India tour of South Africa

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bumrah is a surprise. I am not sure how I feel about his selection. Although I doubt he will get a game ahead of Umesh, Shami and Bhuvi. Maybe he is in the team as backup just like Parthiv.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Regarding Parthiv I think its a good decision but I am not so sure about Bumrah. He has not played any FC match in over a year as BCCI asked him to skip it and practice at NCA for colored clothing. Bumrah might be talented but if he is not handled well we could loose a very good LO bowler.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I really like Bumrah in the Test squad. Hopefully he plays in the XI. Earlier I too used to feel we need him as an ODI/T20 bowler but if he can be good enough in Tests then it is a win win for us. Hopefully he will be handled well. Also Parthiv's selection worries me. It is an indication how we lack wicket keepers in the longer format. It is a shame despite having such a huge domestic structure.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bumrah is taken as the fifth seamer because among other pacers, Bumrah is the only guy who is ahead of the line waiting for a test call up. However I do not see Bumrah picked ahead of even Ishant Sharma. Bhuvi, Shami and Yadav should take the first 3 slots, followed by Ishant and then Bumrah.

Good to hear that India are sending 4 quality pacers from our domestic scene to bowl to our batsmen in the nets in South Africa.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/repor...ith-team-to-south-africa-tour-sa/20171211.htm

Shows how serious we are this time of a good performance. Siraj, Thampi, Avesh Khan, etc. And usually we are hampered by poor net bowlers whenever we tour abroad. And also not wanting to exert our frontline seamers who have been picked in the test squad. This is a very good decision.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This tour is going to be Legen - wait for it - dary! Legendary... 3 tests 6odis and 3 t20s! Awesome!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This tour is going to be Legen - wait for it - dary! Legendary... 3 tests 6odis and 3 t20s! Awesome!

Lets not hype it up too soon. I am still expecting a dominant performance from SA and our typical abroad weaknesses to manifest. The way we bat whenever we encounter a lively pitch, tells me our perennial problems still exist big time

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Lets not hype it up too soon. I am still expecting a dominant performance from SA and our typical abroad weaknesses to manifest. The way we bat whenever we encounter a lively pitch, tells me our perennial problems still exist big time
Im excited whether India performs or not. Having a long tour against a Strong Cricketing Nation surely excites me!

B

Bigby Wolf

It was supposed to be a 4 test match series but that SL tour and typical BCCI management curtailed it to 3 and added a extra ODI to compensate it.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah the practice match has been cancelled too and I read somewhere India have opted for training sessions instead of the practice match.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can’t see India winning this if I’m honest. No preparation and a lot of the team haven’t played in SA for a long time. Also helps that South Africa have pretty much finished their transition from the Smith-Kallis days

B

Bigby Wolf

Coming onto the series SA definitely starts favorites to win the series meanwhile India on the other hand on paper atleast looks the best possible that has ever toured the rainbow nation. Seeing India's batting collapses on green top wickets or when the ball does move a bit and the poor preparation to the tour with the lone warm up cancel as well i honestly don't fancy India's chances to win the series they might do draw one or at best can 1 of the 3 tests unless the wicket in SA turns out to be a unusually slow like .i.e did vs Australia in 2014 (2nd test to be precise).

Users who are viewing this thread