India vs Pakistan in Sri Lanka - Cancelled

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not so sure about Pakistan walloping us in tests though. We have been through a really tough period of cricket overseas and have done reasonably okay. Since coming back from those tours to familiar terrains, they have been pretty hard to beat (last 7 tests, won 5, lost 1). If the two sides were to face up in tests in Asia currently, it will be even. In fact, Pakistan would have a better chance in the ODIs.

Neither team are that good in ODIs given as shown by their recent series vs ENG/SA. However if the scheduled test series was going to happen on the turning UAE tracks, PAK certainly have the best equipped side to beat IND in spinner friendly conditions

PokerAce

Banned
Neither team are that good in ODIs given as shown by their recent series vs ENG/SA. However if the scheduled test series was going to happen on the turning UAE tracks, PAK certainly have the best equipped side to beat IND in spinner friendly conditions

Wow that exact phrasing - couldn't have been more accurate. I agree.

Whenever the politics sorts itself out, and we get a test series, if its in England, I would love it. UAE will be a run fest, in alllikelihood. However to have two subcontinent sides go at it, in conditions neither is suited to, that would be just awesome. Especially if the conditions are actually tuned towards the extreme seam and swing bit. Pakistan's pace bowling will give them an advantage I suppose, but India wouldn't be too far behind.

I would ofcourse equally enjoy two of Aus/Eng/SA/NZ, taking each other on in India on a pitch offering assistance to spinners.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not so sure about Pakistan walloping us in tests though. We have been through a really tough period of cricket overseas and have done reasonably okay. Since coming back from those tours to familiar terrains, they have been pretty hard to beat (last 7 tests, won 5, lost 1). If the two sides were to face up in tests in Asia currently, it will be even. In fact, Pakistan would have a better chance in the ODIs.

Was about to say that. The best place to beat us now is in ODI's and T20's where we have looked disjointed under Dhoni. Under Kohli's captaincy and that too in subcontinent conditions, India have looked really dominant and at times annihilating of the opposition.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I did`nt say anything different. I said it would be even. My response was to the post that said Pakistan would wallop India in tests which is unlikely considering the fact that Australia, NZ or SA could`nt wallop us in their home conditions.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I did`nt say anything different. I said it would be even. My response was to the post that said Pakistan would wallop India in tests which is unlikely considering the fact that Australia, NZ or SA could`nt wallop us in their home conditions.

Cool well to be fair, McCullum's new age NZ have not toured India yet. Now that i think of it based on their drawn series effort vs PAK in UAE 2014, presuming they keep getting better as expected, their 3 test tour to IND next October could see them do much better than recent SA & AUS teams did in IND.

Abhil

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
This tour is not going to take place i think.As the tour of Australia is just few days away .

Users who are viewing this thread