Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was a bad move to bring Pandya in. We are already getting quick runs, then what's the use of Pandya ? Maybe they were experimenting.
Kohli had said that he would go with his first choice team for the first 3 games in order to win the series and later on start experimenting with lineups, batting orders etc.. in the remaining games.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Kohli is just incredible. Definitely best batsman.
Corrected you there.

By the way, all those talks about board dismissing Dhoni and Dhoni is finished blah blah blah should be stopped now. He has been in some form this tour, pretty valuable batting.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Corrected you there.
IMO, Smith is better in Tests. If Kohli corrects his record in England next year, which he will probably do, then i will consider Kohli the best in all formats.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Seriously have not had the interest to follow any of the games this tour. Pathetic stuff from the opposition who have fallen so badly that they deserve to be treated like associate team. I am sure India have peaked well in recent times, but pretty confident India will face way tougher competition when we face Australia at home.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Corrected you there.

By the way, all those talks about board dismissing Dhoni and Dhoni is finished blah blah blah should be stopped now. He has been in some form this tour, pretty valuable batting.

I agree, but let's not forget how poor Sri Lanka have been this series. There hasn't even been any proper fight back. He will be properly tested in Australia.

(Although, I really want him to hit 10,000 runs - he so close)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Seriously have not had the interest to follow any of the games this tour. Pathetic stuff from the opposition who have fallen so badly that they deserve to be treated like associate team. I am sure India have peaked well in recent times, but pretty confident India will face way tougher competition when we face Australia at home.

I really hope India win a test series in SA, waiting for this moment since 90s. This current team can make some history, very much looking forward to SA tour.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Just heard that Rohit Sharma hugged Malinga after Malinga got his 300th wicket by dismissing Virat Kohli! I mean, SERIOUSLY? Its good that you are nice with your IPL mate, but here Rohit and Kohli are playing for India and Malinga for Sri Lanka, and Malinga has dismissed Kohli. I can't fathom how Rohit can even think of hugging Malinga. It can be construed that 'Rohit is happy that Kohli got dismissed'.

IPL can ease up the on field sledging and the controversial behavior between people/teams, but it should not go to the extent where you congratulate the opponent for hurting you or your own team.

B

Bigby Wolf

SaiSrini said:
Just heard that Rohit Sharma hugged Malinga after Malinga got his 300th wicket by dismissing Virat Kohli! I mean, SERIOUSLY? Its good that you are nice with your IPL mate, but here Rohit and Kohli are playing for India and Malinga for Sri Lanka, and Malinga has dismissed Kohli. I can't fathom how Rohit can even think of hugging Malinga. It can be construed that 'Rohit is happy that Kohli got dismissed'.

IPL can ease up the on field sledging and the controversial behavior between people/teams, but it should not go to the extent where you congratulate the opponent for hurting you or your own team.
It wasn't an immediate hug it actually happened when there was a commercial break and obviously shutterbugs were there to capture it.So no need to make a mountain out of molehill or act like a certain Ian chapell.

Last edited by a moderator:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Agree little bit.
But when batsmen scores a century, sometimes even the opposition team comes and congratulates batsmen during the game. So, I think this act can also be taken like that.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

It's all in good spirit. Are you questioning Rohit's intentions?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It's all in good spirit. Are you questioning Rohit's intentions?

Not questioning his intentions. I am questioning 'just' his act. It's not in good spirit when you hug the opposition bowler for taking the wicket of your own teammate. A shake of hands (or a pat on the back) would've been OK. A hug is taking things far. Its the difference between the way he expressed it.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Not questioning his intentions. I am questioning 'just' his act. It's not in good spirit when you hug the opposition bowler for taking the wicket of your own teammate. A shake of hands (or a pat on the back) would've been OK. A hug is taking things far. Its the difference between the way he expressed it.

They're anyway playing benefit matches.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
What a pointless series, I myself have barely been watching this series, except for the second ODI. I think the problem with Sri Lanka is they are not sticking to players and the making too many changes to the lineup, making it very unsettled. First of all, have no idea why Thirammane was dropped, he was honestly the best batsman who wasn't Sanga or Mahela. Another thing, SL need their most experienced bowlers up there as well. Thisara Perera is one of them, and needs to play. Vishwa Fernando doesn't seem bad, but there needs to be good bowlers to support Malinga. Lack of patience from the SL selectors is bringing their team down.

As for India, we should be firmly tested by the Aussies at home. Kuldeep definitely has to play more against top teams to get him ready for the world Cup as well as Manish Pandey. KL Rahul IMO is not ideal in the middle order. He will most likely be the third opener, even though I'd like him to play. I think this will be the other most important series, alongside the SA series in SA.

S

Satan666

All in your head playboy. Relax aint much going on!

Users who are viewing this thread