Indian 3G discussion

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
3G is yet to be launched by most of the operators in India even though all the licensing has been done and dusted for all circles. I had a word with my friends in Telecom line and have been told that it will be around March that we can expect it on popular GSM networks.

I have been using the Tata Docomo 3G stick (7.2 Mbps one) for last week and have found that it gives good download speed as compared to the Tata Photon. The max that I have found on speedtest.net has been 3.2 Mbps during daytime. The upload speed is only 500 kbps though.

The plan I have is 7.2 Mbps @ 1275 for 5GB. After 5GB goes to normal mode. Since its only for official use only this plan is very good for me.

The downside though is that it looses connectivity in between some times and performs like 256 kbps connection other times.

With MNP coming in January to Docomo, I will try switching my Airtel number to Docomo and see what 3G is like in mobile phones. Till then I will try giving feedback from one of my colleague experience.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
i have a bsnl 3g data card but my bsnl 3g connection is slow and weak (it catches only 30% mostly due to my location) so i use aircel edge (1 month unlimited ) on the same modem.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I was in India in December and was using my cousin's iPad which had the MTNL 3G Jadoo plan. Although I din't run any tests, I found out that Youtube vidoes were buffering, but the general browsing and surfing were fine.

I use 3.5G (HSDPA) here in the UAE on my mobile, which I often connect to my laptop when I am outside and youtube runs perfectly and without any buffering.

Users who are viewing this thread