India tour of South Africa

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Heaps of praise for VK. Some sections of the media already hailing him as India's greatest captain ever! :lol

Happens with every Indian captain. Once the dopamine surge reaches a place of no further increase, the wall will inevitably come falling down. :D And unlike his calmer and more humble predecessors, Kohli has chosen to live by the edge of a very sharp and brutal sword. When things don't go his way, he will be trashed up a lot more louder and harder than anyone else.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think Dhoni should bat 4. His main strength is running between the wickets and hitting the gaps. Without the ability of clearing the ropes like he used to he needs to adjust and also take some more responsibility in the middle order instead of trying to continue being what he once was

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I think Dhoni should bat 4. His main strength is running between the wickets and hitting the gaps. Without the ability of clearing the ropes like he used to he needs to adjust and also take some more responsibility in the middle order instead of trying to continue being what he once was
Yeah but for that to happen this stupid management has to see it. They even send Pandya ahead of him which is a sin tbh. It feels as if they are deliberately trying to force Dhoni to quit which is a shame!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
He will.
One of best allround cricketer now days.
I rate him like Flintoff.

Flintoff was one of the legends even though he didnt claim but his performance in both formats spoke for itself. For Pandya its a long way to go. Its an early judgement in my view.

As VK being the greatest captain ever for india... no suprize as this is the main problem with subcontinent media and fans.... poles apart views in quick fashion....

PS: A moment of proud for sure for the first ODI series win in SA

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dhoni is perfect rotating the strike, and he is generally good at staying at the crease and being able to hit the bad balls. He has played responsible innings in the last few months so he should be placed there. He is a sweet striker of the cricket ball and is able to do this later in his innings, once he is stuck in. #4/5 are ideal positions for Dhoni.

S

Satan666

Flintoff was one of the legends even though he didnt claim but his performance in both formats spoke for itself. For Pandya its a long way to go. Its an early judgement in my view.

As VK being the greatest captain ever for india... no suprize as this is the main problem with subcontinent media and fans.... poles apart views in quick fashion....

PS: A moment of proud for sure for the first ODI series win in SA

Flintoff was way overrated for my liking!

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Flintoff was way overrated for my liking!

Not agree.
A legend.

images

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ I agree.

The problem with trying Dhoni at #4 is that the middle overs will become troublesome for India if he bats along someone like Rahane or Rohit (we can't expect Kohli to be there every innings). There won't be much of strike rotation going on, which would build up the pressure at both ends. Call it fortunate or unfortunate, but Dhoni's wicket keeping skills are too good to keep him out of the ODI team and that is what is proving to be a headache w.r.t getting the batting order right. Dhoni cannot smash and bash at the death overs (so batting down doesn't really make sense) and at the same time, he finds it hard to get the singles early on in his innings (where middle overs will be used up).

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I am surprised at all the hooplah being made over Kohli's reactions. He was on the brink of achieving something no previous Indian captain had achieved. His reactions, even if over the top, were nothing unexpected. And hats off to him and his team for pulling off a wonderful feat here. And mind you, it was not just that he had the perfect team. He actually led the charge from the front by piling up those runs. Moreover, he stuck with the wrist spinners and they responded wonderfully. You could hear him repeatedly asking them to slow up the deliveries, even on the few occasions when they were being smacked. So credit where its due.

KOHLI has done an excellent job, especially after losing the test series 2-0 to begin with. Historically, the moment we lose one part of an overseas series, we lost everything else following it. This has been different. The team rallied hard to come back in the 3rd test (aided by some good team selections) and then carried that momentum into the ODIs to pull off a historical series win. A good chunk of credit has to go for Kohli for this, whether you like his celebratory ways or not.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Coming to Kohli's celebrations. Are they over the top? Yes. Would it be better if he mellowed down a bit? Yes, but only if it doesn't affect his hunger for runs and his attitude towards batting. Some people are just built this way. Its the background they come from. Without trying to stereotype, Kohli is from Delhi. The youth from Delhi is often very flamboyant and boorish when it comes to handling success. You guys keep comparing him to Dhoni/Sachin/Laxman/Dravid. These guys are from totally different backgrounds. That matters a lot. Compare Kohli to other Delhites and his attitude will be in total sync - Gambhir, Nehra were as hot headed and adept in using colorful language. It is not easy to change something you have been doing throughout your life, especially in emotionally charged situations. We need to cut him some slack here because he is no Sreesanth who would just mouth off and have nothing to show when it come to performing. Kohli is able to backup his arrogance with performances

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
My two cents that particularly Australia, South Africa and to say England didnt have a sledging and aggressive license by will of old cricketing greats only. I think the forgien media and cricketing world isnt used to have this kind of aggression from a subcontinent team. I believe that If you are performing that good and ruling the cricketing world, Aggression will come naturally and you got the right as well. We can all remember Ponting's aggression way back in 2000 to late 2000's. I think Aussie aggression was still far more. Now if Aussie and SA arent that on Top anymore, they should be able to digest the aggression and sledging from subcontinent teams as well. Though A good captain always finds a balance between aggression and calmness throughout the match and that he learns with experience. Wasim Akram was more calmer in his second run compared to first and turned out a very good captain.

What worse you can get when Mcgrath is getting hit for fours and sixes and still he used to come after the batsmen like he saying how dare you hit me a four or six?? That aggression was even translated to part time bowlers like Martyn, Symonds and Lehmann. They looked like giants. Those days were peak of aggression from Australia. As long as you are winning no one cares

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread