India

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India
MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag (vc), Piyush Chawla, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Ravindra Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, Ashish Nehra, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Vinay Kumar, Yuvraj Singh

Would be a surprise to see India in the semifinals. Yuvraj is out of form, Sehwag is blowing hot and cold, except Zaheer no other bowler can be relied upon. Hope we make a better fight out of it than last time when we played in England. This will be my ideal XI from the above team

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
S Raina
Y Singh
MS Dhoni
R Sharma
Y Pathan
H Singh
Z Khan
P Kumar
P Chawla/A Nehra

Last edited:

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I'd go with :

1. V. Sehwag
  2. G. Gambhir
  3. S. Raina
  4. Y. Singh
  5. M. S. Dhoni
  6. Y. Pathan
  7. R. Jadeja/R. Sharma
  8. H. Singh
  9. P. Kumar
  10. Z. Khan
  11. A. Nehra

vickyrox

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am sorry to say Our team selection is poor
No Utthapa,Vijay,Ojha(P)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I am sorry to say Our team selection is poor
No Utthapa,Vijay,Ojha(P)

Agreed. How the hell has Nehra made it into the squad, he goes for 6 an over already in ODI's, imagine what he's going to go for in T20's. :sarcasm

Also, to add a touch of pessimism, Raina, Nohit and Yusuf will fail for the majority of the series. They all fail when it comes to the big stage. I expect Yuvraj and Sehwag to fire in this tournament ,they always fire at the right time for us -- Yuvraj carried us through the T20 World Cup in England single handedly.

I've got no faith in the bowling barring Zaheer and Harbhajan. Fair enough Irfan Pathan not getting picked, but Pragyan Ojha? Dinda?

It amazes me how we always persist in the same crap all the time.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Batting looks good with Dhoni, Raina, Sharma :facepalm, Gauti in good form.

Yuvi is getting crapier. Looks like he is missing Raina.

Viru is also looking lost.

Least said about bowling the best. Ashwin and Ojha missing :facepalm

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He cant even play for Chennai Super Kings, how can he play for India?

I think it was a sarcastic question :p

On a serious note, Zaheer - Vinay - Praveen - Harbhajan + Yuvraj/Yusuf/Raina ( 5th bowler ) should do good. Don't the pitches on WI stays on the slow side & helps the medium bowlers?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I dont see Vinay Kumar playing much games. Dont know whats so great about him that he has been selected. Zaheer and Bhajji are certain. Praveen will play because he is good in limited overs cricket. Since wickets in WI might be slow, Chawla could play more games than Nehra or others. In T20's, spinners have the ability to slow down tempo.

P

pcfan123

It was a real question, my knowledge of limited overs players is not that great. I know he was instrumental in the T20 WC win, guess he must have has a drastic loss of form.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I dont see Vinay Kumar playing much games. Dont know whats so great about him that he has been selected. Zaheer and Bhajji are certain. Praveen will play because he is good in limited overs cricket. Since wickets in WI might be slow, Chawla could play more games than Nehra or others. In T20's, spinners have the ability to slow down tempo.

Playing an orthodox and slow leg spinners can be bit of a gamble. They can go for plenty of runs. India needs to put in a good show with the ball and they have the potential to sail through to semis. Its all depends upon their bowlers.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I think Jadeja will play more games than Chawla. He's been very good in ODI's off late, and I expect him to play even better in the T20s.

The fact that he can bat bit also adds to the team.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Playing XI for Team India:

1: Gautam Gambhir
2: Virender Sehwag
3: MS Dhoni
4: Suresh Raina
5: Yuvraj Singh
6: Ravindra Jadeja
7: Harbhajan Singh