caribbean, as you stated they were already 3-0 up in the series, the WI with their weak bowling at the time could not be depended on to take all 20 English wickets so their only chance at a win was to score a massive first inns score by the second day, which they did. The nature of the Antiguan pitch always made it hard for bowlers, and atleast they didnt went 4-0 down to the English, Lara singlehandedly avoided a whitewash.

But lets also talk about guys who have scored triple centuries:

List of Test cricket triple centuries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Highlighted are Lara/Gayle/Bradman/Sehwag who've scored in excess of 300 twice.
I am more than willing to entertain your thoughts on another thread, since you have derailed the topic at hand.

Its India versus SA not Lara versus Sachin thread!

----------

I'm really sorry to say this xtrm- just go infront of a mirror and raise your middle finger ! Thats it!

Post reported for trolling.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Stick to the topic guys,I failed at it aswell lol.
Nevertheless, Indian cricket team looks stronger as compare to the South African team.Especially after seeing how bad the proteas performed against Lanka.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
No. You very well know that when a team is in a very good position and scoring at a low run rate, they don't tend to go that way, West Indies anyhow had nothing to lose.

Lara singlehandedly avoided a whitewash.
:clap

Why should we talk about the other bunch of guys who have scored a triple. We are talkin about Lara and Sachin right?
And no, I didn't derail any topic, just trying to know as to how Lara was better than Sachin. Really never figured that out.

Again, I never said how Sachin is better than Lara.
Sure, behind you sir.

As for the topic in hand, it will be great to see if India score more than a 100 in the first test. ;)

----------

Nevertheless, Indian cricket team looks stronger as compare to the South African team.Especially after seeing how bad the proteas performed against Lanka.

Which wasn't their best squad, though I did like them analysing their options. Cannot really comment on how India would perform in Tests, never seen our batsman perform abroad for quite some time now.

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Wait and see. Sachin has shown everyone that "cricket is his LIFE". And he will continue it in india tour of South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread