India

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Arrogance doesnt always make you a better player. In fact for a majority of the time, it always works against the player. When you think you're above all, you bring in all your attitude to the dressing room, rubbing people the wrong way and when its not your day, you wont find the right support and soon you will end up in the dustbin.

Hope Virat doesnt go that way. Yuvraj used to be similar, but now he seems to have sorted himself.

Once again, arrogance doesn't obliterate sense. I'm sure he knows there's a time and place for everything. I'm talking about his arrogant style of play on the pitch when he's facing upto opposition bowlers. I mean, even if he's arrogant, I'm pretty sure he knows when to tone it down. It's part and parcel of being a cricketer.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Arrogance doesnt always make you a better player. In fact for a majority of the time, it always works against the player. When you think you're above all, you bring in all your attitude to the dressing room, rubbing people the wrong way and when its not your day, you wont find the right support and soon you will end up in the dustbin.

Hope Virat doesn't go that way. Yuvraj used to be similar, but now he seems to have sorted himself.
Yuvraj still hasn't changed his attitude.Its just that,hes in quite a good form and he is really backed up by Dhoni.So it doesn't affects his place in the team.Regarding Kohli,I don't think he has a bad attitude towards his team.He just seems to be aggressive in the field,and really comes hard hard at himself for even the simplest of lapses he makes in the field.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
India cant drop UV. Batting will finish then. ;)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yuvraj still hasn't changed his attitude.Its just that,hes in quite a good form and he is really backed up by Dhoni.So it doesn't affects his place in the team.Regarding Kohli,I don't think he has a bad attitude towards his team.He just seems to be aggressive in the field,and really comes hard hard at himself for even the simplest of lapses he makes in the field.

Exactly. He has a real workman ethic. He just shows it differently than most and it's good to see it.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Workman ethic? No, no no. He DOESN'T have this. He is always seen skipping 'extra' practice sessions (That even Sachin still attends). The night before the England game, he went out shopping. He snapped at the reporter who asked him why (Something along the lines of 'We're players, you are not, we know when to practice'. That went well for you didn't it UV?)

This is why he'll never be a successful, or as-successful as his talent will let him be, in Tests. He doesn't have the sensibility. In the shorter formats of the game he can bank on his massive pool of talent to coast him through relatively well. Even his mammoth innings' are full of slogging (beautiful slogging, though it may be) in OD cricket. You can't play like that in tests, and he tries to, and fails.

That paragraph was an absolute murder of all grammar/and or comma use. Apologies :p.

Naresh, Yuvraj isn't as good in the field any more. He's average, not even amongst the best in our team. It just shows how much he's slacked since his debut, he was one of the best in the world then.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
What he said. ^^

Yuvraj used to be one of the most agile in your squad (although with the likes of Ganguly, Patel, Nehra, etc, that wasn't hard). Now, he's just fat and looks like batting is all that concerns him.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
UV has knee injury which means hes not as nimble but even then he can beat all except Dhoni if there ever was a sprint race among Indians.

naresh091

International Cricketer
lol yeah ,me too for a moment was confused thinking when did Virat Kohli played against England.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Arrogance only goes with UV in Indian cricket atm. Soon people will come to terms with Kohli.

Users who are viewing this thread