India tour of South Africa

S

Satan666

Not agree.
A legend.

images

Had a bowling average of 32 and a batting average of 31, cant day those figures are legendary. I’ll give you though he won some games for his team and did well in the Ashes of ‘05.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Flintoff the bowler was exceptional when on song. His batting was very hit and miss but not his bowling. He had his moments with the bat but never reliable. However, he was a matchwinner with the ball, especially when it was reversing. He had mastered the art of prizing out big wickets towards the end of his career. Pity that his career was never injury free.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am surprised at all the hooplah being made over Kohli's reactions. He was on the brink of achieving something no previous Indian captain had achieved. His reactions, even if over the top, were nothing unexpected. And hats off to him and his team for pulling off a wonderful feat here. And mind you, it was not just that he had the perfect team. He actually led the charge from the front by piling up those runs. Moreover, he stuck with the wrist spinners and they responded wonderfully. You could hear him repeatedly asking them to slow up the deliveries, even on the few occasions when they were being smacked. So credit where its due.

KOHLI has done an excellent job, especially after losing the test series 2-0 to begin with. Historically, the moment we lose one part of an overseas series, we lost everything else following it. This has been different. The team rallied hard to come back in the 3rd test (aided by some good team selections) and then carried that momentum into the ODIs to pull off a historical series win. A good chunk of credit has to go for Kohli for this, whether you like his celebratory ways or not.
Coming to Kohli's celebrations. Are they over the top? Yes. Would it be better if he mellowed down a bit? Yes, but only if it doesn't affect his hunger for runs and his attitude towards batting. Some people are just built this way. Its the background they come from. Without trying to stereotype, Kohli is from Delhi. The youth from Delhi is often very flamboyant and boorish when it comes to handling success. You guys keep comparing him to Dhoni/Sachin/Laxman/Dravid. These guys are from totally different backgrounds. That matters a lot. Compare Kohli to other Delhites and his attitude will be in total sync - Gambhir, Nehra were as hot headed and adept in using colorful language. It is not easy to change something you have been doing throughout your life, especially in emotionally charged situations. We need to cut him some slack here because he is no Sreesanth who would just mouth off and have nothing to show when it come to performing. Kohli is able to backup his arrogance with performances
Being a die hard fan of Kohli and getting trolled for calling him 'God of Modern Cricket', I completely agree with what you say. No member in this forums is denying the fact that he is better player than many other players of this decade and a good captain who has surpassed previous ones.

Performing and sledging are two different things. The universal sledging language is English and most of the teams understands the language. But what's the use of shouting in Hindi if that isn't understandable to foreign players? Ponting used to sledge people and would be quite understandable for opposite teams. But do you think he was understanding what the players from sub continents were giving it back during their time on the field?

That's the bloody point. Why do you want to spoil your image by using such words even after knowing that they would not understand what he is saying? Thats the reason why most of the times, Kohli is not penalized while the other foreign players are penalized for the same issue. Kohli uses abusive words and even the referees don't understand and hence they won't care to take action on him.

If you are pointing out towards the natural language and arrogance these players from Delhi posses, there are players like Virendra Sehwag, Unmukt Chand, Shikhar Dhawan and many more who don't use such abusive language all the time. Again, I'm saying this being a die hard fan of Kohli, he should refrain from such acts since he is now the captain of Indian Team and whole nation look forward to him as an inspiration.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The universal sledging language is English and most of the teams understands the language.

Universal sledging language? Seriously?

When you are under distress or are elated, you do not think what language to express yourself in. And what he is doing is not exactly sledging. He is saying mc/bc in celebration like a lot of people actually do. His words are hardly pointed to a particular player. Many a times, people abuse the crappy circumstance they had gotten themselves into out of frustration or relief.

This is one of the strangest critiques of Kohli's "sledging"

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It is surreal what numbers can do these days. People are so hungry for statistics that they are willing to overlook any and everything possible. Kohli a great captain? It is not even worth posting further.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Universal sledging language? Seriously?

When you are under distress or are elated, you do not think what language to express yourself in. And what he is doing is not exactly sledging. He is saying mc/bc in celebration like a lot of people actually do. His words are hardly pointed to a particular player. Many a times, people abuse the crappy circumstance they had gotten themselves into out of frustration or relief.

This is one of the strangest critiques of Kohli's "sledging"
So what did Rabada say? mc/bc ? What language does he speak? English is most commonly used by players for abusing oppositions.

There are many other ways to showcase your anger. You shouldn't be always using such words. People seriously criticised him for his abusive language when oppositions are playing very well on the field.

Ex: He used abusive language against Ishan Kishan during IPL game against Gujarat Lions when he was smashing the ball and Virat used mc/bc. A very good talent didn't get appreciation for his game but just some stupid abusive language from Indian Captain. Very good motivation and encouragement for youngsters, great.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
India need a mystery spinner.
Hope in this season of Vivo IPL, we will find him.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
It is surreal what numbers can do these days. People are so hungry for statistics that they are willing to overlook any and everything possible. Kohli a great captain? It is not even worth posting further.

Not sure who that is pointed to, but numbers have always been one of the most important things that matter. I don't think anyone here has called Kohli a great captain yet. He has done many things wrong in the Test series, especially when it comes to selection, but he has done many things right as well. Moreover, this is his first series in non-subcontinental conditions and he will have learnt plenty from it. If we can give MSD a chance post an 8-0 drubbing overseas and losing to England at home in 2012, surely we can give Kohli some time to prove his worth after scores lines of 1-2 in Tests and 4-1 in ODIs. And its not like we have to wait too long. England series this summer and then a tour to Australia followed by the world cup :) Plenty to criticize him on I am sure

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So what did Rabada say? mc/bc ? What language does he speak? English is most commonly used by players for abusing oppositions.

There are many other ways to showcase your anger. You shouldn't be always using such words. People seriously criticised him for his abusive language when oppositions are playing very well on the field.

Ex: He used abusive language against Ishan Kishan during IPL game against Gujarat Lions when he was smashing the ball and Virat used mc/bc. A very good talent didn't get appreciation for his game but just some stupid abusive language from Indian Captain. Very good motivation and encouragement for youngsters, great.

I am honestly not getting your point about this English language usage bro.

Kohli does go overboard with his celebrations for my liking too. I probably wouldn't be friends with a person with his loudness and aggression. Just not my style. But I don't see it as a major issue to overshadow everything he has achieved on this tour. That is what I find very odd. People here are getting so blinded by his behavior that they are unable to see what he has actually achieved.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Coming back to the final game. I think we should rest Bhuvi and Bumrah. They have done enough throughout the series. Shami and Shardul should be drafted in. Also Axar can replace either Kuldeep or Chahal. And surely, now we can have Pandey in the lineup.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
After winning the ODI series, womens team beat the SA in first match. Today is 2nd match in the 5 match T20 series.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think we should rest Bhuvi and Bumrah. They have done enough throughout the series. Shami and Shardul should be drafted in. Also Axar can replace either Kuldeep or Chahal. And surely, now we can have Pandey in the lineup.
This makes perfect sense but you cannot tell what the team management will be thinking right now.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They won't be resting anyone, will try hard to to end it 5-1.

Users who are viewing this thread